WMCJ Mafia Game Thread

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Would that matter? 

Yes, when a cop claim is made, you should always inquire what language the mod used. Scum vs. non-town. It’s a way of boxing the claimant into their statements, in case they are lying.

Not saying he is lying, just coaching.

• Upvote 2

Hold on, here...let me see if I have this straight...

• We have had two nights with no kills
  • Crush has claimed souped up roleblocker, that's how we caught Arsis...and that he blocked Ape last night
  • 80 is claiming cop...even though Crush claimed he kind of sort of could tell alignment with Arsis?
  • 80 is claiming to have a guilty on me, but isn't voting me because "Crush can just block me"
  • Lots of conversation about scum vs. not-town

There are a number of ways shots can not be successful - roleblocking is just one. The scum vs. not town point is important, since if we have scum and 3rd party that would mean FOUR kills have been avoided, not two. And would imply the game is pretty roled up.

Now with 16 players it's highly unlikely we only had 3 non-town roles, so let's assume 80 is telling the truth...I would likely have a teammate left over that I could just have submit the kill tonight instead? Then if Crush fails tonight and there is a kill, you lynch me tomorrow and it opens the door to question Crush.

The play is simple - you lynch me. Quite frankly, I kind of think 80 is full of it but I think that's just me OMGUSing too hard. Hard to imagine we have a super-roleblocker that is quasi-vetted plus a cop, but it's possible. If so, you'd have to imagine there were roles to throw off investigations. There's just no way you don't lynch me right here - I don't understand how we're even having this conversation.

vote AVM

unvote  - maybe shouldn't roll over considering Crush has Ape blocked and it's hard to imagine with the "not town" language that we only have a basic scum team...he would have had to hit again, meaning Ape would have to be scum

Yeah - I don't think I should roll over, since there is at least a chance that Ape is scum and despite my skepticism 80 could be legit...so it's not like me flipping town means 80 = scum. Also unlikely that he'd do that already down a teammate, since at some point you'd lynch a cop with a false result. If Crush did in fact nail Ape, that would potentially be putting them down 3 people in quick order too...just doesn't seem like the smart thing. 

Regardless I do question anyone who doesn't want to go with what appears to be a sure thing - especially a cop with the results himself.

vote Ape

Lynching AVM would only make sense if it weren't for Crusher's role and his 1/1 success rate in lynching scum because of it so far.  

If we lynch AVM today and Ape turns out to be town, then Crusher's RB on Ape would  be worthless tonight.  I get that NK's fail for all sorts of reasons.  But 2 nights in a row?  After Crusher successfully used the ability on Arsis last night, from the info we have available?

Lynch Ape today, RB AVM tonight.  That's the best play.  

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Exactl. Take down Ape today. I can block AVM tonight to prevent a night kill. Kill AVM tomorrow. If its a 3-4 person team then this could be close to end game. 

Catching up still so don’t know if anyone has asked, but why would this not work in reverse? Could block Ape again tonight no?

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Catching up still so don’t know if anyone has asked, but why would this not work in reverse? Could block Ape again tonight no?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lynching AVM would only make sense if it weren't for Crusher's role and his 1/1 success rate in lynching scum because of it so far.  

If we lynch AVM today and Ape turns out to be town, then Crusher's RB on Ape would  be worthless tonight. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

You do realize that if AVM is scum today he'll be scum tomorrow too. If we go AVM I have no choice to block APE again, just in case he's the killer. I f we take him out today, I can block AVM instead. 

Makes sense.

Vote Ape

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Official Day 3 Vote Count:

Ape (7) - Crusher, Barry, Gata, Stark, 80, Jets, AVM

AVM (2) - Drums, Kdels

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 to bench

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Makes sense.

Vote Ape

Lol.  Didn't know this was still a debate.  

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Question: Can Crusher just keep blocking AVM to avoid any night kills until we find the other players? 

There's 2 more scum if I'm doing the math right I think it's up to him who he blocks 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, AVM said:

Hold on, here...let me see if I have this straight...

