Arkham Asylum - Town Wins

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Sorry Batman its not the time to use (or in your case want us to waste) our get out of jail roles.

You may not be The batman but this is as scummy as it gets because using those roles this early would be a huge mistake IMHO. We probably only have a few and it seems to me like you are pushing for them to be depleted 

I honestly hate how literal you people on here are.

You have no ******* nuance. Everything needs to be explained in short sentences.

Avm was hinting or setting up getting out of the thread so as to have something to point to when it happens. Looks like ground work.

I was playing dumb and asking a question so he could explain it more.

You took it super ******* literally and it's annoying. Grow up.

I agree that we should lynch jif at some point but I think it can wait for now. The way I see it scum wouldn’t want to bring jif aboard because everyone knows his role. They’re probably more likely looking for the other symp right now. 

And if they find that other Symp then JiF becomes town automatically. Assuming JiF is telling the truth about that mechanic.

• Upvote 1

The Info is simple so I guess I will explain it again. Not for you my ass kissing friend but for the others who I would like to punch in the head.
1. There is a win condition and that is either ALL scum or ALL town are sent to this thread AKA "The Asylum" It's a jail if everyone is locked up in the goddamn jail on one side or the other they lose.
2. We have roles that can add variables to this such as "Arrests" or "Break out of Jail" 
3. Strategic use of roles will be important. 
3. A lynch gets you sent to The Asylum which is this thread. An Arrest gets you sent to the Asylum as well. 
It's not that difficult start looking for scum and lynch their asses.  

For # 1: Do you know this for sure or are you just making an educated guess?

2 hours ago, Arsis said:

I honestly hate how literal you people on here are.

You have no ******* nuance. Everything needs to be explained in short sentences.

Avm was hinting or setting up getting out of the thread so as to have something to point to when it happens. Looks like ground work.

I was playing dumb and asking a question so he could explain it more.

You took it super ******* literally and it's annoying. Grow up.

calm down Francis I was responding to you wanting to use a power that I feel is not a good idea ,, whats so hard about that to understand. Obviously I was thinking AVM would read that as well

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

calm down Francis I was responding to you wanting to use a power that I feel is not a good idea ,, whats so hard about that to understand. Obviously I was thinking AVM would read that as well

What power? How do you know it's a power and not a mechanic? How do you know it's something you choose to use and not automatically when a condition is met?

Your have the power and you're highlighting it.  Or your scum and one of your teammates have it.

You're talking about information you shouldn't have like you're 100% certain it exist. You can't be that certain. Unless?

Any thoughts on this subject, Nancy?

6 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

I think Arsis and Pac need to be lynched ASAP.

Arsis keeps claiming batman  he might just be telling the truth you know.

Pac   if he doesnt know hes town or not     and before i hear it im not buying a "I havent read my pm" excuse  then hes either a symp and that was him signalling or hes third party so still not town.

5 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Why make a second claim then? (irt Arsis)

I didn't like Pac or JiF's claim. 

Keep up the completely idiotic posts and you might just get me interested after all.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The Info is simple so I guess I will explain it again. Not for you my ass kissing friend but for the others who I would like to punch in the head.

1. There is a win condition and that is either ALL scum or ALL town are sent to this thread AKA "The Asylum" It's a jail if everyone is locked up in the goddamn jail on one side or the other they lose.

2. We have roles that can add variables to this such as "Arrests" or "Break out of Jail" 

3. Strategic use of roles will be important. 

3. A lynch gets you sent to The Asylum which is this thread. An Arrest gets you sent to the Asylum as well. 

It's not that difficult start looking for scum and lynch their asses.  

That makes sense...

34 minutes ago, Arsis said:

What power? How do you know it's a power and not a mechanic? How do you know it's something you choose to use and not automatically when a condition is met?

Your have the power and you're highlighting it.  Or your scum and one of your teammates have it.

You're talking about information you shouldn't have like you're 100% certain it exist. You can't be that certain. Unless?

Any thoughts on this subject, Nancy?

My thoughts are... nothing is 100 % certain based on what I have seen in the game. Also you seem to be making a slight accusation here that I might be scum ..is that what you were thinking when you said "unless" just asking so don't have a hissy fit over it.

Whats Obvious to me is we have people who can break others out of Jail (forget who claimed this but it was claimed) and others that can throw you in jail (confirmed by Nyn and Myself) and a lynch also gets you thrown in jail. These at the moment seem to be the main roles/mechanics of the game its what we have to go on and that's the way we should roll unless/until someone says different or something comes up that suggests different.

The single worst role I see is your role which IMHO seems like a scum role. See I'm not 100 % sure but by bringing that up maybe others can weigh in and maybe you can explain how your role would be used in a game like this and be town oriented

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For # 1: Do you know this for sure or are you just making an educated guess?

Based on the way this game is laid out I think its pretty safe to say if all scum for instance get thrown in jail they cant win the game cause they have no one to break them out same goes for town if scum out numbers town 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is going to die at all?

