UPDATE: ESPN's Draft guru Todd McShay has coronavirus, will miss Draft

Just now, Sout0266 said:

I’d rather listen to him than Mel 

Mel knows how to stay in his lane. He does what he does, it’s pretty blah. McShay acts like a know-it-all and tries to own Mel, and it just comes off as insecure and petty. 

They both suck, but McShay is a prick about it.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I gotta admit it, I like Mel.

This is what he does and all he does - I think he’s pretty good at it.   

You gotta love all the armchair GMs slamming Kiper for the past decade+, which has become the trendiest groupthink in the NFL. Get over yourselves. 

• Upvote 1

Covid couldn't keep me from this draft, I'd have oxygen trickling up my nose with my eyelids held open like Alex in A CLOCKWORK ORANGE. Of course if the Jets drafted a DT my eyes would be spastically moving side to side like I'm viewing an old woman getting beat about the head with a large rubber dildo. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You gotta love all the armchair GMs slamming Kiper for the past decade+, which has become the trendiest groupthink in the NFL. Get over yourselves. 

I find Mel entertaining, but he's literally an armchair GM. It's been his job for 30 years. If he really knew what he was talking about a team would have tried to to hire him. Mike Mayock got a job after like 5 years on TV. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Dandie Andie Doodle said:

Wish him well in recovering.

I won’t miss him from the broadcast though. He’s the worst n the draft biz.

Ditto. When the Mel Wannabe 1st appeared it seems that all he did was contradict Mel. If Mel said it was black Todd McDick would say it was white. I was like ....Just STFY already. Noticed that his role seems to have diminished the last 2 years with this year being just on ABC. Won't miss him in the least.