Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

11 hours ago, CTM said:

It's day 3 and I don't know what we've learned. No trains to analyze, nobody forced to make decisions or momentum votes. Nothing nada zilch, kaput.

Plus, at end game, the king could end up making scum king

Kill the king maker 

kings can't be trusted, 

10 hours ago, Nolder said:

wtf

Am I taking crazy pills or did I **** up when I read the rules?

Kingmaker is a TOWN ROLE!

I've never played this type of game either Nolder.  kingmaker is a role, but if the kingmaker isn't reading the game well they could be handing Mafia 2 kills a day.

10 hours ago, Nolder said:

I mean....that's an argument at least. 

I think it's a sh*tty one but I can at least understand the logic behind it.

its not horrible

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

We've been voting for two days, what info do we have now?

Exactly.

This isn't Mafia, it's Kingmaker.

You guys need to stop treating it like it's Mafia or we will definitely lose.

when the king(s) are voting around the majority... ok, @AVM, whom I have a town lean on, mostly because of Deckers start to the game, asked town to vote between 2 people, then voted barry. what are we really gaining there. In this case Barry was the 2nd option that Leelou presented

Kings ego's or agenda trumps the towns "votes" 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Advocating to kill the Kingmaker, a town "power role" on D4 is moronic.  Seriously.  

How about we do this right this time.  Let the King give his top 3, we debate it, he chooses, explains why and if he pulls an AVM, we kill him tomorrow. 

i dunno. this sounds off coming from you. Do you trust your ability to find scum more than a "king" - I agree we should be voting off rogue king (problem with this is AVM i am leaning town on - so do i just vote a town lean because), but the fact that the king could have made a last second decision based on something they interpreted as scum/scummy is part of the game. The question is would king JiF go with his list if near the end of deadline someone "pings" would you then make a new list or just vote them off?

IIRC @Leelou said she'd vote between barry and spoot. bye bye spoot

AVM - kdels and drums.... later Barry.

Lee's options were both townies D1 toughest spot to be king... 

Basically i am not hating CTM's idea to get this thing back to standard mafia its a risk and town would have to be clutch AF based on the numbers. The thing is its a waste of time to kill the kingmaker based on the numbers. 

@The Crusher what's your list of options look like, sir

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m still in the office so I’m off and on till tonight. Yes, 

Ok crusher will honor vote count

I propose kingmaker, anarchist and hero all claim.

And we restrict our vote pool to the 9 remaining players, working to achieve a standard majority.

Crusher kills on majority, if he doesn't we kill him tomorrow (which would be super douche to do if he's town lol)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think you should be allowed to explain but you should be lynched anyway. Allows you to provide the remaining with logic and understanding to use later on if the kingmaker dies. If the kingmaker does not die, then the kingmaker has more info to make his decisions. He/she is a town who should be thoughtful in his/her choices.

So you’re saying kill @Leelou or @AVM

I'm not caught up but I'm waiting to hear Crusher's thoughts. I would like to play the game so we can actually play the game but really I think it is up to the King to make that happen. I'll catch up when I have time today.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think you should be allowed to explain but you should be lynched anyway. Allows you to provide the remaining with logic and understanding to use later on if the kingmaker dies. If the kingmaker does not die, then the kingmaker has more info to make his decisions. He/she is a town who should be thoughtful in his/her choices.

Maybe I am not understanding properly but I don't think the "Kill the previous King" makes much sense. I get that we will get a little info but I look at it like this:  the King gets elected, and right away they know that they will be killed the next day. So why would they want to kill the king before them if they knew their fate? Sure it happens in history but..

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Maybe I am not understanding properly but I don't think the "Kill the previous King" makes much sense. I get that we will get a little info but I look at it like this:  the King gets elected, and right away they know that they will be killed the next day. So why would they want to kill the king before them if they knew their fate? Sure it happens in history but..

This line is golden 

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

And not or.

But since we didn’t come to a consensus on this plan then it’s wrong to apply the plan retroactively. A town king would behave differently if the plan has been agreed upon two days ago. 

You seem eager to accuse.

What, why? 

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

And not or.

But since we didn’t come to a consensus on this plan then it’s wrong to apply the plan retroactively. A town king would behave differently if the plan has been agreed upon two days ago. 

You seem eager to accuse.

You literally tell me my approach to wanting to read into votes is wrong I ask you what should we do so I can try to understand your logic. Now I’m too eager to accuse 

So read into votes scum approach 

call you out on it scum approach 

try to comprehend you scum approach 

well then let’s not vote and go with Nolder’s wooing the king thing let’s see how much info town gets 

Anarchy!  Chaos!  Mob rule!

These are the things the Anarchist stands for.  Why have 1 person make the decisions when the whole is so much better?  Let the mob decide!

The Anarchist has activated their ability - today's lynch is a standard mafia majority rule.  Vote count is reset, and there is no King for today.  Crusher has been overthrown!

