Reset Again!

LRJets

1 minute ago, LRJets said:

Some teams went to reset and it's working. The Titans, Bills, Raiders, etc.

We seem to always be on reset and we stumble backwards.  As a long time Jets fan, i still cannot figure it out?

I bet it's a history of crappy owners!

Jets Snoopy.jpg

The Titans, Bills and Raiders all have quality HCs.  We don't.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LRJets said:

We seem to always be on reset and we stumble backwards.  As a long time Jets fan, i still cannot figure it out?

Jets Snoopy.jpg

51 years and counting we've been through more rebuilds than any team in the NFL.

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, LRJets said:

Jets Snoopy.jpg

For starters, every now and then we draft a good player and then end up never paying him (unless you’re lazy Mo). That’s guaranteeing we let our good draft picks get away while we overpay in FA. 

• Upvote 3

Yes, another reset.  It's the product of all of the arranged marriages made by the Johnson knuckleheads.  Coaches forced on GMs.  Assistant coaches forced on HC.  Searches for GM and HC led by headhunters, accountants and lawyers and a totally clueless owner.  This is all on the Johnson's.  

We will know shortly if the next reset even has a chance of working.  If it's led by the Johnson's it will have no chance of working.  If it's led by Douglas, there will be hope.

• Upvote 4

here is the jets rebuild process

hire a bad coach -we are great at that

look around at the team-any young players with skill get rid of them 

sign bad free agents to replace the talent we lost and convince fans jaqs like perriman are some how better than having Anderson

draft one good player a year at most and when you hit on that player you must get rid of him instead of paying him

our rebuilds always make our team worse

normal teams draft a young qb and try and secure weapons around him-not us we draft a qb who we expect to be the franchise and find the worst of the worst to put around him

Guys like Allen Murray are on the rise in a big way because their gms brought in stud wrs

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LRJets said:

Jets Snoopy.jpg

They got HCs that are respectable from winning in the past like Gruden, or in the case of Vrable or McDermott they took little time to get their teams winning and now are on solid winning courses that attract FA players or help home grow their own players. I am not sure what coach we can get that can that can get us on that path. We have the problem of both bad caching and bad players, and those players that are decent never see the field due to injury. That is forcing players to have to operate outside of what they should be doing like Darnold where he is trying to force balls in areas that cannot be done since our guys receiving never have much if any separation. I see other teams where skill players are wide open making it easy for a QB since it is just toss and catch. We never have that luxury and even I see a lot of contested passes by Darnold that are close enough to catch where most times our receivers don't make the catch. Maybe they need to be tougher and fight better for the ball. At least Darnold unlike some QBs doesn't overthrow them very often. IDK, I am at a loss with this team right now since yet another season is going to go down the tubes. We go through this Pandemic and still living through it it would have been nice to at least have football to give us something to be a little happy about. Looks like that is not happening any time soon. And I am a Knicks fan to boot. 

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

here is the jets rebuild process

hire a bad coach -we are great at that

look around at the team-any young players with skill get rid of them 

sign bad free agents to replace the talent we lost and convince fans jaqs like perriman are some how better than having Anderson

draft one good player a year at most and when you hit on that player you must get rid of him instead of paying him

our rebuilds always make our team worse

normal teams draft a young qb and try and secure weapons around him-not us we draft a qb who we expect to be the franchise and find the worst of the worst to put around him

Guys like Allen Murray are on the rise in a big way because their gms brought in stud wrs

This should be pinned as a "tl;dr" summary of the entire message board.