The Clean Up is Coming

Maxman

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm curious what your Myer's-Briggs 4 letter code is.  Not trying to make fun, just curious.  

hah, i think his DSM-IV diagnosis is more relevant. The M.B's test is the greatest sham this side Madoff

27 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

"Taxi Driver" is completely overrated. Yeah, I said it. Not Scorsese's best by a long shot.

Watch the movie a few times and read "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls," by Peter Biskind and you'll come to the same conclusion. 

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s living off of mob movies from decades ago. 

Although I did love Copland. Rockie’s next movie imho. 

King of Comedy, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver,  Cape Fear, Heat, Deer Hunter 

none of those mob movies. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Other then the last 15 minutes, it’s pretty awful. 

So bad that many movies have ripped it off, come on man.

Even real life has ripped it off. All the incels, vigilantes and mass shooters are all Travis Bickle. Art imitating life and vise versa. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

So bad that many movies have ripped it off, come on man.

Even real life has ripped it off. All the incels, vigilantes and mass shooters are all Travis Bickle. Art imitating life and vise versa. 

Hahahaaaaaa. 

Pretty sure Death Wish predated Taxi Driver. And it wasn’t boring until the last 15 mins. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Hahahaaaaaa. 

Pretty sure Death Wish predated Taxi Driver. And it wasn’t boring until the last 15 mins. 

Oh I see. You’re a sh*tty movies with no depth lover. A Neanderthal. Lol @ boring. Need the guns pow pow. Got it. 

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Oh I see. You’re a sh*tty movies with no depth lover. A Neanderthal. Lol @ boring. Need the guns pow pow. Got it. 

One could argue you're one of those cinephiles who are very snobbish about films.  

They're just movies, dude.  Some are pieces of art or a document to be discussed and given some reverence, but some are just a good time without needing a deeper message.  There's no need to get all hot and bothered about how people derive their entertainment.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One could argue you're one of those cinephiles who are very snobbish about films.  

They're just movies, dude.  Some are pieces of art, some are just a good time without needing a deeper message.  No need to get all hot and bothered about how people derive their entertainment.  

Cool, and Taxi Driver is a piece of art. No need to deride the film because it’s not all action. 

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Where was I personal? 

6 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You implied that he's a shallow person and then called him a neanderthal.  lol.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh.  It certainly has a lot of limitations but its still useful alongside other personality assessments.  

I was skimming through the different personalities, and they're all very complimentary. Like, where's the personality type for the a**hole?