Red Dawn Mafia - Day 6

On 4/1/2020 at 9:53 PM, Drums said:

After reading, my vote is between AJ and 80. If 80 is the symp, I guess it would make more sense to kill him before he can get any info. Sticking with my vote.

JETS is also someone I am keeping my eye on. His back and forth with Leelou caught my attention so I am keeping them on my radar. More JETS but as always I don't trust anyone.

Those are my only reads so far besides Jif is his bodacious self so I think he's town. I feel good about JC right now too. 

Also, this should be interesting with Nolder's sleeping habit. He seems to be on Hawaii's time zone or something. 

This is Drums post before the jif reads

On 4/1/2020 at 12:52 PM, JiF said:

Or just watch me break scum off one by one. 

23 hours ago, JiF said:

AJ, Drums

gut jVille

JiF confident, which is normal. playing as a Symp he has to show his scum hunting ability even though he knows who they are... drums or Jville a good bet...

On 4/1/2020 at 9:20 PM, A.J. said:

Beaver is probably Town.

who next 

Why Beaver town? distancing? 

On 4/1/2020 at 11:43 AM, A.J. said:

In unrelated news:

Vote JETS

JiF could get it as well

On 4/1/2020 at 2:16 PM, A.J. said:

JC is my only town read thus far

lets do better

AJ likes Town.... Beaver JC

his scum... JETS, JiF (AJ didn't know he's symp)

On 4/1/2020 at 9:54 PM, jvill 51 said:

I get the logic behind your JC read, but what are you basing this Beaver read on?

On 4/1/2020 at 10:10 PM, A.J. said:

Being good 

Or just knowing that Beaver is scum? 

On 4/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, A.J. said:

Gun to my head if there’s scum on my wagon it’s AVM. Fourth vote and what not, no explanation so nothing to refute or hold accountable with. Same could he said of Spoot but I liked his point on AVM earlier would say Town possibly.

I know deep down JiF’s ego is just projecting to cover his insecurities, and the Batman shtick is old, but I can’t call it scummy even if it’s an easy meta to hide behind. Worth watching later on regardless.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:34 PM, A.J. said:

Drums or AVM for me today. Even if it means I get lynched.

Unvote

Vote AVM

On 4/1/2020 at 10:36 PM, A.J. said:

Really though. Do I need a better reason? Beaver strikes me as Town. Statistically speaking I’m probably correct.

Calls AVM scum, sort of spoot... then says Drums or AVM...

I need to to re-read around the "Drums or AVM" post to see why he just throws him out there, but reading up... JiF has drums on his "reads list" --- JiF hinting that he knows scum and that he's signaling maybe

is AJ saying Beaver is town as a "i know he's town" and he can help my scum game later?

On 4/1/2020 at 10:39 PM, A.J. said:

Probably bait to see who bites. I don’t see a world where 80 - as scum - plays in such a way to draw this much attention unless he wants to purposefully see who bites. He at least tried to fake the scum hunt in CTM’s game.

Drums is making a show of differentiating between “scum” so to speak and buddying the main drivers of a mislynch wagon while not getting on himself.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:14 AM, Jetscode1 said:

I'm caught up.  A.J., 80, and AVM my top 3 for scum.  

Beaver and Leelou in my town pile.

The rest I'm undecided.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:16 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Right now - 80. I could consolidate to AVM if necessary. Everything is fluid of course.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:21 AM, Jetscode1 said:

I like those two.  Maybe this town can work together after all.  

80 and AVM linked by barry and JC... 

On 4/2/2020 at 6:37 AM, Beaver said:

Doing a reread.     

Unvote 

Vote AVM

23 hours ago, JiF said:

yuck

23 hours ago, JiF said:

ok not yuck, I thought you just voted and said did a reread  lol

this exchange is weird... Beaver, AJ's town read --- jif calls him on this, but then lols it off after beaver posts a reason. also note Beaver has voted AVM whom AJ was trying to keep as his lynch target.

21 hours ago, A.J. said:

At this point a No Lynch is better than me dying.

I will switch to 80 if need be but I still think AVM is the way to go.

20 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

He's lolcatting.  Deserves to die. 

I have my doubts on AJ as well and the tracker claim is interesting.  Not all games have tracker so we may or may not have a CC.

Aj still pushing AVM before the deadline events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

based on the JiF and AJ posts I am thinking

Beaver or Drums next lynch for me - AJ lists beaver as town, drums as a lynch possibility. JiF lists Drums as scum read with AJ and Jville. common name is drums.