• We have had two nights with no kills
  • Crush has claimed souped up roleblocker, that's how we caught Arsis...and that he blocked Ape last night
  • 80 is claiming cop...even though Crush claimed he kind of sort of could tell alignment with Arsis?
  • 80 is claiming to have a guilty on me, but isn't voting me because "Crush can just block me"
  • Lots of conversation about scum vs. not-town

There are a number of ways shots can not be successful - roleblocking is just one. The scum vs. not town point is important, since if we have scum and 3rd party that would mean FOUR kills have been avoided, not two. And would imply the game is pretty roled up.

Now with 16 players it's highly unlikely we only had 3 non-town roles, so let's assume 80 is telling the truth...I would likely have a teammate left over that I could just have submit the kill tonight instead? Then if Crush fails tonight and there is a kill, you lynch me tomorrow and it opens the door to question Crush.

The play is simple - you lynch me. Quite frankly, I kind of think 80 is full of it but I think that's just me OMGUSing too hard. Hard to imagine we have a super-roleblocker that is quasi-vetted plus a cop, but it's possible. If so, you'd have to imagine there were roles to throw off investigations. There's just no way you don't lynch me right here - I don't understand how we're even having this conversation.

vote AVM

I never said I was souped up anything. I said JiF took liberties with my role. More creative liberties than any kind of extra ability with it.  I simply pick a player to block and as far as I know they are blocked.  Im only told that it was recieved and hear nothing else from JiF I was very clear in my post to state I wasn't suggesting I knew anything about alignment with it. Just the assumption if I blocked someone and there was no kill then its likely that person was killing.   Sorry for the confusion. 

• Upvote 1

The day was once again quick as one of the ballers thought they had some inside information to once again help Sidney and Billy finally defeat those who stand in there way.  They've been very fortunate with how much their allies have helped them thus far but will that trend continue or will Billy and Sidney finally face some adversity?  The players trusted this baller before can they trust him again?

Ape - Alex Trebek - VT - has been perma benched. 

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

The day was once again quick as one of the ballers thought they had some inside information to once again help Sidney and Billy finally defeat those who stand in there way.  They've been very fortunate with how much their allies have helped them thus far but will that trend continue or will Billy and Sidney finally face some adversity?  The players trusted this baller before can they trust him again?

Ape - Alex Trebek - VT - has been perma benched. 

Damn I feel like Shaq shooting free throws. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK.  So now we know that Scum isn't getting NK's for another reason.  Crusher's block on Arsis may well have worked but he isn't the only force at play.  Maybe scum doesn't get to NK.  Who knows.

AVM tomorrow and hopefully I can nail someone tonight.  

Yep. 

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Yeah - I don't think I should roll over, since there is at least a chance that Ape is scum and despite my skepticism 80 could be legit...so it's not like me flipping town means 80 = scum. Also unlikely that he'd do that already down a teammate, since at some point you'd lynch a cop with a false result. If Crush did in fact nail Ape, that would potentially be putting them down 3 people in quick order too...just doesn't seem like the smart thing. 

Regardless I do question anyone who doesn't want to go with what appears to be a sure thing - especially a cop with the results himself.

vote Ape

Are you suggesting 80 might be a paranoid/insane cop? Aside from that, I don’t see how 80 could be legit if you turn up town.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK.  So now we know that Scum isn't getting NK's for another reason.  Crusher's block on Arsis may well have worked but he isn't the only force at play.  Maybe scum doesn't get to NK.  Who knows.

AVM tomorrow and hopefully I can nail someone tonight.  

Guessing the bookies looking for billy get to do just that. Kind of like the Dr. Manhattan search from watchmen. It would be beneficial for them to buy time while trying to search for him ...

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So @The Crusher aside from your magical instincts, why did you decide to role block Arsis N1? Could have easily blocked a town role but you supposedly chose Arsis and were right.

I picked up a little change in his play. Not a specific post per say just the overall feel. He seem to be pushing the Cuck thing with Ape heavy and it felt contrived at times. Reason I also blocked Ape.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I picked up a little change in his play. Not a specific post per say just the overall feel. He seem to be pushing the Cuck thing with Ape heavy and it felt contrived at times. Reason I also blocked Ape.

Ape is a cuck tho.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AVM said:

vote Ape

Brah you are either town or you aren't, so If you're town, he would not be legit. At least that's how it looks to me. So why on Earth would you take this approach? 

Should have killed you