Jump to content
Stark

Stark's First Mock for 2020

Recommended Posts

As I do some of these mocks Wr seems to be very deep this year with some legit really good prospects lasting into later rounds.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stark said:

I am just running the picks as is. I am not projecting trading away anyone or adding picks..

This is from https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

The 3rd selection was tough...  

 

369615226_ScreenShot2020-01-09at3_38_49PM.png.707276c330d2350b91211bcfa48acdb3.png

I don't see the Jets going with a RB with the 68th pick. They just need too much elsewhere.  

Love the AGG pick. I am totally enamored with that kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't see the Jets going with a RB with the 68th pick. They just need too much elsewhere.  

Love the AGG pick. I am totally enamored with that kid. 

That was the toughest pick to make based on the board. It may be my lack of knowledge for the group of players that were available there, and I wish I screen captured the group of players around that point to see what selections some others would have taken there.

I took a risky pick there and I knew it. I figured I would get slammed for that. Also, in hindsight the way RBs fell later in that draft I could have reached for a different player and still gotten a decent RB later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stark said:

I am just running the picks as is. I am not projecting trading away anyone or adding picks..

This is from https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

The 3rd selection was tough...  

 

369615226_ScreenShot2020-01-09at3_38_49PM.png.707276c330d2350b91211bcfa48acdb3.png

I don't see the Jets going with a RB with the 68th pick. They just need too much elsewhere.  

Love the AGG pick. I am totally enamored with that kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I came up with.  And the more I think about it, the less I believe that the Douglas/Gase mindset is to pick a WR in the first 3 rounds. That's a luxury pick to Douglas who must address more glaring weaknesses at O line CB, and the lack of an edge rusher. Plus, I think Gase views WRs as cogs in a machine and just like he doesn't like the idea of "feeding" the ball to Bell, he would not target a #1WR week in and week out. So, I look for the Jets to wait until Rd 4 and later to pick WRs, especially since the draft is deep at WR and it also helps achieve my goal of drafting AGG.

11 Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama

48 Bryce Hall, CB Virginia

68 Darryl Williams, IOL Mississippi State

79 Bradlee Anae, EDGE Utah

110 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

140 Zach Shackelford, IOL Texas

171 Chase Claypool , WR Notre Dame

202 Carter Coughlin, EDGE Minnes

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as long as Douglas is flexible in the first 3 rounds between O line, Edge and CB, things should work out well. I tried it a second time and it seems players at those 3 positions fall to the Jets in the first 3 rounds.

11 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Iowa

48 Bryce Hall, CB Virginia

68 Jack Driscoll , OT Auburn

79 Darryl Williams , IOL Mississippi State

110 Donovan Peoples-Jones , WR Michigan

140 Cole Van Lanen , OT Wisconsin

171 Chase Claypool , WR Notre Dame

202 D.J. Wonnum , EDGE South Carolina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to have a ridculous amount of fun, make Miami's picks. https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

 

5 Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama

18 Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama

27 Terrell Lewis, EDGE Alabama

39 A.J. Terrell , CB Clemson

56 Travis Etienne, RB Clemson

70 Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame

135 Brandon Jones, S Texas

144 K.J. Hill, WR Ohio State

147 Jordyn Brooks, LB Texas Tech

165 Yasir Durant, IOL Missouri

177 Nyles Pinckney, IDL Clemson

220 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I would buy into your draft but I don't see the center falling to us in the second.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Yeah, the mock draft program is a little buggy as to who it will let fall. For example, here the Jets got Chase Young at 11:

11 Chase Young, EDGE Ohio State

48 Austin Jackson, OT USC

68 C.J. Henderson, CB Florida

79 Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan

110 Logan Stenberg, IOL Kentucky

140 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

171 Tipa Galea'i, EDGE Utah State

202 Scott Frantz, OT Kansas State

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, the mock draft program is a little buggy as to who it will let fall. For example, here the Jets got Chase Young at 11:
11 Chase Young, EDGE Ohio State
48 Austin Jackson, OT USC
68 C.J. Henderson, CB Florida
79 Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan
110 Logan Stenberg, IOL Kentucky
140 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty
171 Tipa Galea'i, EDGE Utah State
202 Scott Frantz, OT Kansas State

This is the best of all your drafts with that program. Haha.
Could you imagine if young was there and we had yet another “best player” in the draft fall to us? Could JD pass on him ya think?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 9:47 AM, Stark said:

That was the toughest pick to make based on the board. It may be my lack of knowledge for the group of players that were available there, and I wish I screen captured the group of players around that point to see what selections some others would have taken there.

I took a risky pick there and I knew it. I figured I would get slammed for that. Also, in hindsight the way RBs fell later in that draft I could have reached for a different player and still gotten a decent RB later.

I captured  my 3rd round screen after getting Wirfs in the 1st and taking a WR in the 2nd (Shenault Jr.).  It isn't very exciting in this mock and I honestly don't really have a good sense of who should be the pick here.  I would guess one of the Edges, maybe Willekes, but there's not CB or IOL in sight.

image.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The draft network is great and I love the mock draft app. However, its really hard to put together your own mock based off the prospects it spits out. Its giving you Mims in the 5th and AGG in the 6th, which is just not going to happen. AGG is raw and may not go in the top 3 rounds but no way he drops to the 6th round. Not with his talent. Mims in the 5th is a bit more realistic but also highly unlikely. He is more likely to go bottom of the 3rd round, maybe early 4th. Biadasz falling to the Jets in Rd. 2 would be a miracle. Especially with Humphrey staying in school.

I've done this mock a thousand times and I've gotten insane outcomes where I come away with absurd talent. 