(JiF's "gut" read on Jville) i am going to look around at Jvile posts to see wtf he'd say that

VOTE DRUMS

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, AVM said:

Grabbed the Barry quote for context.

The thing here is that scum didn't have to find JiF - signaling to them like that would have been extremely risky considering the only upside by them knowing was so they didn't shoot h.....oh, wait.

The odds that this is the entire team seem incredibly slim. The odds that someone in that group seem incredibly high...

So...it's not a bad thought.

I agree it was risky but I'd guess that JiF names at least two on the scum team and they got scared and took him out.  

Scared GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

honestly now i am a little nervous....

question for you... why did you list AVM or 80 yesterday? 

? I don't blame you for being nervous about that!

I listed and voted 80 because he kept saying he was symp. At least 3 times he said it. So finally I said, well I guess we should believe you.

I had AVM after AJ explained his reason was AVM piled on the 4th vote without any reasoning. Made sense but I liked 80 better. Once AVM gave his reasoning I really didn't like it. I never got off of 80, unfortunately.

I think AJ listed at least one scum mate as town between JC/beaver. I also think we need to resolve that list JiF left. 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

? I don't blame you for being nervous about that!

I listed and voted 80 because he kept saying he was symp. At least 3 times he said it. So finally I said, well I guess we should believe you.

I had AVM after AJ explained his reason was AVM piled on the 4th vote without any reasoning. Made sense but I liked 80 better. Once AVM gave his reasoning I really didn't like it. I never got off of 80, unfortunately.

I think AJ listed at least one scum mate as town between JC/beaver. I also think we need to resolve that list JiF left. 

By "really didn't like it" I meant I didn't like AVM for scum. Now that we know AJ was scum I am even more inclined to think AVM is town.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

I don't really see anything with Jville that would make me thing JiF's gut read is anything considerable...

anyone else see anything there?

4 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I’ll go look.

Nothing stood out in his posts that I saw.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I agree it was risky but I'd guess that JiF names at least two on the scum team and they got scared and took him out.  

Scared GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Entirely possible, yes. 

And after Starks case - unvote vote Drums...considering what intel we have to go on and the good spot we're in, need to start looking at that group

6 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Nothing stood out in his posts that I saw.

Jvill posts have me feeling really meh...nothing that moves the needle either way so it's just the JiF post

drums option 1 for me by a long shot...I thought Beaver did okay with explanation of where he was voting and why but could be because I tunneled on Spoot too much, tbh.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:50 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Agreed.  Unvote, vote AJ

On 3/31/2020 at 11:01 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I think you guys are reaching here. I mean I get it’s day 1 and you kind of have but to me it looks like you’ve been planning to lynch AJ and that’s the post you’re going to attack. 

Here's the direct defense of AJ

On 3/31/2020 at 11:26 PM, Jetscode1 said:

AJ is as good lynch as any other.  Would you suggest another?

On 3/31/2020 at 11:37 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m just saying that if you’re going to vote based on something it shouldn’t be that. It’s so petty. 

Defense continued. Doesn't offer another suggestion. AJ was the first non-joking case made, not sure what makes that petty but not the other votes cast.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:11 PM, A.J. said:

Defense noted

Potential distancing?

On 4/1/2020 at 12:27 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Gross.

Vote Just End ur f***ckin username is too long

And tell me role

On 4/1/2020 at 8:18 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Think About It Reaction GIF by Big Potato Games

unvote

vote jets

#petty

80 and Barry call out the defense of AJ too. No more direct defenses of AJ after he gets a little heat for it.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:29 AM, Leelou said:

Vote Jets

On 4/1/2020 at 11:38 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Care to share why?

On 4/1/2020 at 12:07 PM, Leelou said:

Felt right.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:26 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Please elaborate. 

On 4/1/2020 at 1:06 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Vote leelou

On 4/1/2020 at 1:19 PM, Leelou said:

Why? Nervous over a vote? 

On 4/1/2020 at 1:27 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’d just like to know your reasoning. Your lack of an explanation is suspicious. 

On 4/1/2020 at 1:30 PM, Leelou said:

It’s early day 1, you’re taking this pretty seriously.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:40 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Is there a problem with trying to get answers right out of the gate?

On 4/1/2020 at 1:59 PM, Leelou said:

You’re really starting to overreact here. I’m feeling way more comfortable with my vote now.

Reaction to the LeeLou vote on him. Asking a lot of questions, throws a vote on her.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:43 PM, A.J. said:

In unrelated news:

Vote JETS

JiF could get it as well

On 4/1/2020 at 12:56 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

You’re going to say April fools and then unvote me right?

