58 million for Nada

Jetster

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Or you let Gase do what he does best and lead this team to an 0 and 16 season. Then fire him. Macc and CJ picked him. Enough said.

You hire a coach that has a real offense and give him Trevor Lawrence.

You trade Sam Darnold for a 2nd rounder. You now have 6 picks in the first three rounds. This only works if you take the training wheels off of Joe Douglas.

I'm good with all of this if by Week 17 its clear that Gase has lost the locker room and there is evidence that with the injured players returned he isn't generating wins.  The goal is to improve.  While I like what I see from Gase managing a weak team under duress, it remains to be seen if he is the right guy for a strong team with talent when it happens.  He's under contract, we can do with him what we want.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The Johnson brothers won't lose a dime, next season tickets, parking and concessions will be increased. 

Couldn't be further from the truth.

0% chance they raise ticket prices or parking next year.

The season ticket holder base is smaller due to nobody in attendance this year.

PSL fees were waived this year.

They need a plan to generate revenue next year.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Couldn't be further from the truth.

0% chance they raise ticket prices or parking next year.

The season ticket holder base is smaller due to nobody in attendance this year.

PSL fees were waived this year.

They need a plan to generate revenue next year.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Have you been to the grocery store lately. Also this is the NY Jets. 

For the sake of those who are invested I surely hope not. 

Wow ... $52.5m contract for 863 rushing yards. That's about 16.5 yards for $1m.

Or to put it another way - over $13m per TD.

I know he may not see all that money but still ... has to rate as one of the worst value contracts ever. So unlike Macc.  ;-) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Welcome to the Mike Maccagnan Museum of Incompetence! It's gonna take at least 3 years, if all goes well, to come out from under the gigantic mess he left.

However, Gase and JD are not blameless in all this, and their share of the blame grows by the week.

This was a confluence of Macagnan stupidity and Gase just having horrible people/management skills

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Todd Bowles did better with Mac’s crap sandwich, and he didn’t create mutinies in the locker room while shipping out all the best players 

aG is NOT head coach material 

Gase has done the impossible and made Bowles look good

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I didn't watch the Sunday game live, I watched it on Gamepass. When do we start blaming players for not DOING THEIR JOBS! How many passes does this team drop on 3rd down? How many breakdowns can you have in coverage, how many missed blocks do we have on short yardage? How many penalties? Joe Flacco has been around long enough that that 5 yard delay WAS ON HIM! These guys have been playing football all their lives. Joe D has 11 more games to find some keepers, the rest are fighting for their NFL lives. Can Gase catch the f*cking ball for Herndon & Smith? Did you see the catches being made by the Titans WRs last night? Damn right Gase is blaming the players! You watch the games, you see the drops or the missed assignments in blocking. Perine needs to know how to pass block, THATS WHY GORE IS IN THERE! Until Gase gets to at least coach a team at 98% health JUST ONCE I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. The defense is HORRID! I want to see just 1 game, Perriman, Mims, Crowder, V.Smith, on the field with our STARTING OLINE of Becton-Lewis-McGovern- (hopefully Clark)-Fant. 

Now if we have our projected starting lineup & we continue to go 3 & out, scoring 10 points a game then & only then can I get a fix on this coach. Why you guys wanted to get Bell more passes out of the backfield I have no Idea, because like another poster said, "he looked like he had a Steinway on his back". Crowder has 3/5 games over 100 yards, just once I want to see Perriman, Mims & V.Smith (Healthy) out there with him. 

Well, assuming what you say is accurate these same statements can be applied to Sam Darnold.

If the talent is so horrific then this impacts your QB and who he is willing to even look towards on the field regardless if they are open or not right?

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

28 million for Bell, 30 million so far for Mosely

And the Jets got NOTHING! 

Says it all. 

This board needs to re-read this post every year 2-3 days into free agency instead of the annual "Why haven't we signed anyone?" panic.  You don't build an NFL team in free agency.  Teams are built in the draft.  You can fill a hole in free agency, but can't upgrade a roster.  There is a reason most players hit free agency.  Except for the rare cap casualties, free agents are another team's trash. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Well, assuming what you say is accurate these same statements can be applied to Sam Darnold.

If the talent is so horrific then this impacts your QB and who he is willing to even look towards on the field regardless if they are open or not right?

The issue with Darnold is that the Jets have wasted his rookie contract years without being able to determine whether he is a viable starting NFL QB.  My guess is that Darnold may be the next Tannehill and will succeed to some degree on another team that has talent but needs a QB (say Indy next year or TB or Chicago).

• Post of the Week 1