Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over, Scum Win!

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Vote kdels

most informative lynch probably

Probably.  Still want to apply some pressure to Greece at the moment. 

Especially since The Greek Gringo is one of just 3 who hasn't claimed yet.  Among the other 2, one is busy and the other is napping.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's whatever at this point.  But the Anarchist definitely needs to reveal now.

The "scum might kill off a power role" aspect is moot.  CTM is outed and he's the top PR.  The rest of the PR's are meaningless.  Mass reveal is all that makes sense to try to corner scum.  

I don’t not agree with you. But I would like clarity on if an anarchist becomes town after the 1x use. If that’s not the case and anarchist can be town or scum I think that’s helpful.

A town anarchist should use the ability to take power from a suspected scum King if the goal is for town to win. 

Again that’s just ideally how this game should work. 

Just now, Verbal said:

The Anarchist is a town role.

Thank you. So I’m leaning scum on Gata, 80 and Crusher and AVM.

I don’t like Greece666 and his lack of involvement but I can’t make a judgment there.

JiF’s game is still weird but the game type might be affecting him so I’m unsure.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Thank you. So I’m leaning scum on Gata, 80 and Crusher and AVM.

I don’t like Greece666 and his lack of involvement but I can’t make a judgment there.

JiF’s game is still weird but the game type might be affecting him so I’m unsure.

I have 80 as town as of D2. Why the scum lean? 

Not sure about GATA yet (had a scum lean on her but I have to reread so that can change). 

By D3, there is very little reason why anyone should be inactive to the extent of Greece. I get Nym is busy which I understand and am flexing patience with that one but Greece kinda pisses me off. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Drums said:

I have 80 as town as of D2. Why the scum lean? 

Not sure about GATA yet (had a scum lean on her but I have to reread so that can change). 

By D3, there is very little reason why anyone should be inactive to the extent of Greece. I get Nym is busy which I understand and am flexing patience with that one but Greece kinda pisses me off. 

80's is residual from how things went early. I do like idea of power roles outing themselves (in this game type, in a vacuum). But right now with the game so cloudy and after so many layers of bad info, encouraging the outing and the (assumed) eventual death of the kingmaker puts scum at an advantage. I can't think of there being a worse moment for this. Guys like CTM and Nolder seem checked out on the game type and them wanting a return to normalcy makes sense. 80' s reasoning is more obscure. 

But yeah if we're willing to all go in on Greece, I'm down for that. The inactivity isn't helping at all. 

I'm good with dying also if it will help. However, we'll be down 6 town's people by the end of day 3 if we go down that path. The numbers advantage  almost entirely gone. If the kingmaker survives then there's almost equal odds scum and town King. 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What you're advocating is being reactive rather than proactive.  Rather than trying to force the King's hand you'd rather us sit around holding our d**ks.  It makes no sense to me. 

This may be Kingmaker but its still Mafia and it requires town cooperation.  How else can that take place without votes?  Explain that to me and I'll adjust accordingly.  

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm not arguing being passive or reactive I'm just saying the voting is kind of dumb. Speaking of which I was thinking about it before I went to sleep and even though AVM is mr chaos going totally rogue like that after wasting towns time was kind of scummy. I know this is important to you 80 so here ya go.

vote AVM 

8 minutes ago, Nolder said:

80 why tf you keep pinging me? I'm ******* sleeping.

I better be dead and you're posting funny pikachus or some sh*t.

We are mass revealing and need your reveal you lazy f**k. 

Tell us your role then go back to sleep and let the rest of us figure this one out.  

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

80's is residual from how things went early. I do like idea of power roles outing themselves (in this game type, in a vacuum). But right now with the game so cloudy and after so many layers of bad info, encouraging the outing and the (assumed) eventual death of the kingmaker puts scum at an advantage. I can't think of there being a worse moment for this. Guys like CTM and Nolder seem checked out on the game type and them wanting a return to normalcy makes sense. 80' s reasoning is more obscure. 

But yeah if we're willing to all go in on Greece, I'm down for that. The inactivity isn't helping at all. 

I'm good with dying also if it will help. However, we'll be down 6 town's people by the end of day 3 if we go down that path. The numbers advantage  almost entirely gone. If the kingmaker survives then there's almost equal odds scum and town King. 

I feel like the bold slides you out of my scum pile and into, at least, the black (blue being town). 

The one question I have is, you keep saying bad info bad info but isn't that typical in mafia D1/D2, especially when we haven't lynched any scum? We were blessed last game with a scum lynch on D1 that was f-n awesome.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We are mass revealing and need your reveal you lazy f**k. 

Tell us your role then go back to sleep and let the rest of us figure this one out.  

Still trying to kill the kingmaker huh? Fine **** it turn it into mafia idc.

@Verbal thanks for running this it was interesting while it lasted but it's obvious this is not a crowd that appreciates this varient.

