Darnold..Best in his Class

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Obviously, the Ravens didn’t play in the wildcard against the Chargers this year and Flacco was traded to Denver but Jackson  still played in that game and shows a pattern in the playoffs. Being the “best” player in the regular season just to lose as soon as you get to the playoffs is useless. 

Only a Jets fans would say this. 

?

I'm good with this convo now, I've heard enough. lol. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And to think, we didnt even have to trade up to get him! 

We traded away two 2nd round picks for a bottom 5 QB. 

Go figure. :-) 

We could have traded DOWN to get Lamar. Then again, knowing the Jets they'd probably put him at RB. 

The Jets shouldn’t of traded away two picks for Darnold in hindsight but at the time it was the smart thing to do. 
If he’s durable enough he’d be a great RB, PR or slot receiver. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

That they can't  contain a QB that can run like he does, same as most of the NFL.

Exactly. The problem with fans is that they expect everyone to be a cookie cutout. 

Lamar Jackson isnt a pocket passer, he's a dual threat QB. He uses his legs to compromise the defense. He does it very efficiently, meaning that he doesnt run out a clean pocket because he's a Kordell Stewart QB. He's a QB with a devastating physical talent running as well. 

How he wins is irrelevant when at the end of the day it's about wins and losses. 

We can get the next Dan Marino come into the league and then folks would say that you need a guy who's mobile enough to get away from pass rushers, even though he's probably a definitive passer of the football. 

Lamar Jackson is a cheat code. Instead of folks trying to discredit a guy who has established himself as an MVP after starting just 23 games to his career, I think it's cool to just celebrate a guy who's been defying the odds since high school. 

Dude was told that he was a WR/RB in college, he won the Heisman. He was told that he was a WR/RB in the pros and that he was a moron for not running the 40 as well as hiring his mom as his agent. He ended up being a 1st round pick with his mom as his agent, kept that 5% payment within the family, and became MVP of the league in his 2nd season while earning 2 consecutive playoff appearances. 

Folks who are quick to talk about the Chargers game last year are quick to forget that the Ravens was 4-5 when Lamar was named the starter, and they went 6-1 with him as a starter, earning a playoff spot with a 10-6 record. His 2nd season they go 14-2 and he's about to be awarded MVP. 

Stuff like that I celebrate. To find ways to hate on that in order to boost another QB who isnt up to snuff at this point is just lame. 

Guys like Lamar make the game exciting and it keeps every single game looking the exact same. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And that is totally wrong, Vick was a better passer.

Both of their games are set up by their legs and ability to take off and run.  

Both are QBs who's best work, biggest damage happens when the play breaks down.

Facts don’t agree

in 15 years Vick never had higher than 62% completion percentage and his most TD passes in a season ever was 22

Last season Jackson threw for 66% and 36 tds

So yes Jackson is already a better passer than Vick ever was.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Jets shouldn’t of traded away two picks for Darnold in hindsight but at the time it was the smart thing to do. 
If he’s durable enough he’d be a great RB, PR or slot receiver. 

The Jets needed to do whatever they needed to do to get Darnold. 

Darnold wasnt my #1 guy, but he was worth the trade, even at his current status as a bottom 5 QB. He's bottom 5 because this team as a whole is bottom 3. 

If Mahomes ended up being MVP he would also deserve it. All im saying is that I like guys who defy odds. Very few folks believed in Lamar. Josh Allen and Josh Rosen were both drafted in the top 10. How disrespectful is that? 

It worked out for him though. Sometimes being able to meet your potential is not being drafted by bad teams. 

Could you imagine if Sam Darnold played for a competent franchise? He sure as hell wouldnt be a bottom 5 QB statistically. With that said though, Lamar is ballin' and im rooting for the young man. 

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Facts don’t agree

in 15 years Vick never had higher than 62% completion percentage and his most TD passes in a season ever was 22

Exactly. 

Folks keep trying to place Lamar in that "RB playing a QB" box. 

Is his the most accurate of passers? Not at all. 

The dude went from completing 58% in the half year he played in rookie season to 66% in his first full season. 

Seriously, Sam Darnold better end up being a bonafide legend, given the amount of craziness folks are willing to go to place Sam in high regard. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Still clinging to 2018 like defenses didn’t figure Baker out

Ladies and Gentlemen...yet another example of folks who swear that I bring up Baker in every thread, yet they bring up Baker in every thread. 

No one has even mentioned him Phil, until you entered the room. We're 4 pages in bro. 

With that said, you got it Backwards Phil. It was Mick that mentioned 2018's playoff and I told him that it was the wrong year. 

You try waaaaay too hard bro. You do. 

