WMCJ Mafia Game Thread

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

80 could be a paranoid cop. I haven't seen one yet but it is a thing. 

Did you get that from what AVM said?  If avm knows he is town, then good chance 80 is either that or lying but I didn’t get that from avms post but maybe I tunneled on that one line. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Did you get that from what AVM said?  If avm knows he is town, then good chance 80 is either that or lying but I didn’t see get that from avms post but maybe I tunneled on that one line. Thoughts?

AVM spoke like he didn’t know what his own role was which is anti-town or a hyper elaborate pro-town move. I’m inclined to stick with the former.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

Did you get that from what AVM said?  If avm knows he is town, then good chance 80 is either that or lying but I didn’t see get that from avms post but maybe I tunneled on that one line. Thoughts?

I read his post as him saying there are reasons 80 could be a cop and get the wrong result on an investigation.

80, crusher and avm are all suspect for me atm. avm because of 80's investigation, crusher & 80 because of the appearance of possibly working together. 80 lined up the next day lynch real nice there for when crushers RB failed. Almost like it was designed to take focus away from it.

I could very well be overthinking things as I tend to do, but I have concerns.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I read his post as him saying there are reasons 80 could be a cop and get the wrong result on an investigation.

80, crusher and avm are all suspect for me atm. avm because of 80's investigation, crusher & 80 because of the appearance of possibly working together. 80 lined up the next day lynch real nice there for when crushers RB failed. Almost like it was designed to take focus away from it.

I could very well be overthinking things as I tend to do, but I have concerns.

So Crusher and I, under no pressure at all, came out with these results for no reason, when all it would take is a Cop counter-claim to unravel it all?

Maybe try underthinking for a bit?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why did you decide to out yourself as cop instead of leaving breadcrumbs?

I felt emboldened by 2 nights without death, plus a successful scum lynch of Arsis.  Scum and other potential threats to town haven't killed anybody yet.  Once they do start killing they'll have to choose between me, Crusher, or someone else (to maybe ensure they actually kill someone and don't get blocked again).  I'm cool with rolling the dice that I might stay alive another night or 2.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I felt emboldened by 2 nights without death, plus a successful scum lynch of Arsis.  Scum and other potential threats to town haven't killed anybody yet.  Once they do start killing they'll have to choose between me, Crusher, or someone else (to maybe ensure they actually kill someone and don't get blocked again).  I'm cool with rolling the dice that I might stay alive another night or 2.  

It just seemed completely unnecessary to come out when you did.  We already had a lynch in the cross hairs. If the roles are to be believed you put one at risk for no good reason.

Even if you felt "emboldened", which feels like contrived language btw, why THEN? Why not just wait until D3 starts?

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

It just seemed completely unnecessary to come out when you did.  We already had a lynch in the cross hairs. If the roles are to be believed you put one at risk for no good reason.

Even if you felt "emboldened", which feels like contrived language btw, why THEN? Why not just wait until D3 starts?

Why not?  At the time I was hopeful Crusher would go 2/2.  Hence his fat a$$ would be super powerful.  Why not add an element for scum to have to consider when picking their NK target?  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why not?  At the time I was hopeful Crusher would go 2/2.  Hence his fat a$$ would be super powerful.  Why not add an element for scum to have to consider when picking their NK target?  

Like I said, you put a PR at risk by doing it. Why give them a target instead of letting them shoot into a random pool of players - especially when there is potential for more than one anti-town faction? 

If the bookies are looking for Billy like we had to look for Dr. Manhattan you just eliminated a player from that pool making it easier for them to find him.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Like I said, you put a PR at risk by doing it. Why give them a target instead of letting them shoot into a random pool of players - especially when there is potential for more than one anti-town faction? 

If the bookies are looking for Billy like we had to look for Dr. Manhattan you just eliminated a player from that pool making it easier for them to find him.

Next game whenever you're Cop you can play it any way you want.  

The Bookie/Dr Manhattan theory was proposed by Ape late in the day.  That's a silly fear to be worrying about.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Are you suggesting 80 might be a paranoid/insane cop? Aside from that, I don’t see how 80 could be legit if you turn up town.

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Brah you are either town or you aren't, so If you're town, he would not be legit. At least that's how it looks to me. So why on Earth would you take this approach? 

Should have killed you

I also said this when I thought Crusher was a powered up roleblocker...I recall reading his claim and thinking the "JiF took liberties" with the role thing was a hint that Crush was kind of like a roleblocker that could identify something else about the player like their role. If Crush had that but it wasn't a cop role, we could have theoretically had a cop IF scum had a way to throw off investigations. Now that it doesn't appear we have two investigative roles I think it's unlikely scum has framing ability or we have a gimped cop, so I think 80 is scum.

As to what I was thinking in that post - I have seen framers, paranoid cops, and cops that get specific results on specific nights....at least I think so on the last one. We had a Crazy Cops game years and years ago where everyone was a cop. Some paranoid, some naive, some that got the opposite results, one legit cop and I swear we had one cop that got scum/town on different nights. I'm not thinking 80 is that, by any means...I was more just thinking that I needed to pause and think before screaming scum at him. If we have multiple factions, 2 deathless nights and at the time I was thinking we had a super investigator role...it could have been a crazy role game.

Still likely is, just not to the degree I was thinking.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We've only killed one scumbag so far. He was a tremendous scumbag, but that leaves probably at least 3 right? If there's one scum team of at least 4 that RB on AVM would be essentially useless, no?

I made this point back in that string of posts - if 80 is a legit cop wanting to keep me alive and use Crush to roleblock doesn't make sense as a teammate could submit any night actions...with very few exceptions that's how scum NK's work.

I decided to spend tge rest of week in Tn and weekend in Asheville NC with my hippy hipster hybrid peeps. But TN = some crazy ass hillbillies. You'd think word of the pandemic hadn't reached any of them.. almost nobody wearing masks, god bless them

I was out side Memphis for work in MS, and same there, but I didnt wear one either. Day 2 I get to office and find out one of the guys I spent 6 hrs in a conference room with got sent home the following morning for covid testing 

Luckily my diet of red wine,  kale and berries should make me super immune but still, didnt take long for my first potential posure lol. 

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

I decided to spent the rest of week in Tn and weekend in Asheville NC. TN = some crazy ass hillbillies. You'd think word of the pandemic hadn't reached any of them.. almost nobody wearing masks, god bless them

I was out side Memphis for work in MS, and same there, but I didnt wear one either. Day 2 I get to office and find out one of the guys I spent 6 hrs in a conference room with got sent home the following morning for covid testing 

Luckily my diet of red wine,  kale and berries should make me super immune but still, didnt take long for my first potential posure lol. 

Lol. Memphis and MS there is unique. For sure. 

Since he and I are both dead: I wasn’t lying, it seemed contrived because he is humorless and I just was t into the volley-back thing. Now you know.

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I picked up a little change in his play. Not a specific post per say just the overall feel. He seem to be pushing the Cuck thing with Ape heavy and it felt contrived at times. Reason I also blocked Ape.

♥️No matter what. I’m out. Don’t know anything about setup. Good luck town!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Since he and I are both dead: I wasn’t lying, it seemed contrived because he is humorless and I just was t into the volley-back thing. Now you know.

♥️No matter what. I’m out. Don’t know anything about setup. Good luck town!

Thank you noble  Ape

• WTF? 1