Completely different reaction to the AJ vote on him when compared to the LeeLou vote.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, A.J. said:

Technically JETS is correct. Which is the best kind of correct.

Not a big deal here, just reminds me of AJ's defense of Decker from last game.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:33 PM, A.J. said:

Gun to my head if there’s scum on my wagon it’s AVM. Fourth vote and what not, no explanation so nothing to refute or hold accountable with. Same could he said of Spoot but I liked his point on AVM earlier would say Town possibly.

I know deep down JiF’s ego is just projecting to cover his insecurities, and the Batman shtick is old, but I can’t call it scummy even if it’s an easy meta to hide behind. Worth watching later on regardless.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:34 PM, A.J. said:

Drums or AVM for me today. Even if it means I get lynched.

Unvote

Vote AVM

AJ starts the AVM train. Spoot and Beaver would follow and tie the VC at 3-3.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:58 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

But could it be that 80 is saying all this so we just brush it off as insane and he’s trolling thinking that what he’s doing is so crazy it might just work and that we won’t suspect him?

Throwing some suspicion on 80.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:43 AM, JiF said:

The people love me, AJ.  They want to hear from me.  They want to know their Batman is here for them.  They want to see Bowie.  They want to hear, "I'm my favorite role" and see my dominant scum hunting skills.  Call it old, stale, call it a schtick, whatever you want but I'm a man of the people and Im here to give them what they want.  Sorry this inconvenient for you but I built this community with my own blood, sweat and tears.  You should be thanking me.  I'd say, you're welcome for it.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:45 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Alright then who should we lynch day 1 genius. 

JiF was gunning for 80, JETS calls out the ego post. JiF would follow with his post listing AJ, Drums, me as scum.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:00 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Unvote vote AVM 

He hasn’t defended himself at all so I’m thinking he’s just flying under the radar and hope he only racks up a few votes. 

23 hours ago, GATA said:

Day1 Vote count

AJ (3)- JC, Jif, AVM,

JETS (1) - 80

80 (3)- Drums, Barry, Lee

AVM (4)- AJ, Spoot,New Beaver,  JETS

JC (1) - Pac

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

deadline for today, Thursday, at 3 PM EST.  

JETS pushes AVM ahead of AJ about 2-3 hours from deadline.

23 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Voted AVM not AJ. 

Makes sure GATA-bot knows about it (note: the original VC by GATA above was wrong, I guess she edited).

21 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Unvote vote 80

21 hours ago, GATA said:

Day1 FINAL Vote Count

AJ (3)- Jif, New Beaver,80

80 (8)- Drums, Barry, Lee, Stark, AJ, JC, JETS, AVM

AVM (1)- Spoot

JC (1) - Pac

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

deadline for Today at 3 PM EST.  

JETS pushes 80 to L-1, AVM hammers.

16 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I understand this but why doesn’t whoever vig is shoot someone else tonight and then we lynch AJ tomorrow? Think about it we know that the vig is going to try and shoot scum so if he hits we’re going to get rid of 2 of them in short order. If vig kills AJ tonight that makes the lynch tougher especially with scummies involved in the voting. 

16 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I get what you guys are saying and I’m fine with it if that’s the way we go but I’m just saying maybe roll the dice vig. 

Suggests vig shouldn't shoot confirmed scum

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

Me too.  I thought I did pretty good latching on to AJ.

You did what??

Guys..  come on...  he unvoted AJ and voted 80 when he has seen these counter claims for a decade.  He KNOWS the 2nd person to counter - especially in that situation - is overwhelmingly likely to be telling the truth.

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

You did what??

Guys..  come on...  he unvoted AJ and voted 80 when he has seen these counter claims for a decade.  He KNOWS the 2nd person to counter - especially in that situation - is overwhelmingly likely to be telling the truth.

To be fair 80 played it ridiculous. I explicitly asked him if he was counter claiming when he called AJ a liar and he accused me of role hunting. Then he went on to do other wacky sh*t that just looked scummy at the time.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

You did what??

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

To be fair 80 played it ridiculous. I explicitly asked him if he was counter claiming when he called AJ a liar and he accused me of role hunting. Then he went on to do other wacky sh*t that just looked scummy at the time.

That said - I don't think JC is a bad scum candidate.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

this is why i was telling 80 to stop posting... he played that ******* terrible... then he edits a post and gets way to defensive while AJ was just being chill watching 80 grab all the attention. 80 did what 80 does. he had a decent idea and then butt fumbled it.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I still don't understand why he didn't just fully counter claim. It was an open setup, the only way he could possibly know AJ was lying is if he (80) was scum or the tracker. Plus the editing posts. Made a mess of it when it should have been a clear decision.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

I still don't understand why he didn't just fully counter claim. It was an open setup, the only way he could possibly know AJ was lying is if he (80) was scum or the tracker. Plus the editing posts. Made a mess of it when it should have been a clear decision.

ha, look up 1 post

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Maybe you should’ve actually read my explanation of why we could do this but nope you deliberately ignored it. 

