Alex Lewis

Elfein seems like a decent run blocker but a liability in pass blocking, which is why they've done well running to the left side recently.

I want to see the Jets get a solid LG who can both run and pass block.  That would make running off the left a staple of this offense with Becton in there too.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

I may have missed it. Is he done for the season?  Eiffen was getting abused on Sunday.  We basically handled the rams DL with 4 OL imo.

don't know what happened but at some point Alex Lewis found himself super deep in Gase's dog house

I understand Elflein (maybe) but there's no reason why he should be benched in favor of Josh Andrews at RG  

it was probably something he said 

which is a shame because this time last year he was the emotional leader in the offensive huddle 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

don't know what happened but at some point Alex Lewis found himself super deep in Gase's dog house

I understand Elflein (maybe) but there's no reason why he should be benched in favor of Josh Andrews at RG  

which is a shame because this time last year he was the emotional leader in the offensive huddle 

He must've done something right

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Thanks, I do remember hearing about him getting into it with gase and him being inactive because of it.  Just wondering if he is done for the season or week to week for the next 2 games.

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Elfein seems like a decent run blocker but a liability in pass blocking, which is why they've done well running to the left side recently.

I want to see the Jets get a solid LG who can both run and pass block.  That would make running off the left a staple of this offense with Becton in there too.

he wasnt as bad in run blocking but there were a few runs where he was just standing over the pile.  Becton blocked better with his one hand.

11 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Lewis is not with the team currently, while he deals with an off the field issue. Sounds like he has some mental health issues potentially that he's dealing with. He's done for the year.

I think its Gase-itis....a disease like COVID that is very contagious and harmful to your mental and physical football capacity.  Which explains all of the players we have on IR. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Lewis is not with the team currently, while he deals with an off the field issue. Sounds like he has some mental health issues potentially that he's dealing with. He's done for the year.

Mekhi said that real LG's don't deal with off-the-field issues.

33 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Maybe Cam Clarke?  Or is he a RG?

I'd don't expect to see Lewis again in the Green and White.

I suspect he had a substance abuse or psych issue (which Gase could drive anybody to do, sorry if that's insensitive).  either way he is unreliable and is due $7 mill next season with $1.6 mill dead cap hit if cut which isn't too bad.  I think JD makes a major play for Scherff or Thuney and the other guard spot gets filled either by Clark, GVR or perhaps Elfein resigning, or rookie.

Elfein has looked good in the run game but I've read his pass blocking is suspect.  He seems better than Lewis which is damning to Lewis' future in concert with his recent issues. 

Good news is Mcgovern has improved so we have Mekhi and him, the other 3 spots are wide open for improvement. 

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Okay. But apparently Alex Lewis is going through something

Yes he's going through the deprivation of game checks 

Whatever happened to Alex Lewis, the Jets putting him on the nfi list means the team believes it was preexisting or happens outside of football so they are not paying him while he is away from the team 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes he's going through the deprivation of game checks 

Whatever happened to Alex Lewis, the Jets putting him on the nfi list means the team believes it was preexisting or happens outside of football so they are not paying him while he is away from the team 

They put him on the list specifically so they could pay him while he’s away from the team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

They put him on the list specifically so they could pay him while he’s away from the team.

I'm pretty sure that's not what nfi means 

Non football injury 

Like going hang gliding 

But I have been wrong before. Active nfi vs reserve nfi? Does that make a difference? Honest question idk

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Wish list is FA Thuney and another G within our late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder. If not there 3rd round, since we also could use draft prospects on Oline of RT and C.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Not sure it is the dog house as much as it is a personal issue. I don't think he is with the team right now.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Sorry but if you're doubting the play of Elflein you haven't been watching lately.  He and Becton

have been an excellent team and totally neutralized Donald on Sunday

honestly, I must have missed it although my focus is usually on the seeing what becton is doing so the left side of the Oline.  It seems like becton was doing both of their jobs out there.  I do recall him missing blocks and getting just bulldozed on a pass rush.  Maybe I just caught his bad plays though which is what they say about Oline... You only realize their mistakes

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I'm pretty sure that's not what nfi means 

Non football injury 

Like going hang gliding 

But I have been wrong before. Active nfi vs reserve nfi? Does that make a difference? Honest question idk

They put him on the list in order to keep him rostered. Apparently, they didn’t have to pay him but they are doing so, it’s been reported.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoePNYJ1 said:

It boggles my mind why Cam Clark continues not to play.  He cannot be worse than the guys on the active roster.  Probably has Gase-itis.

I'm with you. When you spend a 4th round pick on a player intended to play G, he should be in the rotation, if not starting, by the end of the year. Cam has not been on the field all year despite the problems the Jets have had at G. Heck, they don't even let Clark play the line for field goals. There is a part to this story that we are not getting.  

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, kdels62 said:

They put him on the list in order to keep him rostered. Apparently, they didn’t have to pay him but they are doing so, it’s been reported.

Thx for the research. I know nfi has been used to pay cancer guys like Marcus cannon or David quessenberry. 

To keep Alex Lewis paid is a good thing at least for him 

22 hours ago, fullblast said:

Playing for Gase would cause anyone to have mental health issues.  He just didn't hide it as well as the others.