Injury Updates: Herndon Fractured Rib & Winters Dislocated Shoulder

Lith

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Hope I never have to see Winters in a Jets uniform again.

He goes out, a mediocre journeyman like Compton comes in, and the OL immediately starts playing better.

Cut his ass in the offseason and throw the bank at Scherff if he makes it to FA.

Disgusted by 99% of his tenure with the Jets.  Only the Jets could have a guy like that starting on their OL for what 7 years???

The Jets make more unjust Millionaires than the Lottery.  If the Jets didn’t exist...that would not be the case.

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

This is a guy who played last season with a torn core muscle.

He's been hurt, and he is probably done, but he is someone who gave everything he had to be a good player on the team, and shouldn't be treated like garbage.

Yeah, agreed. Identifying players who actually want to play, are willing to play banged up is a positive. Winters wasnt very good anymore, but wanting to play football is at least a good baseline. Cant say that about a lot of the guys Maccagnan brought in. They got crushed for the Osemele thing, but I'd bet there were some guys on JD's side there too.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ouch.

He certainly is a trooper if that's the case. I wonder how many of his awful years were due to some horrific injury he was playing through?

Did that a few yrs ago too.  Can’t remember which season.

It was hinted that he was playing with a bad shoulder late training camp and Gase even hinted at it last week when the Darnold/Winters argument was asked of him

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Weakest link?  Have you watched the games? 

Yeah, and I’ve seen Winters get routinely pushed back into Darnold’s face or blown by completely. He’s also been a walking holding machine throughout his entire career, even when he was playing at a competent level.

He was never much of a pass protector, but even his run blocking has gone down the tubes over the last two years.

Maybe it could be chalked up to injury, who knows. But I certainly don’t want him back.

57 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah, and I’ve seen Winters get routinely pushed back into Darnold’s face or blown by completely. He’s also been a walking holding machine throughout his entire career, even when he was playing at a competent level.

He was never much of a pass protector, but even his run blocking has gone down the tubes over the last two years.

Maybe it could be chalked up to injury, who knows. But I certainly don’t want him back.

I don't dispute any of that, but have you watched Spencer Long, Kalil, Shell or Edogan at all?

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't dispute any of that, but have you watched Spencer Long, Kalil, Shell or Edogan at all?

Kalil is poop, I’ll certainly give you that.

But even as crappy as Long was at center last year, he didn’t look half bad at LG after he replaced Carpenter.

The LT experiment with Edoga was a disaster, but I think he’s shown some viable upside at RT. He’s still a bit shaky, but with a little added experience I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns out to be at least a 4-5 year solution there.

Shell at least looked like a solid starting RT more often than not for his first 3 years. Then he suddenly fell off a cliff this season.

15 hours ago, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73

Jets announce they have placed RG Brian Winters and TE Chris Herndon on season-ending IR.

They have also signed LB B.J. Bello and CB Kyron Brown to the active roster.

No Herndon - sh*t!  We are now stoppable. 

• Haha 1