Brant Boyer is he Coming back??

10 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm I really like Brant Boyer as a coach.  I want him back!   

Has anyone heard anything about ST?

Not decided yet, apparently. He might be kept, or he might go. Secondary coach Dennard Wilson is in the same situation.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

He has got a surprising amount of haters.   

Want him back as well. Probably good news we haven't heard a replacement

They don't understand that Gase's coaching impacted the entire team!

Just see  how the mere hire of Saleh has changed the perception of the team and in the inverse position ----the Gase situation hurt the Jets and the team.

Boyer has been outstanding IMO with this being the only slightly down year performance based upon his own overachieving standards.

I was really hoping that the Jets would have made him the HC before Adam Gase that was how high I had him in my thinking then.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

He has got a surprising amount of haters.   

Want him back as well. Probably good news we haven't heard a replacement

Maybe because our specials are not good at all.  I am surprised at the number of people that love this guy.

FG kicking bad

punting bad

return game bad

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, neweypie said:

Have any of our coaches been picked up by other teams? I understand that three Atlanta coaches have been made co-coordinators and their results weren't great this year.

Last year's Oline coach signed with the Bengals. Can't remember seeing anyone else getting picked up elsewhere so far.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe because our specials are not good at all.  I am surprised at the number of people that love this guy.

FG kicking bad

punting bad

return game bad

Ummmmmmm I strongly strongly disagree...

Simple.........Boyer has overseen a unit that was in the league's top five each of the last two seasons, according to FootballOutsiders.com, which compiles the statistics in five categories of special teams.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, neweypie said:

Have any of our coaches been picked up by other teams? I understand that three Atlanta coaches have been made co-coordinators and their results weren't great this year.

Don't forget, Dan Quinn put together a staff that went to the Super Bowl. He had good coaches.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmmm I strongly strongly disagree...

Simple.........Boyer has overseen a unit that was in the league's top five each of the last two seasons, according to FootballOutsiders.com, which compiles the statistics in five categories of special teams.

Not sure what metrics they are using but they are phony and faulty if that is the case.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I have heard it said that.....

Men lie,women lie,numbers don't.-Jay-Z www.quotesboat.com | Jay z quotes,  Rap quotes, Men lie

:) 

Agreed so the fact that the jets were like 27th in net punting avg and 30th in punting average and had fg kickers we  were looking to replace the last few years.  About 17th in punt return avg from regular punt returners.  Middle of the pack fg %

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Agreed so the fact that the jets were like 27th in net punting avg and 30th in punting average and had fg kickers we  were looking to replace the last few years.  About 17th in punt return avg from regular punt returners.  Middle of the pack fg %

Holy sh*t this is 2 times now Punting and kicking are another situation. The jets have had above average Coverage and return teams Boyer does not Select the Kicker or the Punter if they suck they will be replaced not the ST coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Holy sh*t this is 2 times now Punting and kicking are another situation. The jets have had above average Coverage and return teams Boyer does not Select the Kicker or the Punter if they suck they will be replaced not the ST coach.

They certainly do not have an above average return game.

Our punters claim to fame is making at least 4 td saving tackles.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They certainly do not have an above average return game.

Our punters claim to fame is making at least 4 td saving tackles.

over the time Boyer has been here we had some decent returners that now play for other teams they did well here and once again ya can't blame Boyer for getting players taken out from under him. Did Roberts do well here ? Did he do as well with his current team as he did with the Jets ?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm I really like Brant Boyer as a coach.  I want him back!   

Has anyone heard anything about ST?

My thought is that a nice old fashioned house cleaning includes the basement.  You can clean the whole main floor and still wonder where the stink is coming from. 

Boyer is a decent coach but he's got the stink of Bowles, Maccagnan and Gase all over him.  If Saleh and Jd want to keep him thats fine, but I would be perfectly fine pushing him out the door with the rest of the trash.  (not saying he is trash) 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Saw this blurb buried in a story:

Saleh has yet to hire a special teams coordinator, but said he will retain Brant Boyer, who has been with the Jets since 2016, when former coach Todd Bowles hired him. He said he is also considering retaining defensive backs coach Dennard Wilson, who has been with the Jets since 2017.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/jets-gm-joe-douglas-gains-organizational-power/

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people think that just because a HC stinks, and gets fired, that every coach on the staff stinks too. On another topic, what's your feeling on the PSU TE this year? Where do you see him getting picked? I've seen him mocked from 1-3.

• Upvote 3

Both Boyer and Dennard Wilson need to come back.  Excellent coaches
from my observations of them during camp:

- Good balance in their communication between ripping and encouraging

- They break down what they want simple enough to where a non-player
(me) can understand

- Kept their drills different/fresh so that boredom didn't set in

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Both Boyer and Dennard Wilson need to come back.  Excellent coaches
from my observations of them during camp:

- Good balance in their communication between ripping and encouraging

- They break down what they want simple enough to where a non-player
(me) can understand

- Kept their drills different/fresh so that boredom didn't set in

Has Saleh talked to you yet about giving up covering the team and learning the Cover 3??

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, section314 said:

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people think that just because a HC stinks, and gets fired, that every coach on the staff stinks too. On another topic, what's your feeling on the PSU TE this year? Where do you see him getting picked? I've seen him mocked from 1-3.

Friermuth is a good, not great tight end. Early in the year I had seen some mocks taking as high as late first round or second round. I see none of that. He is not close to the tight end that Gesicki was in college.

What Friermuth does well is body the ball up and has great hands. He positions his body well for a catch and can high point a ball. The biggest detraction is that he just does not have quickness nor is nimble. Once he catches the ball, defenders close on him quickly and he absorbs a lot of hits. That was why he was injured the last half of last season. Blocking is ok, but needs to be improved, and you would think he can get better at that if properly coached. 

I would not take him higher than mid3rd round. But, I say that without knowing the crop of other tight ends in this class.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Saleh has yet to hire a special teams coordinator, but said he will retain Brant Boyer, who has been with the Jets since 2016, when former coach Todd Bowles hired him. He said he is also considering retaining defensive backs coach Dennard Wilson, who has been with the Jets since 2017.

Thank you...

This might actually help Boyer become a HC one day.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/22/2021 at 12:14 AM, GREENBEAN said:

My thought is that a nice old fashioned house cleaning includes the basement.  You can clean the whole main floor and still wonder where the stink is coming from. 

Boyer is a decent coach but he's got the stink of Bowles, Maccagnan and Gase all over him.  If Saleh and Jd want to keep him thats fine, but I would be perfectly fine pushing him out the door with the rest of the trash.  (not saying he is trash) 

But Greenbean  Boyer was kind of the Anti Bowles/Gase :)   Remember Westhoff stuck through a few coaching staff's because he was a known ST Coach and motivator who took sh*t from no one. Maybe Saleh will like Boyer's fire in practice and on the sidelines we'll just have to wait and see.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

The way this reads its unclear in what capacity Boyer will stay with the team. "Yet to hire" but will retain Boyer ? So is he still going to hire a ST coach and keep Boyer somewhere else ? These journalists, or should I say so called journalists get worse by the day.

• Upvote 1