Wirfs I think is a possibility. Of the top 3 OT, he would probably be the 3rd taken. And maybe another OT makes a push to edge his way into the top 3 and just maybe a team decides they like him more than Wirfs. Maybe a team you would expect to take an OT go a different way and he drops. Jets would need to get lucky, IMO. I think the more realistic scenario is that one of the top 2 WRs falls, most likely Lamb. And the even MORE realistic scenario is that all 5- Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Jeudy, Lamb are off the board and the Jets will be looking at Epenesa, Rugs, Fulton, Higgins, Biadasz, or the next OT like Becton or A.Jackson, etc. Jet fans should be ready for this because as much as I would love to get one of those guys we have been pining for, they will most likely be gone by pick 11.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't see the Jets going with a RB with the 68th pick. They just need too much elsewhere.  

Love the AGG pick. I am totally enamored with that kid. 

jets will have one of the worst rb groups in the league next year if they don't draft one.  this affects the run and passing games.  give darnold a dump off option at rb, this is as critical as drafting a wr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PepPep said:

The draft network is great and I love the mock draft app. However, its really hard to put together your own mock based off the prospects it spits out. Its giving you Mims in the 5th and AGG in the 6th, which is just not going to happen. AGG is raw and may not go in the top 3 rounds but no way he drops to the 6th round. Not with his talent. Mims in the 5th is a bit more realistic but also highly unlikely. He is more likely to go bottom of the 3rd round, maybe early 4th. Biadasz falling to the Jets in Rd. 2 would be a miracle. Especially with Humphrey staying in school.

I've done this mock a thousand times and I've gotten insane outcomes where I come away with absurd talent. 

Wirfs I think is a possibility. Of the top 3 OT, he would probably be the 3rd taken. And maybe another OT makes a push to edge his way into the top 3 and just maybe a team decides they like him more than Wirfs. Maybe a team you would expect to take an OT go a different way and he drops. Jets would need to get lucky, IMO. I think the more realistic scenario is that one of the top 2 WRs falls, most likely Lamb. And the even MORE realistic scenario is that all 5- Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Jeudy, Lamb are off the board and the Jets will be looking at Epenesa, Rugs, Fulton, Higgins, Biadasz, or the next OT like Becton or A.Jackson, etc. Jet fans should be ready for this because as much as I would love to get one of those guys we have been pining for, they will most likely be gone by pick 11.    

It's way too early, of course, but I tried to simulate what that would mean in terms of who slips.

I think it seems clear that (as of now) Burrow, Young, Okudah and Derrick Brown are sure top-10 picks.  And the Chargers seem to be heavily linked to Herbert at this point.  So for all five of those OL/WR guys to also get picked in the top-10, that would mean no other players would be taken from this list:

Tua, Epenesa, Delpit, Simmons. 

Could all of those guys fall out of the top-10?  Possible.  But The draft just never goes the way anyone expects.  I assume Thomas, Jeudy and one of Wirfs/Wills will be gone but would not be surprised to see Lamb and possibly either Wirfs or Wills sitting there at our pick.  The worst case seems to be JAX taking Lamb at 9 and CLE taking the last remaining OT at 10 to close us out.

One wild card I'd look for is JAX to go Simmons and fill a need as glaring as WR for them.  The other is if MIA takes Tua at #5 instead of waiting.  Either one of those happens and we're good.

It would certainly suck, though, to see all of the top OL and WR prospects disappear right before we pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 4:43 PM, Stark said:

I am just running the picks as is. I am not projecting trading away anyone or adding picks..

This is from https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

The 3rd selection was tough...  

 

369615226_ScreenShot2020-01-09at3_38_49PM.png.707276c330d2350b91211bcfa48acdb3.png

That would be nice.  Love the OL choices and positioning.  I've just got a hard on for top WR's in this draft and while Mims and AGG are nice (surprised they go that late) it's hard for me to accept a draft that doesnt have us taking a WR with 1 of the first 4 picks. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's way too early, of course, but I tried to simulate what that would mean in terms of who slips.

I think it seems clear that (as of now) Burrow, Young, Okudah and Derrick Brown are sure top-10 picks.  And the Chargers seem to be heavily linked to Herbert at this point.  So for all five of those OL/WR guys to also get picked in the top-10, that would mean no other players would be taken from this list:

Tua, Epenesa, Delpit, Simmons. 

Could all of those guys fall out of the top-10?  Possible.  But The draft just never goes the way anyone expects.  I assume Thomas, Jeudy and one of Wirfs/Wills will be gone but would not be surprised to see Lamb and possibly either Wirfs or Wills sitting there at our pick.  The worst case seems to be JAX taking Lamb at 9 and CLE taking the last remaining OT at 10 to close us out.

One wild card I'd look for is JAX to go Simmons and fill a need as glaring as WR for them.  The other is if MIA takes Tua at #5 instead of waiting.  Either one of those happens and we're good.

It would certainly suck, though, to see all of the top OL and WR prospects disappear right before we pick. 

If the DR's reports are good, they have to, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe its just my draft crush on him affecting my thoughts, but I dont see mims lasting that long in the draft.  I think after the combine and everything he's going to be a third round pick.  MAYBE 4th but i doubt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JiF said:

That would be nice.  Love the OL choices and positioning.  I've just got a hard on for top WR's in this draft and while Mims and AGG are nice (surprised they go that late) it's hard for me to accept a draft that doesnt have us taking a WR with 1 of the first 4 picks. 

I agree. I keep saying wee need to come away with a:

Lamb

Higgins

Jefferson

Plus a AGG / Jennings / Mimms... 

The way this mock went I couldn't get one of those top 3, IMO. The second rd pick is where I was hoping to get one of them and no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, GREENBEAN said:


This is the best of all your drafts with that program. Haha.
Could you imagine if young was there and we had yet another “best player” in the draft fall to us? Could JD pass on him ya think?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

not again... 😏

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...