Daniel Jeremiah 1st rd 3.0

Dcat

In a worst case scenario, the Jets will likely have the 3rd or 4th ranked OL and the 2nd or 3rd WR left on the board at #11.  If they have the chance to pick one of those players or even BETTER if the board falls their way, they have to draft their top ranked player out of that bunch at #11 and not trade down.  

12 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The drop off on offensive tackles between pick 11 and pick 48 is huge. There’s 4 top tier tackles but I believe 6 day 1 starters. I think all 6 are gone by 48. On the other hand, if the jets do take an OT at 11, there’s about 20-25 WR’s who I believe are top 3 round picks. At 48 jets will still have day 1 starters available at WR. It’s so tempting to take one of the big receivers at 11, but I think the disciplined right decision would be to take the best tackle available. Just my opinion on it. 

Oo I don't disagree with you but I would not take a top 4 tackle of Douglas doesn't like the player. I'd rather us resign Beachum, Jason Peters, or trade for Trent Williams than take a player we don't want at #11 because we don't think a starter will be there at #48.

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

A lot harder to find a franchise LT than a WR IMO

Except you’re assuming whoever is there at 11 is a franchise LT.  Or more importantly that just because someone plays LT that JD thinks he is

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Given that DJ is friends with JD, along with the 2 other separate reports of the Jets interest in Lamb, I think Lamb is  becoming a very real possibility at 11. 

Hard to believe anything that goes on this time a year, could be a bunch of smoke 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

A lot harder to find a franchise LT than a WR IMO

Correct.  And I don't think there will be any HOF WR's coming from this draft class that will make us regret not taking one at 11.

From the looks of it, there are a ton of nice WR1's and excellent WR2's in this draft class.  Grab 2 of those (but not at 11; trade down as needed) and let's go to war.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, maury77 said:

Given that DJ is friends with JD, along with the 2 other separate reports of the Jets interest in Lamb, I think Lamb is  becoming a very real possibility at 11. 

I believe it to be smoke screen of the Lawrence Phillips variety.  Remember we got "caught" sneaking him out of the back door a few days before the draft? 

On 4/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Beerfish said:

I have to push back even more for WR at 11.  Lamb and jeudy are both nice players, so is Ruggs but none of these guys to me are super stars.

isn't that the whole draft?  i mean there are a couple of olinemen and wr's that are clearly better than the others but then the rest of the bunch are pretty close.  and none of these guys is off the charts good.

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2020 at 9:46 AM, ChuckkieB said:

In a worst case scenario, the Jets will likely have the 3rd or 4th ranked OL and the 2nd or 3rd WR left on the board at #11.  If they have the chance to pick one of those players or even BETTER if the board falls their way, they have to draft their top ranked player out of that bunch at #11 and not trade down.  

Again, 3rd or 4th consensus OT among the media and analysts is not necessarily the same as the Top 4 ranking for each team. It is quite possible the 4th OT taken is the #1 rated tackle by the Jets.