Zach Wilson Medical Check (April 8-10)

I think they want Wilson but also are impressed by Fields.  Truth be told I think we are a excellent situation as there are 2 players with franchise quarterback potential (some might say 4 adding Mac Jones and Trey Lance) that they get to choose from.  They really are in a  Win Win position right now. 

I believe that is part of the reason they traded Darnold before Wilson physical, because they know they really can't go wrong with either Wilson or Fields.   If there the slightest worry about Wilson Medically or if they also get stuck on size and build (A mistake in my opinion) they will pivot to Fields and probably not miss a beat.  That's how I see it. 

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Once again, this has nothing to do with how people feel. Whether you like Wilson or Fields, it doesn't matter. We can't control sh*t. I'd love Fields too. I like both Wilson and Fields. But the pick is 100% going to be Wilson whether we like it or not. Liking someone has nothing to do with what the Jets are thinking.

20 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Completely different situations, other than the Browns owner chatting with Sam's parents there was nothing tangible to indicate that Darnold was the pick. My QB evaluation skills are irrelevant. Common sense of actual events makes it clear that Wilson is the Jets QB. Thinking Fields has a chance of being the pick is equivalent to thinking Trump can still win the election. Delusional. I have no problem with you making an argument that Fields will be the better player, but to think the pick isn't Wilson at this point is completely laughable. 

No one one’s confused about how you two see it. Doesn’t mean you need to walk into every thread like some know it all freshman prick. things could change. There’s many instances Of shifting narratives in the last month, medicals that surface..., it all might seem unlikely but it’s still a message board where people should feel free to speculate and conversate without you two f*ckholes walking in with your arms folded 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

No one one’s  confused about how you two see it. Doesn’t mean you need to walk into every thread like some know it all freshman prick. Lots of things could change. There’s many instances I’m shifting narratives in the last month, medicals that surface..., it all might seem unlikely but it’s still a message board where people should feel free to speculate and conversate without you to fckholes walking in with your arms folded 

It's not about seeing it, it's like how your boy Jiff says, it's fact. Schefter basically confirmed it. Just like you were wrong about the team trading down for Pitts, you're wrong about this. You can prick this and ****hole that all you want, but Zach Wilson is going to get drafted by the Jets. You might as well continuing speculating about the 49ers still trading up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

No one one’s  confused about how you two see it. Doesn’t mean you need to walk into every thread like some know it all freshman prick. Lots of things could change. There’s many instances I’m shifting narratives in the last month, medicals that surface..., it all might seem unlikely but it’s still a message board where people should feel free to speculate and conversate without you to fckholes walking in with your arms folded 

Great post lol.  It does get a little annoying reading certain posters stating it is a foregone conclusion that Wilson is the pick.  Truthfully I think they could be right, but keep saying it over and over is a bit tiresome.  As you stated, THINGS CAN CHANGE.  I fully expect Wilson unless the medical rings some alarms, which could happen.   Then they have to really think this pick through; and perhaps decide to go with the bigger, better athlete, all things being somewhat equal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

It's not about seeing it, it's like how your boy Jiff says, it's fact. Schefter basically confirmed it. Just like you were wrong about the team trading down for Pitts, you're wrong about this. You can prick this and ****hole that all you want, but Zach Wilson is going to get drafted by the Jets. You might as well continuing speculating about the 49ers still trading up. 

It’s not over till your fat mom sings. If ppl want to talk about it, they can talk about it without you need to insert your stupid face into every thread. EVERYONE understands your position. There’s the door—

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Great post lol.  It does get a little annoying reading certain posters stating it is a foregone conclusion that Wilson is the pick.  Truthfully I think they could be right, but keep saying it over and over is a bit tiresome.  As you stated, THINGS CAN CHANGE.  I fully expect Wilson unless the medical rings some alarms, which could happen.   Then they have to really think this pick through; and perhaps decide to go with the bigger, better athlete, all things being somewhat equal. 

Drawing up baseless hypothetical situations is a pointless conversation. If Zach Wilson decides to retire next week, then I guess Fields can be the pick, sure. Great. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It’s not over till your fat mom sings. If ppl want to talk about it, they can talk about it without you need to insert your stupid face into every thread. EVERYONE understands your position. There’s the door—

So how should hone respond to your position? "Gee wiz, I guess that's possible." Lol ok?