I don’t believe in a long term version of Lamar Jackson even without this silly thread.

i guess my point is...this thread screams insecurity. Anyone who still think Lamar will have trouble throwing and is a limited passer in some regards would of thought that without a thread pumping Darnold up.

Darnpld still is my #1 but...not because of this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. The problem with fans is that they expect everyone to be a cookie cutout. 

Lamar Jackson isnt a pocket passer, he's a dual threat QB. He uses his legs to compromise the defense. He does it very efficiently, meaning that he doesnt run out a clean pocket because he's a Kordell Stewart QB. He's a QB with a devastating physical talent running as well. 

How he wins is irrelevant when at the end of the day it's about wins and losses. 

We can get the next Dan Marino come into the league and then folks would say that you need a guy who's mobile enough to get away from pass rushers, even though he's probably a definitive passer of the football. 

Lamar Jackson is a cheat code. Instead of folks trying to discredit a guy who has established himself as an MVP after starting just 23 games to his career, I think it's cool to just celebrate a guy who's been defying the odds since high school. 

Dude was told that he was a WR/RB in college, he won the Heisman. He was told that he was a WR/RB in the pros and that he was a moron for not running the 40 as well as hiring his mom as his agent. He ended up being a 1st round pick with his mom as his agent, kept that 5% payment within the family, and became MVP of the league in his 2nd season while earning 2 consecutive playoff appearances. 

Folks who are quick to talk about the Chargers game last year are quick to forget that the Ravens was 4-5 when Lamar was named the starter, and they went 6-1 with him as a starter, earning a playoff spot with a 10-6 record. His 2nd season they go 14-2 and he's about to be awarded MVP. 

Stuff like that I celebrate. To find ways to hate on that in order to boost another QB who isnt up to snuff at this point is just lame. 

Guys like Lamar make the game exciting and it keeps every single game looking the exact same. 

Ok, so basically you are celebrating  that as a QB, the guy runs like Gale Sayers. I was commenting  on his inability  to hit stationary  targets passing without anyone chasing him. I never said he wasn't  a winner, i never said he was a bad QB considering the total package as you feel you need to do to defend how inaccurate  he was at that skills competition,  I just said that should be easy for an NFL passer. Maybe if the targets tracked the ball and ran under it like a real WR does, he would have done better. 

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Facts don’t agree

I could care less what the number say.  One youre comparing a 15 year career as a QB who was more of a passer, on teams never as good or complete as LJs who has played for all of what, a year and a half?

Anyone who watched Vick pass and thinks he didn't throw as well a LJ need to clean those glasses.  Better arm, by far, more accurate and actually threw spirals a majority of the time.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t believe in a long term version of Lamar Jackson even without this silly thread.

i guess my point is...this thread screams insecurity. Anyone who still think Lamar will have trouble throwing and is a limited passer in some regards would of thought that without a thread pumping Darnold up.

Darnpld still is my #1 but...not because of this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Could you imagine if Sam Darnold played for a competent franchise? He sure as hell would be a bottom 5 QB statistically. With that said though, Lamar is ballin' and im rooting for the young man. 

Can I be honest for a second without sounding like a huge blind Darnold homer? If Darnold goes to KC and sits a year under Andy, I truthfully believe he has a similar outcome as Pat. Maybe not 50 TD’s in year 2 but I really really believe he looks like a star off the bat.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Folks keep trying to place Lamar in that "RB playing a QB" box. 

Probably because that's exactly what he is.

If the Ravens lost their top of the league running game he wouldn't finish anywhere near MVP level play

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, so basically you are celebrating  that as a QB, the guy runs like Gale Sayers. I was commenting  on his inability  to hit stationary  targets passing without anyone chasing him. I never said he wasn't  a winner, i never said he was a bad QB considering the total package as you feel you need to do to defend how inaccurate  he was at that skills competition,  I just said that should be easy for an NFL passer. Maybe if the targets tracked the ball and ran under it like a real WR does, he would have done better. 

And im saying that WR's arent stationary. The argument is ridiculous, "to me". 

He runs like Gale Sayers, and can complete 66% of his passes and lead the league in TD passes. The league should be ashamed of themselves if that's the case. So it's clear that there's more that can encompass the QB position than what folks think. 

The position isnt cookie-cutout. Lamar is showing that. 

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Insecurity?  Not at all.

Lots of people think Lamar would have trouble throwing and is a limited passer because its exactly what he is.  A limited passer who becomes a better passer because of the threat of the run and having to split coverages between the two.  Not just his running but the running ability of the team.  

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Can I be honest for a second without sounding like a huge blind Darnold homer? If Darnold goes to KC and sits a year under Andy, I truthfully believe he has a similar outcome as Pat. Maybe not 50 TD’s in year 2 but I really really believe he looks like a star off the bat.

