Did you know?

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You’re spot on about the veal, My grandmother and my mom always called it breast of veal. Could that have been the same cut? It always had the ribs in though, never boneless.

your recipe sounds fantastic btw

I want to say it was a boneless loin.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, munchmemory said:

You're right.  Forgot we were dealing with Crusher in the middle of a food "jones".

To be fair it was at the end of a food Jones, satisfying the hunger was eminent, If it was the middle I probably would have scooped up the meatloaf with my bare hands and shoved  into my face running for the door again,   until Mrs Crusher got the dining room table taser and stopped another episode. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I want to say it was a boneless loin.  

Yeah, I talked to my mom this morning. She said the loin is the best one to use. She also said my aunts made it just like your mom did, without the chopped meat stuffing.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Did you know that if you have a meatloaf intenstine obstruction for too long you can and will sh*t out of your mouth?

its true happened to a friend. Minus the meatloaf. Or maybe it was meatloaf who knows

for the love of all that is good and holy, please don't mention this again.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Did you know that if you have a meatloaf intenstine obstruction for too long you can and will sh*t out of your mouth?

its true happened to a friend. Minus the meatloaf. Or maybe it was meatloaf who knows

Why are you here? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

so another talented musician from LI. Must be the water. 

didn't Namath have a house there when he played with the Jets?

and wasn't Gracins a bike ride away?

I'm not talented but I played with talented musicians.  

Never heard of Namath being in Bay Shore..  that would surprise me.  Gracins???  Not sure what that is.

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

YES SIR!!!!   Cold, put on some bread with ketchup. It's filet mignon for a poor 18 year old stoned off his gills.

Can’t say I ever did that. Back then  my post Partake GoTo was a box of these and a Quart of milk from Byrne Dairy. 

64232BC3-F886-49BA-8D52-35C22329D0AC.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Never heard of Namath being in Bay Shore..  that would surprise me.  Gracins???  Not sure what that is.

I’m up on Long Island for a few weeks, and I can’t believe what people in the NE have been dealing with during the pandemic.

I booked a round for tomorrow at Pine Ridge. Courses are crazy busy, but all the pro shops (and I’m assuming clubhouses) are closed. Walking or one to a cart.

Things are so different up here with covid  restrictions. We were blessed to be where we were through all of this.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Can’t say I ever did that. Back then  my post Partake GoTo was a box of these and a Quart of milk from Byrne Dairy. 

64232BC3-F886-49BA-8D52-35C22329D0AC.jpeg

I never was a fan of cremefilled snacks like those, or yodels, ring dings, and twinkies. Whipped or Butter creme frosting either.

Which is weird, because I could live very happily on a diet of sweets and salty snacks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I never was a fan of cremefilled snacks like those, or yodels, ring dings, and twinkies. Whipped or Butter creme frosting either.

Which is weird, because I could live very happily on a diet of sweets and salty snacks.

Back then those things were money. Now there trash. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Back then those things were money. Now there trash. 

I do remember watching SNL after a night of "experimenting with pot" and eating an entire large package of Oreo's with my brother.. yes, with milk.  I'd drop about three into the milk and then drink it.  Ahh.  the days.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I do remember watching SNL after a night of "experimenting with pot" and eating an entire large package of Oreo's with my brother.. yes, with milk.  I'd drop about three into the milk and then drink it.  Ahh.  the days.

Yes sir. That’s when Oreos were still amazing! I respect your skill sir! 

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Some people do that their whole life without the meatloaf.

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

so another talented musician from LI. Must be the water. 

didn't Namath have a house there when he played with the Jets?

and wasn't Gracins a bike ride away?

Never heard of Gracins either. Walt Michaels did live in Islip one town over.
Oh and the huge Entennman's Bakery Plant on 5th Ave would inundate at least a 1 1/2 mile radius with the smell of fresh baked cakes and cookies 5 days a week 24 /7 

entenmanns_logo.jpg

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Oh and the huge Entennman's Bakery Plant on 5th Ave would inundate at least a 1 1/2 mile radius with the smell of fresh baked cakes and cookies 5 days a week 24 /7 

entenmanns_logo.jpg

Entenmann’s actually has a bakery plant in Carolina now, I want to say Charlotte?

im still able to get my crumb cake, chocolate donut, and danish fixes down in North Myrtle Beach.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

entenmanns_logo.jpg

So I am a product of , (cough, cough) Brentwood HS. About a mile from the bakery, maybe closer. We would stand out side and smell the baked goods. GREAT stuff!!!

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Gracins was the best music store in the metropolitan area. Kinda like the anti-SamAsh. Much better treatment and prices. There was one on Sunrise Highway, maybe about too far west of you then? Don't remember the town, The south shore was a foreign land :) . They also were on 48th St. 

His name is ROBERT PAULSEN-

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/characters/nm0001533?ref_=tt_cl_t3

[V.O]  This is Bob. Bob had bitch t!ts.

[Camera pans to a REMAINING MEN TOGETHER sign] 

Narrator : [V.O]  This was a support group for men with testicular cancer. The big moosie slobbering all over me... that was Bob.

Robert 'Bob' Paulson : We're still men.

Narrator : [slightly muffled due to Bob's enormous breasts]  Yes, we're men. Men is what we are.

[V.O] 

Narrator : Eight months ago, Bob's testicles were removed. Then hormone therapy. He developed bitch t!ts because his testosterone was too high and his body upped the estrogen. And that was where I fit...

Robert 'Bob' Paulson : They're gonna have to open my pecs again to drain the fluid.

Narrator : [V.O]  Between those huge sweating t!ts that hung enormous, the way you'd think of God's as big.