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

No what is annoying is posters ignoring the facts and pretending like something that has a less than 0.01% chance of happening does in fact have a chance to happen. Yes, if Wilson gets struck by lightning and tears his labrum in the next 20 days the pick will be Mac Jones, I agree. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

No what is annoying is posters ignoring the facts and pretending like something that has a less than 0.01% chance of happening does in fact have a chance to happen. Yes, if Wilson gets struck by lightning and tears his labrum in the next 20 days the pick will be Mac Jones, I agree. 

Okay Dude, you have keep saying you are right. I get it. You can move on now. 

6 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

So how should hone respond to your position? "Gee wiz, I guess that's possible." Lol ok?

No you can just Fck off.  It’s not like this is a new concept in your life. If ppl want to speculate on Andrew Luck coming out of retirement and signing with the Jets - they can do that. You can just... not comment. Imagine that. Shutting up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Paradis said:

No you can just Fck off.  It’s like this is a new concept in your life. If ppl want to speculate on Andrew Luck coming out of retirement and signing with the Jets - they can do that. You can just... not comment. Imagine that. Shutting up. 

So I can't respond in a forum? You're the only one that can speculate on what the Jets are going to do? I can comment on what I want. You're the one that can **** off. Speculate better. How about that.

Just now, Tranquilo said:

So I can't respond in a forum? You're the only one that can speculate on what the Jets are going to do? I can comment on what I want. You're the one that can **** off. Speculate better. How about that.

Nope, you can still Fck off. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jbt said:

people were surprised Baker went one last year.  All the signs point to Wilson but since the he is not head and should above Fields or the 2 others anything is possible

It seems like he's head and shoulders above Justin Fields. So much so that the 49ers wish they were picking 2nd.

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

Are the Jets not allowed to hire a doctor in Utah and have Wilson go in for an xray? Or just fly the team doctor to Utah for a check up? The country is open. This whole officially medical check thing is bizarre to me. 

No they are not.

What they are allowed to do, and I'm positive have done, is have a doctor examine any MRI's X-rays, or doctor's reports following the surgery.  The MRI's would have told them a heck of a lot more then any physical exam a doctor might make on 4/8.

He doesn't have any more chance of failing a physical at this point then any other QB in this draft.  His play showed he has no discomfort in his shoulder.  

Wilson's the pick

Just now, flgreen said:

No they are not.

What they are allowed to do, and I'm positive have done, is have a doctor examine any MRI's X-rays, or doctor's reports following the surgery.  The MRI's would have told them a heck of a lot more then any physical exam a doctor might make on 4/8.

He doesn't have any more chance of failing a physical at this point then any other QB in this draft.  His play showd he has no discomfort in his shoulder.  

Wilson's the pick

What about if he decides to retire next week? Are you sure he'd still be the pick?

• Haha 1

It seems like he's head and shoulders above Justin Fields. So much so that the 49ers wish they were picking 2nd.

And Mitch Trubisky was “head and shoulders” above Watson and Mahomes based on the ppl you’re getting your opinion from. so shut the Fck up and let ppl talk. 

• Upvote 1

And Mitch Trubisky was “head and shoulders” above Watson and Mahomes based on the ppl you’re getting your opinion from. so shut the Fck up and let ppl talk. 

...and that's why he got picked before Watson and Mahomes. Thanks for proving my point. Again, you're mixing intent, scouting and what's going to happen. We're not talking about who's better or opinion of who is better. We are talking about when he's getting picked. Nod if you understand.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Drawing up baseless hypothetical situations is a pointless conversation. If Zach Wilson decides to retire next week, then I guess Fields can be the pick, sure. Great. 

Than why did you comment on it? 

...and that's why he got picked before Watson and Mahomes. Thanks for proving my point. Again, you're mixing intent, scouting and what's going to happen. We're not talking about who's better or opinion of who is better. We are talking about when he's getting picked. Nod if you understand.

Shut the Fck up and let ppl talk 

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

True.

Wilson is better though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Zach Wilson is the "chalk pick" but it doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen. I still believe the Jets are weighing their options with the 2nd overall pick. I'm fine with whomever they pick, but my preference is to pass on Wilson due to his durability concerns.

What makes you think they're weighing their options?

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Because they control the draft after Lawrence goes to the Jags. They have leverage, and Wilson isn't lock to the Jets like Trevor Lawrence is the lock to go to the Jaguars.

So you think they're going to use their leverage to trade down?