I guess someone could possibly die but that should not mess with the win condition I laid out , all it would do is lessen the numbers. Hey we've all been wrong about things ..I'm not the end all be all here wish more players were participating.  

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

My thoughts are... nothing is 100 % certain based on what I have seen in the game. Also you seem to be making a slight accusation here that I might be scum ..is that what you were thinking when you said "unless" just asking so don't have a hissy fit over it.

Whats Obvious to me is we have people who can break others out of Jail (forget who claimed this but it was claimed) and others that can throw you in jail (confirmed by Nyn and Myself) and a lynch also gets you thrown in jail. These at the moment seem to be the main roles/mechanics of the game its what we have to go on and that's the way we should roll unless/until someone says different or something comes up that suggests different.

The single worst role I see is your role which IMHO seems like a scum role. See I'm not 100 % sure but by bringing that up maybe others can weigh in and maybe you can explain how your role would be used in a game like this and be town oriented

Youve never seen a town roleblocker before? Why would town need to block roles?

Last game I was a third party recruiter. Imagine if someone blocked my recruiting Pac. Would have been clutch.

On 5/14/2020 at 5:51 PM, Nynaeve said:

A LYNCH IS A KILL.

Talking about it in retrospect is all good and well but i used it before the lynch. It's really not that hard to understand. Am I supposed to be a mind reader and know how DPR decided to do it differently than any other game we played in?!

did any other games we played in have 2 game threads ? Can you explain why people who are supposed to be dead as you seem to think why DPR just threw them in jail and never said anyone was actually dead ?

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Youve never seen a town roleblocker before? Why would town need to block roles?

Last game I was a third party recruiter. Imagine if someone blocked my recruiting Pac. Would have been clutch.

role blockers are usually scum not town. Scum uses role blocks to NK players like the Doc and the COP who may have protections. Very rarely do you see town with role blocks which is why i think you are telling the truth about your role but lying about your alignment

AVM was sitting quietly in his cell when the door was suddenly ripped out of its frame... By the time the dust settled, whoever had done the heavy lifting was nowhere to be found, but AVM didn't waste any time trying to track them down. He quickly grabbed up his belonging and made his way toward the gaping hole in the wall, whistling a happy tune as showed himself out. 

It seemed like a quiet night outside of Arkham as AVM made his way back to Gotham, but he knew better - all of the action happened behind the scenes and he had a feeling it was going to be a busy day...

IN THE INTEREST OF MOVING THE GAME FORWARD, I'VE ADJUSTED A FEW OF THE MECHANICS INCLUDING LYNCHES, THAT WILL NOW SHOW FLIPS, AND TO THAT END, DICE (THE D1 LYNCH) IS TOWN. 

It is now Day 3

With 12 players in Gotham, it takes 7 to lynch. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

did any other games we played in have 2 game threads ? Can you explain why people who are supposed to be dead as you seem to think why DPR just threw them in jail and never said anyone was actually dead ?

I've run up to 7 supplemental threads before, lol

The purpose of the Arkham thread is to remove players from voting and from counting toward their faction (for instance, if there are 3 Town and 3 Mafia left in the main thread, Mafia will win, regardless of how many people are in Arkham, so it counts as a death...).

However, as stated, there is also the possibility that some players may be busted out of Arkham and returned to the game thread - this should be dependent on what roles that the players claim to have, as there are many and they can be very, very useful.

You have all of the information you need to play and win the game - it's just a question of who uses the setup the most skillfully, as requested if memory serves...

Also, colors are meaningless. Just wanted to reiterate that. 

@Arsis I think you are scum based on my observations on how you play and the slight push for players to use their "Break out of jail powers" you have said that more than once.

IMHO that favors scum because you are getting players to use something that is limited and the only way to break out of jail that I feel is the win condition if one side or the other has all or majority in jail. That's my opinion and I put it out there... If people like yourself disagree I'm fine with that but in your case if you are scum are obviously going to disagree right ?

All cases are built on speculation early in games unless you catch someone Like I did with 80 Last game. So with that being said I'll say it again it's in scums best interest to get town to use their powers now so come end game they can easily win the game if town has no way to get people out of jail. In the case of scum this becomes even more of an issue since they have limited players therefore limited roles so I don.t expect scum to use those roles early at all.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

@Arsis I think you are scum based on my observations on how you play and the slight push for players to use their "Break out of jail powers" you have said that more than once.

IMHO that favors scum because you are getting players to use something that is limited and the only way to break out of jail that I feel is the win condition if one side or the other has all or majority in jail. That's my opinion and I put it out there... If people like yourself disagree I'm fine with that but in your case if you are scum are obviously going to disagree right ?

All cases are built on speculation early in games unless you catch someone Like I did with 80 Last game. So with that being said I'll say it again it's in scums best interest to get town to use their powers now so come end game they can easily win the game if town has no way to get people out of jail. In the case of scum this becomes even more of an issue since they have limited players therefore limited roles so I don.t expect scum to use those roles early at all.

