Brant Boyer is he Coming back??

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

But Greenbean  Boyer was kind of the Anti Bowles/Gase :)   Remember Westhoff stuck through a few coaching staff's because he was a known ST Coach and motivator who took sh*t from no one. Maybe Saleh will like Boyer's fire in practice and on the sidelines we'll just have to wait and see.

“All Gas, No Brake”

scared ruffles GIF

• Haha 3

On 1/21/2021 at 5:32 PM, Beerfish said:

Maybe because our specials are not good at all.  I am surprised at the number of people that love this guy.

FG kicking bad

punting bad

return game bad

Coaches dont change kickers, bad kickers kick badly.

Its so wrong to keep whining about punting, it wasnt bad.

The thing with specials, you need talent there too.  Lower picks have to play STs and they are the reason STs play well.  Lack of talent elsewhere and start 5th and 6th string draftees that usually play specials and use them at CB, wherever and specials suffer

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

But Greenbean  Boyer was kind of the Anti Bowles/Gase :)   Remember Westhoff stuck through a few coaching staff's because he was a known ST Coach and motivator who took sh*t from no one. Maybe Saleh will like Boyer's fire in practice and on the sidelines we'll just have to wait and see.

Sure. Like I said, I wouldn't be upset about it or anything, but I would support a complete house cleaning. Boyer just might have become a good old fashioned loser. lol 

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 7:07 PM, Beerfish said:

Agreed so the fact that the jets were like 27th in net punting avg and 30th in punting average and had fg kickers we  were looking to replace the last few years.  About 17th in punt return avg from regular punt returners.  Middle of the pack fg %

I get people not being happy with Mann's production this year, but it is kind of hard to rip on the guy when he produced a Pro Bowl kicker and returner and they let both walk.  I'm pretty sure that he wasn't on board with that decision.  I think that Berios was pretty good in 2019, if pedestrian last season.

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

@Smashmouth Thanks for the NegRep mate.   Sorry I didn't recall the name of our old mediocre Gase-staff Special Teams Coach.  /shrug

Don;t care if he's kept, Special weren't very special, we can and should do better.

He's been here for five years.  He predates Gase by a pretty good margin.

I'm fine with this, just as long as the decision was left completely up to Saleh.  I'm mostly indifferent to Boyer, as there have been ups and downs on ST throughout his time here, so arguments could be easily enough made in either direction.

Regardless, one point that seriously comes without question is JD needs to dramatically improve what he does at ST positions.  Kicker has been a complete disaster these last 2 years, and they used a draft pick on Mann who turned out to be a substantial downgrade from Edwards, who they easily could've kept.