First pick of the 3rd Round, what do you do?

ljr

First pick of the 3rd round, what do you do?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. OL is BAP

• OT, G, C are equally rated BAP - pick OT
    • OT, G, C are equally rated BAP - pick OG
    • OT, G, C are equally rated BAP - pick C
  2. 2. 3rd Round OL, OLB, CB not BAP

• Not immediate needed position is BAP - pick BAP regardless of position
    • Not immediate need position is BAP - OT, OG, C, WR, OLB, CB equally below BAP - pick OT
    • Not immediate need position is BAP - OT, OG, C, WR, OLB, CB equally ranked below BAP - pick OG
    • Not immediate need position is BAP - OT, OG, C, WR, OLB, CB equally ranked below BAP - pick C
    • Not immediate need position is BAP - OT, OG, C, WR, OLB, CB equally ranked below BAP - pick OLB
    • Not immediate need position is BAP - OT, OG, C, WR, OLB, CB equally ranked below BAP - pick CB
    • Not immediate need position is BAP - OT, OG, C, WR, OLB, CB equally ranked below BAP - pick WR

Since we're all just killing time, what choices would you guys make if forced to choose between these options for the 1st pick of round 3?

Picks 1 & 2, in any order, have been OT & WR

No wiggle room exemptions, exceptions, qualifiers, addendum's, etc. ... must simply be one of these

(sorry, forgot to add WR original

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, ljr said:

Since we're all just killing time, what choices would you guys make if forced to choose between these options for the 1st pick of round 3?

No wiggle room exemptions, exceptions, qualifiers, addendum's, etc. ... must simply be one of these

This is an easy one.  All things being equal, you go for the cornerback at the top of round 3.  

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

A combination of WR/OL should be the only 2 positions we draft until our 4th round pick. Preferably OT/WR/WR/OL ....or OT/OL/WR/WR.

4th round I'd take a flier on an RB like Macfarland if hes there.

With the first pick in the 3rd anyone like Aiyuk/Higgins/Pittman/Claypool/Hennesy/ Hunt/Cushenberry/Biadicz would be a win

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OT's are almost always more valuable than interior OL, because OT's can be kicked inside a lot of the time.  Almost never can an IOL be kicked outside.  So if similarly graded I'm taking the OT every time.  

Dudes are pretty big to be kicking. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ljr said:

Double down on whichever position I drafted in the second

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

A combination of WR/OL should be the only 2 positions we draft until our 4th round pick. Preferably OT/WR/WR/OL ....or OT/OL/WR/WR.

4th round I'd take a flier on an RB like Macfarland if hes there.

With the first pick in the 3rd anyone like Aiyuk/Higgins/Pittman/Claypool/Hennesy/ Hunt/Cushenberry/Biadicz would be a win

If we go OT in the first and the WR In the second, I’d be ok with a pass rusher in the 3rd. Value may be there

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, ljr said:

hahhahah ... pick OL, WR, OLB, or CB

not that difficult, lol

Second question is difficult to answer because it’s presented as if they have an OT, G, C, CB, OLB, and WR all rated equally, with either a QB, S, ILB, RB, or TE rated above them. 

So if RB or TE is the BAP, then I take the BAP. If not, I take the BAP that closest fits the team’s needs, assuming that there would be an order. 

• Sympathy 1

Second question is difficult to answer because it’s presented as if they have an OT, G, C, CB, OLB, and WR all rated equally, with either a QB, S, ILB, RB, or TE rated above them. 

So if RB or TE is the BAP, then I take the BAP. If not, I take the BAP that closest fits the team’s needs, assuming that there would be an order. 

Good stuff ... yeah, you had interpreted the 2nd question correctly... I just tried to make it simple for Coop.

Appreciate the details on your response. ... I didn’t want to break it down to that level on the question itself though because I was afraid to make everything even more convoluted

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app