Still trying to confirm, but I've read that if you lynch the kingmaker, a random villager is then appointed. So yeah PAC was the backup but there might be another backup. I think that is just a poor excuse to lynch town. Too bad we couldn't just overthrow the king every day.

19 minutes ago, Drums said:

I feel like the bold slides you out of my scum pile and into, at least, the black (blue being town). 

The one question I have is, you keep saying bad info bad info but isn't that typical in mafia D1/D2, especially when we haven't lynched any scum? We were blessed last game with a scum lynch on D1 that was f-n awesome.

It's only useful info if the kingmaker is killed. However, the closer we get to even numbers the more dangerous killing the kingmaker is because the only recourse for a counter against scum becomes a lucky or incredibly skilled king. It sucks we're in a bad spot. If killing me leads to 3 scum deaths that awesome. I hope there's enough info for that. 

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm the uncountered Town Hero mother f**ker.  

I don't see a point in anyone counterclaiming this. There are no active trains except me. The true hero could remain underground with no reason to expose himself, especially with this turn being kingless and the power being moot. I'm skeptical but definitely not skeptical enough to vote for you. 

I don't see a point in anyone counterclaiming this. There are no active trains except me. The true hero could remain underground with no reason to expose himself, especially with this turn being kingless and the power being moot. I'm skeptical but definitely not skeptical enough to vote for you. 

Why WOULDN'T someone counterclaim?  That would mean I;d be lying scum.  Given the way town has been leveled lately, a scum lynch would be very helpful right now.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why WOULDN'T someone counterclaim?  That would mean I;d be lying scum.  Given the way town has been leveled lately, a scum lynch would be very helpful right now.  

How would we vet who is being truthful or not? Just because you go first doesn’t make you a liar or truth teller. Also the hero role is better off hidden especially as the number reaches parity and scum king becomes more likely. 

How would we vet who is being truthful or not? Just because you go first doesn’t make you a liar or truth teller. Also the hero role is better off hidden especially as the number reaches parity and scum king becomes more likely. 

The JN unwritten rule in Mafia is to always lynch the player who gets countered, not the one who is countering.

Hero role is not nearly as important as the Knight (Doc).  There'd be no reason for the "real Hero" to remain hidden at this point.

Your inclusion of me on your scum list was either you skimming OR trying to backfill non-sensical reasons for why I shouldn't have revealed during a mass reveal.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The JN unwritten rule in Mafia is to always lynch the player who gets countered, not the one who is countering.

Hero role is not nearly as important as the Knight (Doc).  There'd be no reason for the "real Hero" to remain hidden at this point.

Your inclusion of me on your scum list was either you skimming OR trying to backfill non-sensical reasons for why I shouldn't have revealed during a mass reveal.  

No, but unwritten rules aren’t always correct. I don’t like the way you played it. And I don’t like the insistence that it is has to be one way especially since not every claim was made. I’m also not voting for you because I don’t think that my reasoning on you is rock solid. I particularly didn’t understand the mass revelation thing so maybe I missed something tonally there that would help me. 

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

No, but unwritten rules aren’t always correct. I don’t like the way you played it. And I don’t like the insistence that it is has to be one way especially since not every claim was made. I’m also not voting for you because I don’t think that my reasoning on you is rock solid. I particularly didn’t understand the mass revelation thing so maybe I missed something tonally there that would help me. 

Mass reveals help box scum into a corner a bit.  Me, CTM, Leelou + Kingmaker get taken off the lynch table provided there's no counter to any of those roles.  

Picking the scummiest among a list of 9 is better than picking from a list of 13.  It's not an ideal scenario at all but the lack of info gained from the first 2 days made this the best call at the moment.

• Upvote 2

Town has 13 ppl left by vetting roles we know who not to lynch therefore, Kingmaker is one of the two tagged. 

In addition 1 of the 2 we should not lynch. 

I'm not voting CTM . 80, Lee 

In the pool of town villagers we have to weed out liars. 

• Kingmaker:  ???
  • Backup Kingmaker:  Pac (dead)
  • Hero:  80 
  • Knight:  CTM 
  • 1x Anarchist:  Leelou (ability used)
  • Villager (8-): AVM, Stark, kdels, Crusher, Drums, GATA, JiF, Nolder
  • Dead Villagers (3):  Barry, Spoot, Jvill

Living players not yet claimed (2-):  @greece666@Nynaeve

46 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Still trying to kill the kingmaker huh? Fine **** it turn it into mafia idc.

@Verbal thanks for running this it was interesting while it lasted but it's obvious this is not a crowd that appreciates this varient.

It’s a normal day, so your vote on AVM is real.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mass reveals help box scum into a corner a bit.  Me, CTM, Leelou + Kingmaker get taken off the lynch table provided there's no counter to any of those roles.  

Picking the scummiest among a list of 9 is better than picking from a list of 13.  It's not an ideal scenario at all but the lack of info gained from the first 2 days made this the best call at the moment.

We’re still in the twilight zone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sounds good to me.