Alex Lewis

On 12/22/2020 at 12:58 PM, jetscrazey said:

Elfein seems like a decent run blocker but a liability in pass blocking, which is why they've done well running to the left side recently.

I want to see the Jets get a solid LG who can both run and pass block.  That would make running off the left a staple of this offense with Becton in there too.

Draft Sewell and we can run to either side without the defense knowing which one it is

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Draft Sewell and we can run to either side without the defense knowing which one it is

I'm all for that.  Either you take the elite OL with the 1st pick or you take an elite skill position guy like JaMarr Chase.  I could live with both but starting with OL seems like the more sensible thing to do.

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

Clark should have came in when Lewis went down.

He doesn't seem to be ready.  The Jets have preferred all of Alex Lewis, GVR, Josh Andrews, and now Pat Elflein over Clark.  I don't think he's seen a snap, has he?

The middle of this past Draft seems like a serious problem right now.  How many of Ashtyn Davis, Perine, Clark, Zuniga, and Morgan do we expect to see become starters?  Right now I'd be shocked if it turns out to be more than one or two.  This will be a huge offseason coming up for those 5 guys.

16 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He doesn't seem to be ready.  The Jets have preferred all of Alex Lewis, GVR, Josh Andrews, and now Pat Elflein over Clark.  I don't think he's seen a snap, has he?

The middle of this past Draft seems like a serious problem right now.  How many of Ashtyn Davis, Perine, Clark, Zuniga, and Morgan do we expect to see become starters?  Right now I'd be shocked if it turns out to be more than one or two.  This will be a huge offseason coming up for those 5 guys.

So you think Gase know's if a player is ready or not? Haha...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2020 at 12:58 PM, jetscrazey said:

Elfein seems like a decent run blocker but a liability in pass blocking, which is why they've done well running to the left side recently.

I want to see the Jets get a solid LG who can both run and pass block.  That would make running off the left a staple of this offense with Becton in there too.

Wyatt Davis or Trey Smith but they'd have to be taken early in round 1 or 2.  Lot of good OL in this draft. We can wait until round 3. We need an edge, WR and a CB with 25, 34, and that first third rounder. 

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree of course but I'm hoping it's more on Gase's mismanagement than on the talent of these draftees.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Curious if Lewis’s issues had an adverse effect on the cohesiveness of the O line group.

Removing the multi year starter at LG / offensive emotional leader had more of a negative affect on cohesion than hot swapping pat elflein fresh from waivers would help it 

Lewis was playing poorly However that much can't be denied 

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Removing the multi year starter at LG / offensive emotional leader had more of a negative affect on cohesion than hot swapping pat elflein fresh from waivers would help it 

Lewis was playing poorly However that much can't be denied 

I don’t know enough about the leadership roles and inner workings of the O line, but I’ve felt that it was a leaderless group the past two seasons. How do you know Lewis was viewed as a leader by the group?

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don’t know enough about the leadership roles and inner workings of the O line, but I’ve felt that it was a leaderless group the past two seasons. How do you know Lewis was viewed as a leader by the group?

Look at the team from last year it was Alex Lewis leading the pre game warmups with Adams 

shreiking, screaming like a total a-hole 

he wasn't just a leader of the line he was a leader of the offense and perhaps the whole team 

but don't worry the 2020 Jets gave the captain patch to

*checks notes*

George Fant and Sam Darnold instead 

those vocal leaders of men 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Look at the team from last year it was Alex Lewis leading the pre game warmups with Adams 

shreiking, screaming like a total a-hole 

he wasn't just a leader of the line he was a leader of the offense and perhaps the whole team 

but don't worry the 2020 Jets gave the captain patch to

*checks notes*

George Fant and Sam Darnold instead 

those vocal leaders of men 

You lost me at equating Lewis’s leadership skill to Adams. Adams teammates did not consider him a leader despite his antics. How do you know it wasn’t the same for Lewis?

• Sympathy 1