The Clean Up is Coming

Maxman

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This thread is Max's way of saying, I am going to be sedated tomorrow for a medical procedure. So let's have no fighting when his crankiness wakes up.

Good luck with the procedure. 

Rest assured I have all the pass codes you sent me to run the forum in your absence and the spare keys to the RV. 

By the time you feel well enough to come back around I will have the forum cleanup complete. 

I will prove to you I am the right person for the job and deserve that free JetNation t-shirt XXL. 

joewilly12 

37 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I don't think so.  Everyone is going to regret passing on Justin Fields, 4/13/2021. 4:15 EST, mark it, book it. 

I'm glad you have some conviction on that. If you want to elaborate further, we can discuss it in one of the 100580876 other threads

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Terrible idea. 

Stop being over-sensitive and devolving threads. The problem isn't the forum features.

I'm just requesting for it personally as an option to turn off, just like . When I look at my notifications and 13-of-15 are "reactions", it makes it hard to find which are actual "quotes" that I feel I should give someone the time of day to respond to. Not sure it is possible or not, but if were, I'd personally turn off all "reactions" (positive and negative) to avoid clutter in my notifications. Just a suggestion... if people want to "downvote" go right ahead lol... I'll just downvote back if I have time and feel like having some fun

image.thumb.png.a5e9fe987f4d33b46464b72bcc06b3fc.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Good luck tomorrow. The "minor procedure" stuff, it's the mental build up (annoying, time consuming, takes up space in your head that a million things can go wrong).  You'll be fine. Don't worry about the side gig here, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Besides we can fck up each other up just fine. I mean, look after ourselves just fine. ?

Do what I always do whenever I have to get surgery: Put on The Ramones! Beh beh beh beh beh beh beh beh beh, I wanna be sedated! <== I really did do that the night before I had brain surgery, lol. Speakng of which, whatever happened to The Ghost of Joey Ramone? Dig. Anyway, see you soon. ???

Just dont screw up and play "Lobotomy".  ?

Get well soon @Maxman!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm just requesting for it personally as an option to turn off, just like . When I look at my notifications and 13-of-15 are "reactions", it makes it hard to find which are actual "quotes" that I feel I should give someone the time of day to respond to. Not sure it is possible or not, but if were, I'd personally turn off all "reactions" (positive and negative) to avoid clutter in my notifications. Just a suggestion... if people want to "downvote" go right ahead lol... I'll just downvote back if I have time and feel like having some fun

See, the bold is part of the problem. When downvoted, some people feel the need to go downvote back in retaliation, which leads to neg bombs, which leads to more b*tching and fighting, which leads to Max having to post more threads like this. I swear, he created more threads like this last year than the total amount of TDs Darnold threw. That's the type of behavior that's childish. There's nothing wrong with downvoting itself, it's the people who abuse the system. If someone downvotes a post, just accept that they didn't like your post and move the f on.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

See, the bold is part of the problem. When downvoted, some people feel the need to go downvote back in retaliation, which leads to neg bombs, which leads to more b*tching and fighting, which leads to Max having to post more threads like this. I swear, he created more threads like this last year than the total amount of TDs Darnold threw. That's the type of behavior that's childish. There's nothing wrong with downvoting itself, it's the people who abuse the system. If someone downvotes a post, just accept that they didn't like your post and move the f on.

I've honestly never downvoted someone until like today, when 8 of the same posters who have been out to get me since the day I started posting on here went out of their way to "downvote" every one of my posts in the past 24 hours. I have 92 unread texts and have a chronic notification problem, I don't need the extra notifications on this app lol.

And I totally agree, it's there to express a feeling on a take and shouldn't be abused. Some of my posts probably deserved it, others definitely didn't. As I said, I'm not a fan of an echo chamber; if you don't like a take go right ahead and express it. But it's petty and childish to go on a coordinated attack of downposting... they know they're going to get my attention, and that's why they do it. Unfortunately for others/fortunately for me, I find some fun in trolling back because I love the memes and as my ex-girlfriends have said, I'm "addicted to conflict." I crossed the line a few times in the past by going X-rated, now I'll stick to PG-13 and if someone crosses the line, I'll just report them (even though I have always hated the notion of doing that, I'm starting to see the usefulness in it lol). Otherwise, I'm just hoping we can get back to fruitful debate and discussion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

More like this picture below you can do whatever you want you won't be here anymore. 

You're more than happy to laugh at and make jokes about other people, but get so bent out of shape whenever they're directed at you.

Maybe there's something there for you to learn.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, football guy said:

image.thumb.png.a5e9fe987f4d33b46464b72bcc06b3fc.png

The problem is where you’re looking for notifications. Look at the top right, if you click it it says reactions vs. quotes.

4 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I come here to provide entertainment and to be entertained it's usually pretty good.

Honestly if people are such losers that they actually have to get in arguments on a football message board they should find some bigger fish to fry.

I come here to have good conversation and good laughs and there are so many people on this board who I've never met in person and don't know their real names but they Enlighten my day all the time.

What was that line from that Batman movie.... some men just want to watch the world burn?

It's always a good thing here, let's just keep it that way.

Live Long and Prosper

D4198304-4E1A-4491-816C-11DE3C3766F1.jpeg

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I downvoted this just to experiment and quantify the theory. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Pro Wilson jock sniffers get offended when other posters say he shouldn’t be the pick cause another QB prospect they believe to be better, and then basically ruin every thread till they get closed.

Maybe I'm in the wrong threads because thankfully I missed that.  How anyone can be stubborn and have huge conviction about any QB prospect that has never played in the NFL is beyond me.  Sure, we can have opinions and preferences, but none of us know what these guys will look like in 5 years.  Just re-rank the top 5 QB prospects from 2018, and that point is made.

The more interesting thing to me is that some fans have high conviction about a QB (be it Wilson, Fields, Lance or whoever) and are also 100% in the "I trust JD" camp.  Seeing how those fans react to JD not picking their favorite QB will be a treat.  It's like those who #TrustJD and also thought Darnold should be built around with a trade down from #2, etc.  The world gets tilted when a guy you believe in does something you don't believe in.  But really... is there a reason to be uncivil about any of that?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

You're more than happy to laugh at and make jokes about other people, but get so bent out of shape whenever they're directed at you.

Maybe there's something there for you to learn.

joewilly hasn't learned anything new since 1997.  

For instance, he's still using AOL at The Villages.  On dial-up.  They made a special room just for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

joewilly hasn't learned anything new since 1997.  

For instance, he's still using AOL at The Villages.  On dial-up.  They made a special room just for him.

@Jetsfan80  can't teach an old dawg new tricks whippersnapper. 

Some day you will be old hopefully. 

Wish I was living in Florida but not in the villages. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

Fine, but let me get one last thing out.

Listen, you ****ers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the sh*t. Here is a man who stood up.

Someday a real rain is going to wash the scum off the streets.....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

On a serious note, so the majority can stop reading right here, this forum is really excellent. I went to NY from Sweden in 2016 and watched the season opener, got lots of help and insights on here and I haven’t been able to leave. I love you all! ❤️❤️❤️

uh-oh

HOW_508_MF_0722_0533-RT.jpg?resize=768,5

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

If someone downvotes a post, just accept that they didn't like your post and move the f on.

Acceptance?  What happened to revenge and retribution?  I'll move on when the voices in my head tell me to move on.  

• Haha 2