Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Still trying to kill the kingmaker huh? Fine **** it turn it into mafia idc.

@Verbal thanks for running this it was interesting while it lasted but it's obvious this is not a crowd that appreciates this varient.

...we're using a mechanic he built in to his game, what is with all the outrage from you all game dude?

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

How would we vet who is being truthful or not? Just because you go first doesn’t make you a liar or truth teller. Also the hero role is better off hidden especially as the number reaches parity and scum king becomes more likely. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The JN unwritten rule in Mafia is to always lynch the player who gets countered, not the one who is countering.

Hero role is not nearly as important as the Knight (Doc).  There'd be no reason for the "real Hero" to remain hidden at this point.

Your inclusion of me on your scum list was either you skimming OR trying to backfill non-sensical reasons for why I shouldn't have revealed during a mass reveal.  

And fake claiming hero - whether you or someone else - would result in less for scum now than without the anarchist power. Worst case now we kill the hero then the King kills the fake hero the next day. Worst case during the "Kingmaker" mode we lose the King - who could have previously been a town PR at the same time.

The one down side is that scum, if they get the King role, now wont choose you and end up lynched themselves...but in reality you likely claim before it gets to that point anyways, so I'm not sure it changes anything

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

...we're using a mechanic he built in to his game, what is with all the outrage from you all game dude?

And fake claiming hero - whether you or someone else - would result in less for scum now than without the anarchist power. Worst case now we kill the hero then the King kills the fake hero the next day. Worst case during the "Kingmaker" mode we lose the King - who could have previously been a town PR at the same time.

The one down side is that scum, if they get the King role, now wont choose you and end up lynched themselves...but in reality you likely claim before it gets to that point anyways, so I'm not sure it changes anything

Yeah that’s my concern involving the claims. Even a fake claim now is bad news especially if there is a scum king. Essentially 3 dead town for 1 dead scum assuming the kingmaker lives and picks a town king 2 day parts from now and the cycle is broken. It seems far off but it could happen quickly and be disastrous for town.

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

Would really like to hear an explanation for Kdels having 80 as scum, yes

I though I answered. And I’m not really on the 80 thing. I didn’t like the way the reveal went and missed why the reveal would be taken at face value. I really like how 80 responded and I’m backing off. 

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

And that nonsense of the Kings lynching the previous king ??‍♀️

In an ideal way to play this game, it would force town Kings to be thorough in their casing and Scum kings would be unable to manipulate the game. The numbers would favor town and we’d avoid strong disinformation and misleads. 

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Already?

Well, ok that's fine. Is he at L-1 or something? You want me to unvote?

You always do this lately.  Every game you refuse to track with what's going on.  Here's the VC, posted just 1 hour ago.  

Vote Count

Kdels (3) - Leelou, GATA, CTM

AVM (2) - Crusher, Nolder

GATA (1) - Kdels

Greece (1) - 80

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You always do this lately.  Every game you refuse to track what's going on. 

I'm not going to speak to other games but right now I just woke up.

Do you know when I technically went to bed? When I was talking to CTM last night. Everything between then and now I need to catch up on. The only reason I posted between then and now is because I'm a freak and I wake up a million times while I sleep and instead of just going back to bed I do things like check Mafia games. I kind of thought it would be appreciated since, you know, if I had just waited until right now you still wouldn't have my role claim. But I guess not.

Oh and the thing that makes it hard is I'm checking the game on mobile so I can't easily read a bunch of pages or make long posts I do that on my computer but unless I have really bad insomnia or something I don't check the computer I just do mobile for 15-20 mins and then go back to bed like I should be doing when I first wake up and not 20 mins later.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

In an ideal way to play this game, it would force town Kings to be thorough in their casing and Scum kings would be unable to manipulate the game. The numbers would favor town and we’d avoid strong disinformation and misleads. 

But let’s say the king is a town role, you’d want them to still be lynched?? 

Anyway AVM is nowhere near being lynched so why is Leelou tagging me about it? Just because I didn't know it was a real vote? Well I mean it kind of was a real vote even if I didn't know it was being counted.

So I guess this means you guys found and killed the kingmaker huh? Boooooring. Oh well next game I'm running the show and it should be pretty fun I think.

Just now, Nolder said:

Anyway AVM is nowhere near being lynched so why is Leelou tagging me about it? Just because I didn't know it was a real vote? Well I mean it kind of was a real vote even if I didn't know it was being counted.

So I guess this means you guys found and killed the kingmaker huh? Boooooring. Oh well next game I'm running the show and it should be pretty fun I think.

Catch up. Then post.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

No, the Kingmaker has not revealed.  I listed the reveals as well previously.  Here they are again.  

Claims:

• Kingmaker:  ???
  • Backup Kingmaker:  Pac (dead)
  • Hero:  80 
  • Knight:  CTM 
  • 1x Anarchist:  Leelou (ability used)
  • Villager (8-): AVM, Stark, kdels, Crusher, Drums, GATA, JiF, Nolder
  • Dead Villagers (3):  Barry, Spoot, Jvill

Living players not yet claimed (2-):  Greece, Nyn

1 minute ago, GATA said:

@greece666 @Drums @Stark @Nynaeve @JiF @AVM

Regular VT now no need to not vote 

We also have a mass reveal

Confirming 3 out of 4 town confirmed roles

I'm definitely voting today. I could vote kdels but I want to read back a little first when I get some time in a bit. I feel good about Jif as town at the moment and Stark has similar reads to me so I guess that might make him trending town for me. AVM I am not sure about yet. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No, the Kingmaker has not revealed.  I listed the reveals as well previously.  Here they are again.  

Claims:

• Kingmaker:  ???
  • Backup Kingmaker:  Pac (dead)
  • Hero:  80 
  • Knight:  CTM 
  • 1x Anarchist:  Leelou (ability used)
  • Villager (8-): AVM, Stark, kdels, Crusher, Drums, GATA, JiF, Nolder
  • Dead Villagers (3):  Barry, Spoot, Jvill

Living players not yet claimed (2-):  Greece, Nyn

I would ask a follow up but it's like pulling teeth with you people. Guess I'll go read be back in an hour or so.

9 minutes ago, Leelou said:

But let’s say the king is a town role, you’d want them to still be lynched?? 

In the early game when the numbers are heavily in favor of town. Yes. It’s a good trade off. The only deflector would be a king so good at finding scum that he can prove it’s not luck. Even then, the odds work in favor of a dead king. 

Alternatively, Right now we’re at 4 town deaths for 0 scum kills and will likely end up at 6 before a single scum lynch. Add in an assassin kill and we might be at 7 town deaths before a single scum kill. If the kingmaker is still alive he’ll have almost even odds to pick a scum king or a town king. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nyn, Greece, Kdels.  Probably the pool I'd like to lynch from today.  

I dont do dumb sh*t in games like mass reveals early in the game.

Lynch away. I dont want to win with this town anyhow.

Oh we suck so lets all just reveal all the roles to scum cause we're useless... weeeeee!

• Post of the Week 1