Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

We've been voting for two days, what info do we have now?

Exactly.

That's mostly because half the game isn't taking voting seriously.  We can still try to force the King's hand if we really wanted to.  If most of the game is voting one player and the King kills another because he feels like it, well that's still info right there.  

We "ran up" kdels and Drums and they were forced to defend against the pressure.  That's been one of the few times in this game where actual stances were being made, along with perhaps CTM and JiF's slapfight.  

What you're advocating is being reactive rather than proactive.  Rather than trying to force the King's hand you'd rather us sit around holding our d**ks.  It makes no sense to me. 

This may be Kingmaker but its still Mafia and it requires town cooperation.  How else can that take place without votes?  Explain that to me and I'll adjust accordingly.  

36 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's a vettable role but its anti town.

In 2 days we could be at lylo and king could end up being scum because the kingmaker is just guessing 

You the math guy, we lynch town today, scum NK's successfully, where we at tomorrow?  Feel like we're getting too close to Lylo already, no?  Feel like we should be trying to kill scum and not town right now.  IDK. seems sensible to me that killing town right now would put us in a very tough spot.  We need King Crushlove to come through. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CTM said:

I'm not complaining, just dealing with the reality of our situation. What is the point of casing if the king just going to go rogue (not that I did case yesterday)

No one has really given me a hard time about it - I'm the one giving myself the hardest time.

As for your second sentence - while I agree, I didn't really feel like either of those ended up being good options and there was beginning to be frustration that the day phase was going on too long. In retrospect, listing 3 people and getting thoughts on Barry then still voting him regardless (since that's almost certainly what I would have done) would have given us more information and was at least a better play.

As for the math JiF is requestion...

Started at 17, down to 13...I'd expect 4 scum in that setup as the Kingmaker setup could give lynching powers to scum so I don't expect greater than 25% without town being juiced up - which we haven't seen thus far. So 9v4.

Mislynch today and successful NK = 7v4, mislynch tomorrow and successful NK = 5v4. Even with one unsuccessful NK it wouldn't extend the game, we'd need two so unless we're missing a surprise killing role that can do damage to the town we can afford two mislynches.

IF I'm incorrect and we have 5 scum, that does change things...as it would be 8v5 right now and a mislynch + successful NK would put us at lylo tomorrow. Which is possible...I just don't think it's likely.

8 minutes ago, AVM said:

No one has really given me a hard time about it - I'm the one giving myself the hardest time.

As for your second sentence - while I agree, I didn't really feel like either of those ended up being good options and there was beginning to be frustration that the day phase was going on too long. In retrospect, listing 3 people and getting thoughts on Barry then still voting him regardless (since that's almost certainly what I would have done) would have given us more information and was at least a better play.

Not your fault.  @Verbal ruined the game the moment he set it up and @CTM has just continued to ruin it more.  Stupid game. 

Such a shame.  We had a lot of momentum going this season, too.  Now we lost it all.

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

You the math guy, we lynch town today, scum NK's successfully, where we at tomorrow?  Feel like we're getting too close to Lylo already, no?  Feel like we should be trying to kill scum and not town right now.  IDK. seems sensible to me that killing town right now would put us in a very tough spot.  We need King Crushlove to come through. 

There is no cop and town is handicapped by Kingmaker role, even it's other pr's are weak. I can't imagine more than 4 scum. Probably should be less tbh

So that is 13 players,  either 9 vs 4 (3 mislynches till loss) or 10 vs 3 (4 mislynches).

Really if we end up with 2 more dead VT then we can choke them out a bit with a mass claim.  There's basically 4 vettable roles, hero and anarchist have some potential end game benefits but none of it is that strong. If tomorrow is 11 players we could be at 4 vetted town vs 7 unknowns... either 3 or 4 of whom are scum.. so we kill / vote /consolidate from that pool after the anarchist dethrones

1 thought is we get a single VT to fall on their sword here and hope scum hits vt tonight, then tomorrow we mass claim.

Alternatively we mass claim right now, and scum can play chicken with me on killing PR's while we continue to lynch from unknown pool. That would put us at 13 players, 4 vetted, 9 unknown of which 3 or 4 are scum.  This is much better strategy tomorrow but i think doing this today is still 10x better than what yesterday brought us

Kingmaker - townie who can promote 1 player each night to become the only player the next day who's vote counts.

Hero - basically a paranoid gun owner (townie).  If the King tries to lynch the Hero, the village will instead lynch the King.  This is a passive role, so be careful, Kings.

Knight - town Doc, simple as that.  Can block mafia's (Assassins) factional night kill.

Anarchist - 1x per game ability to overthrow the current King and alter the day to a normal majority lynch (like typical mafia games).

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not your fault.  @Verbal ruined the game the moment he set it up and @CTM has just continued to ruin it more.  Stupid game. 

Such a shame.  We had a lot of momentum going this season, too.  Now we lost it all.

Oh yes Nolders approach is so much better, do you even know wtf he's talking about?

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

There is no cop and town is handicapped by Kingmaker role, even it's other pr's are weak. I can't imagine more than 4 scum. Probably should be less tbh

So that is 13 players,  either 9 vs 4 (3 mislynches till loss) or 10 vs 3 (4 mislynches).

Really if we end up with 2 more dead VT then we can choke them out a bit with a mass claim.  There's basically 4 vettable roles, hero and anarchist have some potential end game benefits but none of it is that strong. If tomorrow is 11 players we could be at 4 vetted town vs 7 unknowns... either 4 of 4 of whom are scum.. so we kill / vote /consolidate from that pool after the anarchist dethrones

1 thought is we get a single VT to fall on their sword here and hope scum hits vt tonight, then tomorrow we mass claim.