There was no push and you're covering for AVM who was broken out of arkham.

I called that his post was lying the groundwork for his escape. He was planting seeds so we knew what to expect so we weren't surprised when it happened. It's what I did last game. I said I was going to make a trade and even though the mod said it was a back alley deal it looked better because it's human psychology to look more favorably on things that are expected.

AVM's post was foreshadowing his release from arkham and when I pushed him on it you jumped all over me to cover for him.

You're either scum or stupid.

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

I've run up to 7 supplemental threads before, lol

The purpose of the Arkham thread is to remove players from voting and from counting toward their faction (for instance, if there are 3 Town and 3 Mafia left in the main thread, Mafia will win, regardless of how many people are in Arkham, so it counts as a death...).

However, as stated, there is also the possibility that some players may be busted out of Arkham and returned to the game thread - this should be dependent on what roles that the players claim to have, as there are many and they can be very, very useful.

You have all of the information you need to play and win the game - it's just a question of who uses the setup the most skillfully, as requested if memory serves...

Also, colors are meaningless. Just wanted to reiterate that. 

You call Asylum a death but its not a death as evidenced by AVM just being broke out of jail and back in the game thread. Sure it plays like a death since you can't vote in the main thread but calling it a death is a bad choice of words. Also Like I've been saying You just confirmed that going into the asylum with a majority for town or all scum is the win condition.

Did I say anything wrong here ?

Well yeah since you just stated Dice was town it makes more sense now that colors mean nothing rather than what you stated earlier in the game

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You want me to explain why DPR is modding his game this way? Is this a serious question?

Ask him.

1 minute ago, Arsis said:

I called that his post was lying the groundwork for his escape. He was planting seeds so we knew what to expect so we weren't surprised when it happened. It's what I did last game. I said I was going to make a trade and even though the mod said it was a back alley deal it looked better because it's human psychology to look more favorably on things that are expected.

AVM's post was foreshadowing his release from arkham and when I pushed him on it you jumped all over me to cover for him.

I jumped all over you for what ? please explain or show me the post you are referring to when it comes to AVM ? I'll go look

4 hours ago, AVM said:

Some more random thoughts:

1 - has no one pointed out how frequently Crusher keeps saying he’s fabulous yet? Maybe a parallel to Arsis’ “I’m Batman” thing, maybe nothing. Just seems like something at this point

2 - I advocated to send JiF here because the longer he stays in the main thread the more we force a PR to look in to him and/or force town to send him here anyway. If someone claimed symp in a normal game they’d be speed lynched. Odd that it was basically pushed aside by most.

3 - To be clear, I’m not sneakily trying to get back in the game - I hope its more obvious, not sneaky lol. I want to be super clear that I want back in the main thread, as I think I can help.

4 hours ago, Arsis said:

@AVM
H o w can we get you back in the main thread?

Again, I saw this from a mile away that he was coming back and tried to gently push him and look at smash panic.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Sorry Batman its not the time to use (or in your case want us to waste) our get out of jail roles.

You may not be The batman but this is as scummy as it gets because using those roles this early would be a huge mistake IMHO. We probably only have a few and it seems to me like you are pushing for them to be depleted 

Where did I say to break him out or use a power role. I was asking avm to elaborate on his hinting.

4 minutes ago, Arsis said:

You’re skimming. I’ve been talking about a way out of prison since that first what I know, what I think, what I’m guessing post.

1 minute ago, Arsis said:

Again, I saw this from a mile away that he was coming back and tried to gently push him and look at smash panic.

Where did I say to break him out or use a power role. I was asking avm to elaborate on his hinting.

And I wasnt hinting. I was asking.

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

You’re skimming. I’ve been talking about a way out of prison since that first what I know, what I think, what I’m guessing post.

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

And I wasnt hinting. I was asking.

I have no idea WTF @Arsis is saying when he said he accused you of hinting to be broken out of prison and when he supposedly caught you on that non relevant garbage he said i jumped all over him for it. Im not sure WTF ....

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I have no idea WTF @Arsis is saying when he said he accused you of hinting to be broken out of prison and when he supposedly caught you on that non relevant garbage he said i jumped all over him for it. Im not sure WTF ....

His confusion kind of seems genuine tbh. He’s a bit all over the place though, very difficult to read.

6 minutes ago, Arsis said:

AVM was not hinting he was asking when we  were trying to figure out the game. 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Avm made a post that I found interesting about getting out of arkham. I asked him to elaborate. You jumped on me over it. And avm got broken out of arkham

Why was he let out?

Would it be a scum or town power to let people out?

Why did you panic when I questioned avm lightly about him being let out?

Because you already knew he was being let out?

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

AVM was not hinting he was asking when we  were trying to figure out the game. 

How do you know what avm was doing?

You talk about things very certainly that you can't know for sure if you were town.