Interesting Draft Related Tweet from Schefter

HawkeyeJet

35 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think Schefter tweets stuff like this just to provide his amateur scouting thoughts.  I personally don't think it will happen, but crazier stuff has.

I don't see it but the draft Always has curve thrown in it somewhere. 

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

I don't see it but the draft Always has curve thrown in it somewhere. 

Agreed.  Almost nobody had Baker at #1 a week before the 2018 Draft....and then a way we went!  Clelin Ferrell before Josh Allen?

Weird things happen, but I don't see Young sliding past #2.  In fact, the Draft should look just like it did at the top last year.... 1. QB  2. Passrusher

2 minutes ago, Jethead said:

I think he will be long gone before the Jets pick but if not he merits serious consideration. There are plenty of OL and WR prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

NO WAY!

Where is the guy going to play?

We already have Adams who is a freelance LB/Safety.

It would be an atrocious pick for the jets and I am not saying the guy is a bad player.  If you want to trade Adams for multiple picks and then look at him, maybe but I'd still be upset.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

NO WAY!

Where is the guy going to play?

We already have Adams who is a freelance LB/Safety.

It would be an atrocious pick for the jets and I am not saying the guy is a bad player.  If you want to trade Adams for multiple picks and then look at him, maybe but I'd still be upset.

If you're going to trade Adams, you don't turn around then draft Simmons, it's just trading away an established commodity to draft an unknown commodity to do the same exact job.  Would be senseless. 

For the record I don't want to trade Adams at all, but I understand the merit in others points for trading him.  If he was traded and we turned around and drafted Simmons at 11 I'd be furious. 

I would love to see him go in the top 10, along with Chase Young, Brown, Tua, Herbert and hopefully either Epenesa or Kinlaw make a real push as we approach the draft as top 10 prospects/targets. This would certainly give the Jets an opportunity to get a top 3 OT or Jerry Jerry Jeudy, which is what I'm really hoping for. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

I would love to see him go in the top 10, along with Chase Young, Brown, Tua, Herbert and hopefully either Epenesa or Kinlaw make a real push as we approach the draft as top 10 prospects/targets. This would certainly give the Jets an opportunity to get a top 3 OT or Jerry Jerry Jeudy, which is what I'm really hoping for. 

I've said it before, creative defensive minds are going to drool over Simmons.  I will not be 
shocked if he flies up draft boards.  I'm hoping he's around at #11 and someone below us pays 
a ransom to move up

On 1/16/2020 at 5:39 PM, PepPep said:

That’s why I keep saying one of the top 3 OTs will fall to us at 11