I agree. There was a typo that I fixed. I meant to say that if Darnold went to a competent franchise he "Wouldnt" be a bottom 5 QB statistically. 

If Lamar was a Jet folks would be pissed that we drafted a RB. He goes to the Ravens and is an MVP of the league. Franchises can ruing talent. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. There was a typo that I fixed. I meant to say that if Darnold went to a competent franchise he "Wouldnt" be a bottom 5 QB statistically. 

If Lamar was a Jet folks would be pissed that we drafted a RB. He goes to the Ravens and is an MVP of the league. Franchises can ruing talent. 

Agreed. It’s like someone here put.. a QB is usually only as good as his situation. Most guys are talented enough to succeed but do not because of the odds stacked against them from an organizational standpoint. Baker and Darnold being big examples. I believe there is talent there to outlast Gase and come out good in the end.

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

As of today, Darnold is debatably the 2nd worst in his class.

Only Rosen is a clear-cut "worse" so far.

As of today, Darnold is debatably the 2nd BEST in his class.

ONLY LJ is a clear-cut "better" so far.

You see this is what I'm talking about. You always make these posts where you must think you're somehow EDUCATING us? Or at least that's how it comes across. It's rather arrogant of you. You are not any smarter than the rest of us. Probably smarter than many, but certainly not as others that post on this board and may I suggest not as smart as you think?

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Jets needed to do whatever they needed to do to get Darnold. 

Darnold wasnt my #1 guy, but he was worth the trade, even at his current status as a bottom 5 QB. He's bottom 5 because this team as a whole is bottom 3. 

If Mahomes ended up being MVP he would also deserve it. All im saying is that I like guys who defy odds. Very few folks believed in Lamar. Josh Allen and Josh Rosen were both drafted in the top 10. How disrespectful is that? 

It worked out for him though. Sometimes being able to meet your potential is not being drafted by bad teams. 

Could you imagine if Sam Darnold played for a competent franchise? He sure as hell wouldnt be a bottom 5 QB statistically. With that said though, Lamar is ballin' and im rooting for the young man. 

I don’t care what Jackson does unless he’s playing the Jets or a team that will effect the Jets. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

You see this is what I'm talking about. You always make these posts where you must think you're somehow EDUCATING us? Or at least that's how it comes across. It's rather arrogant of you. You are not any smarter than the rest of us. Probably smarter than many, but certainly not as others that post on this board and may I suggest not as smart as you think?

Warfish post didnt come across like that to me. He made a statement that was accurate. It's indeed debatable. 

However, I see what the problem is. Warfish came from a position him being the 2nd worst, and you took offense. 

How do I know? Because in your response you put in all caps 2nd "BEST". 

It wasnt how Warfish said it, it's the fact that he didnt jump on Sam's d__k that rubbed you the wrong way. 

lol. Leave Warfish alone. 

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Insecurity?  Not at all.

Lots of people think Lamar would have trouble throwing and is a limited passer because its exactly what he is.  A limited passer who becomes a better passer because of the threat of the run and having to split coverages between the two.  Not just his running but the running ability of the team.  

I’m one of those people..but I probably wouldn’t make a thread with the title Best In His Class..Sam Darnold to start that point off lol.

kind of gives the agenda away from the jump being that Darnold doesn’t really have anything to do with the isolated fact Lamar cannot throw outside the hashes.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

One thing you better learn about Warfish... he ain’t showering praise on a QB unless the player produces real production that stands amongst the top NFL standard for QB’s.

and you know what? There’s nothing wrong with that.

I love Darnold’s potential and I see a ton of talent..for Warfish..that means nothing without the production attached to it. Warfish is just a very straight forward thinker. If it ain’t there yet, the praise and acknowledgement isn’t either..and again, that is okay.

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And im saying that WR's arent stationary. The argument is ridiculous, "to me". 

He runs like Gale Sayers, and can complete 66% of his passes and lead the league in TD passes. The league should be ashamed of themselves if that's the case. So it's clear that there's more that can encompass the QB position than what folks think. 

The position isnt cookie-cutout. Lamar is showing that. 

Again, all i was saying is an NFL QB should be able to hit a stationary target. More than twice out of I don't  know, 10 times he threw the ball?

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Last I checked this was a Jets board so every thread is Jets related and the Jets my have to play the Ravens/Jackson so that is also Jets related. 

Then you're confusing me. Do you want to talk about Lamar or not? 

This "I don’t care what Jackson does unless he’s playing the Jets or a team that will effect the Jets" makes no sense when the Jets arent playing and Lamar and the Ravens are no longer in the playoffs, yet you're in the thread. 

Yes this is a Jets board, and you have the right to participate in any thread you want, but what you said contradicts what you're doing. 

Participate in the thread or dont.