Interesting Take on Tua

Was listening to Anita Marks yesterday. I find her a pretty good listen. She had on a guy(whose name escapes me) who was an NFL scout for 30 years for the Giants. In his mind, he had Tua rated a distant 3rd behind Burrow and Herbert. Chief reason was that Burrow and Herbert did more with less. He said his honest opinion was that Tua is not a difference maker like the other two guys are. Thinks he can be good, but not great. Pretty damning evaluation for  a QB you take 5th overall. I wanted her to ask him about Sam, but it never came up.

• Sympathy 2

Say some out there that reckon the Phins are giving Tua a 10-game audition. Hence the QB change at 3-3. If Tua stinks, they may consider drafting another QB if the Houston pick is in the top 4 range? 

Seems kind of far out there that could move on from Tua so quickly but if that Houston pick could be used on Fields or somone, why not flip Tua for picks?

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, section314 said:

Was listening to Anita Marks yesterday. I find her a pretty good listen. She had on a guy(whose name escapes me) who was an NFL scout for 30 years for the Giants. In his mind, he had Tua rated a distant 3rd behind Burrow and Herbert. Chief reason was that Burrow and Herbert did more with less. He said his honest opinion was that Tua is not a difference maker like the other two guys are. Thinks he can be good, but not great. Pretty damning evaluation for  a QB you take 5th overall. I wanted her to ask him about Sam, but it never came up.

Well TL has a stacked team...is that damning?

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

When Tua went out, the backup QB came in and they really didn't miss a beat.You did see Clemson yesterday with their backup, right?

Yea...

Uiagalelei finished with 341 passing yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, including turning the game in the third quarter with a 30-yard touchdown run on a fourth down and hitting Amari Rodgers for an eight-yard touchdown. He finished 30-for-41 passing on the day. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Best prospects in the work will flame-out in the wrong environment, while nobodies can thrive in the right one.

It’ll be interesting to see how each of the Bengals, Chargers and Dolphins support their rookie QBs.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Yea...

Uiagalelei finished with 341 passing yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, including turning the game in the third quarter with a 30-yard touchdown run on a fourth down and hitting Amari Rodgers for an eight-yard touchdown. He finished 30-for-41 passing on the day. 

He had a nice game. My point is it was a very interesting observation for a scout to say that he didn't think a guy taken that high, especially at the QB position, isn't a difference maker. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever heard that said . Nothing against Tua, just thought it was so different.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Well...I think today's game will tell. He's had 6 games and a by week to prepare.

Tell what ? He's a rookie who will be making his 1st NFL start. You'd base he's future outlook on today's game ? Seriously? Glad you weren't around when Peyton started out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Not a difference maker? Alabama would have won the championship with a healthy Tua at QB.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Yea...

Was the fumble on the goal line handoff his fault? That was a 14 point swing right there. He fumbled and he was sacked. The game would have been a blowout with Lawrence in the game.