Arkham Asylum - Town Wins

Just now, AVM said:

Essentially you treat each day as making a decision on who is playing the most anti-town and put them in here, trying to isolate anti-town play. As more information opens up there is clearly some way to make informed decisions on who was the right and wrong decision to put in here and we/you all/someone? tries to break us/them out.

True.  Well I obviously want to break out you and Smash.  Not sure about Dice yet.  

3 minutes ago, AVM said:

@Smashmouth - Nyn is saying in the main thread she was told she's equivalent to a day vig. Any thoughts/reaction to this?

Why are you sucking up Smash's ass so hard?

Even if he's cleared town he doesn't know anything more then anyone else

Why are you hiding behind his views?

Just now, Arsis said:

Since he was NK'd by Batman, he might be the most trustworthy player in the game at the moment.  

Just now, Arsis said:

Huh?

Because if we are to take them both at their word they had the exact same role PM. He DOES know what is in his role PM, and that's why I continue to ask him questions about what he thinks on what Nyn is saying in the main thread.

If one of them has something different, it would imply that one is not necessarily telling the truth. Not necessarily Nyn, but it would give us information.

I've shared more views in this thread than literally 75% of the game in the two threads combined, how exactly am I hiding behind Smash...especially given the above?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, AVM said:

@Smashmouth - Nyn is saying in the main thread she was told she's equivalent to a day vig. Any thoughts/reaction to this?

It was said it would have the same effect as a lynch. Obviously at that point I didnt know that it meant no flip and a trip to another thread. I was told it was a like a vig shot cause using it didnt end day or stopped the on going lynch. I specifically asked.

Your vote and reasons seemed shadiest and I was pretty sure I'd get killed early on anyhow so I used it early. Wont do much help when I'm dead.  

57 minutes ago, AVM said:

I do keep going back to scum hunting > roles/characters. The role and character for Nyn seems exceedingly town. Shooting/jailing blindly on D1 heading up to a deadline off a feel alone that I was scummy = not overly town. Especially if she's one shot. Makes a ton of sense if she's compulsive, but that also opens the door to SK....especially if Smash/anyone else is not a multi-shot (if there is another - though I wouldn't claim if there is)

this is meta but nyn doesn't strike me of someone who would be shy to play a hunch as vig. i am pretty sure she's shot on day 1 before. But yes i hear you

• Upvote 1

@game -  since we are interacting with arkham asylum anyway, how about we move game play here and just use the other thread for votes. This is too much of a pia to follow conversations in 2 threads

thoughts?

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

@game -  since we are interacting with arkham asylum anyway, how about we move game play here and just use the other thread for votes. This is too much of a pia to follow conversations in 2 threads

thoughts?

Makes sense to me.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

thoughts?

I'm batman!

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True.  Well I obviously want to break out you and Smash.  Not sure about Dice yet.  

just catching up now, does anyone have any thoughts on how to do that?

Smash seems like a good one since batman killed him

55 minutes ago, AVM said:

I accidentally posted in the main thread, after joking about trying not to...

@DPR - let me know if there is a penalty (including being out of the game). I'll refrain from posting until I hear.

I was appropriately laughed at and told I'm fine ?

back at it...

• Haha 1

@Jetscode1 - my first post saying "I know how to win" was a cheap attempt to get one person...just one of you to say "how?"

I was then waiting literally the entire first day to respond with the "It's uhh...simple. We kill the batman" gif. You all greatly disappointed me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

It was said it would have the same effect as a lynch. Obviously at that point I didnt know that it meant no flip and a trip to another thread. I was told it was a like a vig shot cause using it didnt end day or stopped the on going lynch. I specifically asked.

Your vote and reasons seemed shadiest and I was pretty sure I'd get killed early on anyhow so I used it early. Wont do much help when I'm dead.  

Re bold:

1 - that does seem legitimate as does the question/conversation back but...

2 - that didn't strike you as different from usual? being described as the same as a lynch but then also like a vig shot would indicate this is unusual

And this thread was created Monday at 7:24PM Eastern Standard Time, and I had noticed it by Tuesday morning...with a message from DPR that "All players sent to this thread must only post here unless they are notified by Mod PM that they may return to the Batman Gone Wild thread. "

Though, to be fair to you, some people don't even know we (Dice, Smash and myself) are still in the game at this point so I can't really blame you if you say you never saw it.

3 hours ago, AVM said:

What I know:

• Anyone in Arkham is still in the game and can return to the full game/thread
  • Alignment is not easily apparent in this game, but is something we can figure out

What I think I know:

• Those of us in Arkham can be further removed from the game, permanently (hence what I was saying about death vs. jailing yesterday)
  • We shouldn't try to play the "this character is scum!" or "this character clearly would be town" game - this is why DPR allowed for unlimited reveals

What I'm wildly speculating:

• As Nyn suggested yesterday it's possible scum have safe reveals...we're playing in a world where people wear masks. The "flavor" could be that people could disguise themselves as someone else...such as Batman having a safe reveal as Nightwing. On my confidence scale 1 being next to none and 10 being extremely confident this is a 2.5.
  • There's an additional mechanic we don't know yet within Arkham. I don't know what I'm thinking here...but I'm wondering if there's more that will happen here other than us sitting and waiting to break out/be broken out. Confidence scale 4...but still gross speculation.

@Integrity28 -- to save you a bit of time on reading the whole thing...

Smash, Dice and I are still very much in the game.

• Upvote 1

I also think there's a mix of genuine confusion and some faux confusion with regards to people ignoring/not looking in the thread. I have zero feel on who, if anyone, is pretending to be a lost sheep but it's an easy way to blend in.

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Re bold:

1 - that does seem legitimate as does the question/conversation back but...

2 - that didn't strike you as different from usual? being described as the same as a lynch but then also like a vig shot would indicate this is unusual

And this thread was created Monday at 7:24PM Eastern Standard Time, and I had noticed it by Tuesday morning...with a message from DPR that "All players sent to this thread must only post here unless they are notified by Mod PM that they may return to the Batman Gone Wild thread. "

Though, to be fair to you, some people don't even know we (Dice, Smash and myself) are still in the game at this point so I can't really blame you if you say you never saw it.

The result of a lynch is death in games I've played in so what do you think?

He said my ability was to arrest. I questioned it cause I didnt understand what it meant. I was told it was equivalent to the result of a lynch and that it works like a day vig where the phase continues as it were regardless. I 100% thought you were going to die.

And you guys arent necessarily out of the game. That much I was told.

31 minutes ago, CTM said:

this is meta but nyn doesn't strike me of someone who would be shy to play a hunch as vig. i am pretty sure she's shot on day 1 before. But yes i hear you

This is very fair. She also, to JC's credit and her own, said "pew pew pew" to me in regards to how to win the game on D1. I really do think she's town, it was just not a decision I would have made with a shot - not specifically me (because duh) but taking a shot like that. 

But we all play differently and that's fine. I'm trying to move on from disagreeing with the action and trying to not tunnel myself. It's hard to imagine she would draw attention to herself like that if an SK and with all the chaos (WOO!) the past two RL days in the two threads I totally forgot until JC brought it up...and she's clearly not Batman, at least. Probably back up to 85 or 90% on her as town.

14 minutes ago, AVM said:

@Jetscode1 - my first post saying "I know how to win" was a cheap attempt to get one person...just one of you to say "how?"

I was then waiting literally the entire first day to respond with the "It's uhh...simple. We kill the batman" gif. You all greatly disappointed me.

I heard one poster say we're too literal here at JN.  Maybe.

• Haha 1