***The Soccer (The Real Football) Thread***

On 1/6/2023 at 11:50 PM, BP said:

What do you guys think of the berhalter Reyna drama? They can’t bring him back after he ran gio under the bus after the World Cup 

Farcical. And it's not really a good look for a grown man to run home going "Mommy, mommy, the bad man won't play me in the World Cup! Do something!"

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the men's World Cup last year and Ted Lasso had me thinking that my opinion of soccer being incredibly boring was somewhat off base and provincial, along comes the women's World Cup to reinforce that the sport is about as exciting as watching grass grow.  The USWNFT plays three games totaling 300 minutes of play with exactly two goals scored - one for and one against.  And the last 210 minutes saw not a single solitary goal.  Yawwwwnnnn.  

• Thumb Down 1

On 8/6/2023 at 4:00 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

After the men's World Cup last year and Ted Lasso had me thinking that my opinion of soccer being incredibly boring was somewhat off base and provincial, along comes the women's World Cup to reinforce that the sport is about as exciting as watching grass grow.  The USWNFT plays three games totaling 300 minutes of play with exactly two goals scored - one for and one against.  And the last 210 minutes saw not a single solitary goal.  Yawwwwnnnn.  

Meh.

That is like judging the NFL on the Patriots' offense.  It was just bad football.

Politics aside, it got nothing out of its stars.  Bill Simmons went on an epic rant about Alex Morgan.  He said, outside of a 5-goal game against Thailand, she has like two goals in the last 12 years.  Rappinoe did nothing.  The team got old.  Relying on the legs of older players to get a threepeat was a mistake.  

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 11:00 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Is Ted Lasso the show where the guy from

SNL with a ridiculous fake mustache and fake southern accent talks to a bunch of naked British guys in a locker room?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...