I read it, it's just bad logic and ultimately beneficial to scum. If the vig missed (overwhelming likely) and the scum didn't stupidly NK the symp, we'd be down 3-0 right now, likely 4-1 entering D3.

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I guess he just didn't want to fully counter claim because he would have just been NK'd in the next couple of days. But - that probably would have happened anyway at that point even if he wasn't lynched. Only 80 knows.

36 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Defense continued. Doesn't offer another suggestion. AJ was the first non-joking case made, not sure what makes that petty but not the other votes cast.

Potential distancing?

80 and Barry call out the defense of AJ too. No more direct defenses of AJ after he gets a little heat for it.

Reaction to the LeeLou vote on him. Asking a lot of questions, throws a vote on her.

Completely different reaction to the AJ vote on him when compared to the LeeLou vote.

JiF was gunning for 80, JETS calls out the ego post. JiF would follow with his post listing AJ, Drums, me as scum.

Makes sure GATA-bot knows about it (note: the original VC by GATA above was wrong, I guess she edited).

^^^^In my townie pile with Barry and AVM.^^^

35 minutes ago, Pac said:

You did what??

^^^Idiot^^^

Go back and read the thread.  I started the AJ or 80 club.  If 80 plays it better or even counters he lives.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That said - I don't think JC is a bad scum candidate.

we have the drums, beaver, JETS, Jville  from Jif, and AJ... 

I don't have a scum lean on Jville yet... 

JC could be a candidate but that would mean that JiF got Nk'd for essentially only naming AJ... feels less likely to me.

6 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I read it, it's just bad logic and ultimately beneficial to scum. If the vig missed (overwhelming likely) and the scum didn't stupidly NK the symp, we'd be down 3-0 right now, likely 4-1 entering D3.

We’d most likely come out the same. Scum kills scum either way and if he misses and hits town, oh well we just lynch AJ. Chances of lynching town and vig shooting town are about the same except at least we know vig is going to try and hit scum whereas our voting process is filled with scummies such as yourself. 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

JC is the other guy AJ had a town read on.

yeah, i listed that in my re-read comments. I also said yesterday that I didn't like the trio of: AJ, JC, 80 (mostly becuase of the 80 symp claim period)

in all honesty i think I almost always read JC as "scummy" so i am trying to not do that. 

4 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

We’d most likely come out the same. Scum kills scum either way and if he misses and hits town, oh well we just lynch AJ. Chances of lynching town and vig shooting town are about the same except at least we know vig is going to try and hit scum whereas our voting process is filled with scummies such as yourself. 

Odds are actually pretty strong we don’t come out the same, and we likely would have been in a far worse position. Again, scum doesn’t kill the symp (most likely outcome) and the vig hits town (also most likely outcome) and we’re down 3-0 right now. We get nowhere near the same info we’d get from lynching the townie the vig killed, and everyone just speed lynches AJ today, scum included, so we get limited info out of that. Then scum picks off another townie at night and we’re down 4-1 with limited info to go off of. That’s the absolute optimal scenario for scum, and you wanted it to happen.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Potential distancing?

100% agree on JETS, fwiw

Also tried to start thinking about the possibility that JiF didn't name scum (at least one) and their shot was not out of fear, but hunting for a town PR...but...

Not sure why they would want to hunt for the bodyguard with 80 out. I suppose Vig is possible but other than the near lock shot on AJ which I imagine would have taken place regardless of them targeting the Vig (concurrent NA's?) the Vig is more likely to hit town for a bit than scum. So it doesn't feel like PR hunting makes sense, I don't think.

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

^^^Poor logic here.^^^

Killing confirmed scum is always the priority.  Letting AJ live and possibly killing town prolongs the game in scum's favor. 

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Odds are actually pretty strong we don’t come out the same, and we likely would have been in a far worse position. Again, scum doesn’t kill the symp (most likely outcome) and the vig hits town (also most likely outcome) and we’re down 3-0 right now. We get nowhere near the same info we’d get from lynching the townie the vig killed, and everyone just speed lynches AJ today, scum included, so we get limited info out of that. Then scum picks off another townie at night and we’re down 4-1 with limited info to go off of. That’s the absolute optimal scenario for scum, and you wanted it to happen.

^^this

• Upvote 1