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Stark said:

kings can't be trusted, 

I've never played this type of game either Nolder.  kingmaker is a role, but if the kingmaker isn't reading the game well they could be handing Mafia 2 kills a day.

its not horrible

when the king(s) are voting around the majority... ok, @AVM, whom I have a town lean on, mostly because of Deckers start to the game, asked town to vote between 2 people, then voted barry. what are we really gaining there. In this case Barry was the 2nd option that Leelou presented

i dunno. this sounds off coming from you. Do you trust your ability to find scum more than a "king" - I agree we should be voting off rogue king (problem with this is AVM i am leaning town on - so do i just vote a town lean because), but the fact that the king could have made a last second decision based on something they interpreted as scum/scummy is part of the game. The question is would king JiF go with his list if near the end of deadline someone "pings" would you then make a new list or just vote them off?

Basically i am not hating CTM's idea to get this thing back to standard mafia its a risk and town would have to be clutch AF based on the numbers. The thing is its a waste of time to kill the kingmaker based on the numbers. 

I dont even trust the King.  Crush has been pinging for me all game, so what choice do I have?  My 2nd choice would be Gata.  I can push her lynch but if Crush aint feeling her, what's the point?  So, give me options or let's go back to regular mafia.

As for AVM, I would have shot Barry too.  Not sure what it means about AVM but in that situation, it aligned to my reads and I missed but I'm not going to apologize, Barry hit my favorite tell and couldnt follow a simple explanation. 

Just now, JiF said:

I dont even trust the King.  Crush has been pinging for me all game, so what choice do I have?  My 2nd choice would be Gata.  I can push her lynch but if Crush aint feeling her, what's the point?  So, give me options or let's go back to regular mafia.

As for AVM, I would have shot Barry too.  Not sure what it means about AVM but in that situation, it aligned to my reads and I missed but I'm not going to apologize, Barry hit my favorite tell and couldnt follow a simple explanation. 

You can vote today, look at Verb’s post.

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

Because when we don’t have real info and votes are irrelevant, we can create relevance by forcing a king to choose wisely. And leave real info regarding his/ her decision. We eliminate the speculation that’s providing no useable info. Also it’s a numbers game. Town wants to win. This game type with its irrelevant voting is reliant on 1) the king and 2) the kingmaker. Since finding the kingmaker is a futile exercise. Eliminating the king each round will allow town Kings to provide real info and speculation and allow scum Kings’ speculation to be thrown out. 

If this was all agreed to then we could go about it methodically and stumble upon scum. The numbers game would work in town favor. Going for individual glory and hero shots is how town will lose as long as the kingmaker rules are in play. 

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

These are the things the Anarchist stands for.  Why have 1 person make the decisions when the whole is so much better?  Let the mob decide!

The Anarchist has activated their ability - today's lynch is a standard mafia majority rule.  Vote count is reset, and there is no King for today.  Crusher has been overthrown!

oh good grief.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Because when we don’t have real info and votes are irrelevant, we can create relevance by forcing a king to choose wisely. And leave real info regarding his/ her decision. We eliminate the speculation that’s providing no useable info. Also it’s a numbers game. Town wants to win. This game type with its irrelevant voting is reliant on 1) the king and 2) the kingmaker. Since finding the kingmaker is a futile exercise. Eliminating the king each round will allow town Kings to provide real info and speculation and allow scum Kings’ speculation to be thrown out. 

If this was all agreed to then we could go about it methodically and stumble upon scum. The numbers game would work in town favor. Going for individual glory and hero shots is how town will lose as long as the kingmaker rules are in play. 

There isn’t any real info because people haven’t been taking the game seriously. Voting for previous Kings won’t solve anything unless you think they were scum.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

You can vote today, look at Verb’s post.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

game just flipped to normal... votes count...

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Nice!  Thank you

Just now, JiF said:

what, why?  lol.  Isnt this what we wanted?  I do think we should mass reveal now though.

All the remaining roles are roles we can vet.  Let you play the night game with scum. 

Crusher said he'd honor the vote count.

+ there's been no reveal

3 minutes ago, Leelou said:

There isn’t any real info because people haven’t been taking the game seriously. Voting for previous Kings won’t solve anything unless you think they were scum.

You can’t make people take the game seriously but you can be methodical and take the choice out of the will of one person. 

Also I was describing how I would want this kingmaker game to be played in order to benefit town the most. It didn’t happen and we’re dealing with the consequences now.

49 minutes ago, Stark said:

kings can't be trusted, 

its not horrible

Im in the clinic seeing patients, not at home. I’m luckily busy today. I’ll get in while I can. I could Lynch AVM or Kdels, JiF

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Really? Thar stupid, I V says I would Lynch the majority. Whatever. 

Vote AVM

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Im in the clinic seeing patients, not at home. I’m luckily busy today. I’ll get in while I can. I could Lynch AVM or Kdels, JiF

understand.....

you want to lynch one of those 3 you will have to provide a solid case because you've been overthrown, you are now a peasant 

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You can’t make people take the game seriously but you can be methodical and take the choice out of the will of one person. 

Also I was describing how I would want this kingmaker game to be played in order to benefit town the most. It didn’t happen and we’re dealing with the consequences now.

I still don’t see how that would make sense, so every day you’d basically expect the king to kill the previous king?