Alternatively we mass claim right now, and scum can play chicken with me on killing PR's while we continue to lynch from unknown pool. That would put us at 13 players, 4 vetted, 9 unknown of which 3 or 4 are scum.  This is much better strategy tomorrow but i think doing this today is still 10x better than what yesterday brought us

Kingmaker - townie who can promote 1 player each night to become the only player the next day who's vote counts.

Hero - basically a paranoid gun owner (townie).  If the King tries to lynch the Hero, the village will instead lynch the King.  This is a passive role, so be careful, Kings.

Knight - town Doc, simple as that.  Can block mafia's (Assassins) factional night kill.

Anarchist - 1x per game ability to overthrow the current King and alter the day to a normal majority lynch (like typical mafia games).

This is sound.  I'm game for anything right now if it's down to the wire at this point.  

Another thought, especially since I've had my King Crushlove in a scum bucket, maybe we initiate the Anarchist now.  Get this going back to normal for a day since the King set up has been unsuccessful.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How hasn't this role been used yet?  F**kin hell.  

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

best bet is probably mass claim, dethrone his fatness and regular vote to lynch out of pool of unkowns. (or crusher agrees 100% to honor town vote) at which point we do not dethrone

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm down.  

Just now, JiF said:

This is sound.  I'm game for anything right now if it's down to the wire at this point.  

Another thought, especially since I've had my King Crushlove in a scum bucket, maybe we initiate the Anarchist now.  Get this going back to normal for a day since the King set up has been unsuccessful.

a CTM/80/JIF union to victory?!?!?!!?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

Really if we end up with 2 more dead VT then we can choke them out a bit with a mass claim.  There's basically 4 vettable roles, hero and anarchist have some potential end game benefits but none of it is that strong. If tomorrow is 11 players we could be at 4 vetted town vs 7 unknowns... either 3 or 4 of whom are scum.. so we kill / vote /consolidate from that pool after the anarchist dethrones

3 scum feels just as unlikely. If you count Kingmaker, Hero and Anarchist as a null adjustment for town there's still the doc -- and standard setup is 25% as scum, no?

On 3/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, Verbal said:

11.  Pac - Villager, and backup Kingmaker, nightkilled N1

A little bastard moddy but backup Kingmaker was not listed as a role. I'm down with it, just noting it

I have called for lynching the kingmaker everyday based on the post below from sign up thread. I'm assuming at this point there is no endless supply of backups as the game description at mafia scum indicates there would be but below say "may be A backup"

On 3/16/2020 at 10:28 AM, Verbal said:

There may even be a Backup to the Kingmaker, depending on the size of the game.  Once there is no Kingmaker, the game reverts back to a normal majority lynch.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How hasn't this role been used yet?  F**kin hell.  

Seems far more helpful later in to the game than early on. No problem with doing it now but the odds of doing that D1 when it's overwhelmingly likely you lynch town anyways would have been a poor decision. And prior to JiF requesting and me throwing down two options only one person had even eclipsed 2 votes the entire day -- it wasn't like we were close on D2 either

• Upvote 1

Just now, AVM said:

Seems far more helpful later in to the game than early on. No problem with doing it now but the odds of doing that D1 when it's overwhelmingly likely you lynch town anyways would have been a poor decision. And prior to JiF requesting and me throwing down two options only one person had even eclipsed 2 votes the entire day -- it wasn't like we were close on D2 either

That's because half the game isn't taking voting seriously.  There's been zero town cooperation.  

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

3 scum feels just as unlikely. If you count Kingmaker, Hero and Anarchist as a null adjustment for town there's still the doc -- and standard setup is 25% as scum, no?

YEs however, standard setup would be a cop + doc vs 25% scum

+ i'd argue strongly that Kingmaker is inherently anti town

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

A little bastard moddy but backup Kingmaker was not listed as a role. I'm down with it, just noting it

I have called for lynching the kingmaker everyday based on the post below from sign up thread. I'm assuming at this point there is no endless supply of backups as the game description at mafia scum indicates there would be but below say "may be A backup"

I seem to remember there being a backup last time he ran this setup, too? He's also noted that the game could change which I never took as a one-time thing due to the anarchist but was assuming like you if the KM and backup are gone it's a normal game.

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

^^

@The Crusher   will you 100% commit to honor towns vote with the kill today? Understanding you die tomorrow if not?

@Jetsfan80 -  no reason for the anarchist to do his/her thing if Crusher will honor votes

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

YEs however, standard setup would be a cop + doc vs 25% scum

+ i'd argue strongly that Kingmaker is inherently anti town

I agree on the Kingmaker but the anarchist and hero seem like partial +town roles to offset it -- hence why I counted them all together. Maybe my memory is worse than I think, but I thought it was more cop + doc vs. 25% scum with one PR (roleblocker?). There's also an extra player for town and without extra guns laying around that is more valuable than a "standard" game.

I think I'm talking myself more in to 4 the more we talk about it. I suppose 3 is more likely than 5, but I don't think either is particularly likely.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's because half the game isn't taking voting seriously.  There's been zero town cooperation.  

It appears my chaotic reign may have brought some of us together. So, uh...

You're welcome

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AVM said:

I think I'm talking myself more in to 4 the more we talk about it. I suppose 3 is more likely than 5, but I don't think either is particularly likely.

I agree 4 is probably most likely, 3 is possible but 5 would be almost broken game unless there are other mechanics I don't know about

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GATA said:

Alright so how would you go about it.

say I’m the king right now but I mislynch. Should I get lynched immediately? 

I think you should be allowed to explain but you should be lynched anyway. Allows you to provide the remaining with logic and understanding to use later on if the kingmaker dies. If the kingmaker does not die, then the kingmaker has more info to make his decisions. He/she is a town who should be thoughtful in his/her choices.