Quarantine Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER)

I’m fine with being the lynch today as I think we’ve got a pretty overwhelming advantage and losing me shouldn’t hurt that. That said I went back and reread everybody that isn’t a claimed mason/doc/god to see if we can’t PoE this thing out. Thoughts:

From the jump don’t think I’m voting Crusher or GS today. Both have mentioned things about their role that line up with mine. Certainly possible 80 gave scum fake claims that match up but there’s been no evidence of that yet with the three scum who got got and I’m comfortable dealing with that possibility later on.

Of the rest:

Barry: Not towards at the top of my list but some things giving me pause from putting him in my town pile. I like that he chose Nyn on D1 at a time when there were 3 competing trains (Nyn, Pac, Nolder) a lot. Also like his questions about CTM’s reveal, particularly over why CTM didn’t get infected when he tracked Crusher. I know that it now seems the PRs don’t infect each other with visits given CTMs flip, but I was operating under a similar assumption and he seemed genuine on his thoughts on this. The things giving me pause are a) he chose to go with the vote in Stark over Drums to open up D2 and his reasoning was similar to the same CTM gave (I.e. both are good options but I like this one more); and b) the way he played CTM/Pac has some parallels to the way he played a similar either or scenario in a different game between me/Spoot. He was on Spoots team in that one, unvoted, then ultimately sided with me.

Ape - lean town here. Early adopter on the Nyn train, his reasoning for sticking there tracks with how I was reading Nyn. Held off on voting Stark and instead built a competing train on Drums. Didn’t buy the CTM reveal. Maybe a little too clean but not going to tin foil it.

JC - Stuck with his vote on Pac and said Pac still needed to die even after Nyn’s flip and PAC’s claim. Was quick to jump on the Stark train to open D2 without comment. Weird vote on JiF after the mason reveal. Gave early credence to CTM’s claim by saying something like “things just got interesting” but didn’t really question anything in particular about it. Continued fence sitting with his unvote and saying he leaned toward CTM being the liar but wanted to just lynch Pac anyway. Ultimately moved his vote to CTM as the writing on the wall started to appear. He’s in my top 2.

BUM - if he’s playing the confused noob card he’s doing a good job of it. Definitely engaged. Little pause over his D1 emo but leaning town.

Verbal - not much there but what is there I don’t like. sat out deadline vote on D1 even though he was around an hour before and then an hour later posted some suss on Nolder after Nyn flipped scum. Low hanging fruit vote on JC for him voting a mason, then floating the theory that CTM/Pac was contrived (not that I don’t think it’s possible, but that’s tin foil for well down the line).

JVOR/Gata - again basically nothing to go off of. GATA did have one post that kings in hindsight, where she made it Pac vs Nyn and voted Pac. This was before Pac claimed, but I also think Nolder was still up there in votes at the time and her leaving him out could have been a way to just play her vote off as anti-Pac lulz. Need to see how JVOR plays though.

So: JC or Verb for me today, with Barry a distant 3rd.

Vote Verb 

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why did you feel the need to bring up your reveal in the middle of CTM vs. Pac? It was an unnecessary distraction.

If you'll recall, I was trying to get to the bottom of JiF's "sexy sexy time" survival of his mason's death. JiF called me dumb, Pac called me dumb, Smash called me dumb.  My reveal was to confirm that I have no ******* clue what's going on in this game.   

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

We didn't have any confidence in Pac's alignment until CTM flipped.  I voted him Day 1 for inactivity plus the self vote.  Is that too difficult for your mind to understand?  Self-voters are scummy because it does not help town in any way, shape or form.  You seem to want to make a case based upon knowledge I didn't have then and that comes across scummy in my book.   

No there's more to making a case on you than the Pac vote.

Gotta drive home from work now, but i will be back in an hour or so.

We didn't have any confidence in Pac's alignment until CTM flipped.  I voted him Day 1 for inactivity plus the self vote.  Is that too difficult for your mind to understand?  Self-voters are scummy because it does not help town in any way, shape or form.  You seem to want to make a case based upon knowledge I didn't have then and that comes across scummy in my book.   

Gotta drive home from work now, but i will be back on in an hour or so. 

9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Verbal - not much there but what is there I don’t like. sat out deadline vote on D1 even though he was around an hour before and then an hour later posted some suss on Nolder after Nyn flipped scum. Low hanging fruit vote on JC for him voting a mason, then floating the theory that CTM/Pac was contrived (not that I don’t think it’s possible, but that’s tin foil for well down the line).

If it seems too easy to vote somebody for being obviously scummy, you should wonder if perhaps they're honest town instead.

Just a thought.  ;-)

21 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Did you just get gayer over time and I missed something? I mean, happily support all that, but things seemed to jump straight from innocent boopsielove to jam that rod into my anus real fast.

We're all susceptible to Flanderization here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanderization

Flanderization is the process through which a fictional character's essential traits are simplified over the course of a serial work. The term flanderization was coined by TV Tropes in reference to Ned Flanders of The Simpsons, who was caricatured over the show's run from a good neighbor who was religious among other characteristics into an evangelical "bible-thumper". Flanderization has been analyzed as an aspect of serial works, especially television comedies, that shows a work's decline.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

FINAL Day 1 Vote Count

Nyn (7) - Pac, Ape, Crusher, Barry, JiF, CTM, Jvill

Pac (6) - JC, GATA, Greenseed, Stark, Drums, Nyn

Barry (2) - Ballin, BUM

Crusher (1) - Spoot

JC (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (3) - Nolder, Verbal, Smash

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.

Deadline:  Tuesday, 4 PM EST / 1 PM NST

Looking back, was actually a pretty clutch vote from Jvill at the end of day one to lynch nyn over pac right before the deadline when it was likely sort of chaotic. 

• Upvote 2