Please Explain: Why Must We Wait One More Day for the Inevitable?

34 minutes ago, Lil Bit Special said:

Jets plane leaving Massachusetts at 630pm

Expected at Newark about 730pm

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/id/UAL2534-1609488550-fa-0003

It's about a 20-25 minute ride from Newark to Florham Park.

So he should be fired before halftime of the Sunday Night game

Flight has been delayed until 7pm.  Probably stopped at the rest area on 95 near the Bedford airport to kick Gase off the bus. Or get some snacks.

Expect the firing right after halftime of the Sunday Night game

My guess is because in the building, unlike the “universal agreement” of dumb fans, they know this mess isn’t really his fault, so while the firing will come, as you just can’t bring him back - they’re going to do everything in their power to handle it professionally and with class.  Which, regardless of how you feel about the job he’s done here, he has earned.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

My guess is because in the building, unlike the “universal agreement” of dumb fans, they know this mess isn’t really his fault, so while the firing will come, as you just can’t bring him back - they’re going to do everything in their power to handle it professionally and with class.  Which, regardless of how you feel about the job he’s done here, he has earned.

Gase has done a great job.

• Thumb Down 2

While I am not a fan of Gase as a coach, he has been a good soldier and hasn’t bitched about the horrible team he has been given to coach. I’m sure JD and the Johnsons appreciate that and want to reciprocate by letting him go with as much class as possible.

• Upvote 1