Welcome to DOGE day

My 10 year old daughter is fascinated with shiba inus.  She has been trying to convince us to get one for years.  When I saw the logo for dogecoin last year, I had to get some because of her.  I bought ~$650 worth in July 2020 when the shares were .006  each (107K shares total.

That $650 is now worth over $70k a year later.  Amazing stuff.

I’ve been accumulating crypto for the last year or so and the results are amazing.  I’m still extremely bullish on BTC and ETH long term.  I plan to hold for 10 years and see where everything is.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

My 10 year old daughter is fascinated with shiba inus.  She has been trying to convince us to get one for years.  When I saw the logo for dogecoin last year, I had to get some because of her.  I bought ~$650 worth in July 2020 when the shares were .006  each (107K shares total.

I’ve been accumulating crypto for the last year or so and the results are amazing.  I’m still extremely bullish on BTC and ETH long term.  I plan to hold for 10 years and see where everything is.

That's great!

2 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

This is incredible!!!  Awesome.

Id get out like Usain Bolt at 60 cents.  This thing is going to crash hard at some point soon.  Its unsustainable.

One thing to throw 500 bucks at it when its at 5 cents but people are throwing big money at it now hoping to be millionaires because Mark Cuban and Musk talk about it.  

And yes..  I'm a bit jelly because I almost threw 500 at this a couple months ago as a lotto ticket lol.  At 60 cents though?  Run with your profits.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Id get out like Usain Bolt at 60 cents.  This thing is going to crash hard at some point soon.  Its unsustainable.

One thing to throw 500 bucks at it when its at 5 cents but people are throwing big money at it now hoping to be millionaires because Mark Cuban and Musk talk about it.  

And yes..  I'm a bit jelly because I almost threw 500 at this a couple months ago as a lotto ticket lol.  At 60 cents though?  Run with your profits.

moving the ETH, ADA or BTC would be a strong move right now IMO. But I've been saying what you are since like 10 cents so ...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

moving the ETH, ADA or BTC would be a strong move right now IMO. But I've been saying what you are since like 10 cents so ...

I'm supplementing my 401k with an IRA I started last year.  401 I dont touch and can only invest in funds anyway.

IRA I'm almost all in on THCB which is a spac thats going to be merging with Microvast soon.  Way too much to explain but check it out..  I'm absolutely convinced ill get at least a 5x return in time..  maybe within the year.

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Oh and I'm scared of all bitcoins.. I dont get it.. doesn't seem real to me even though I'm aware people profiting big time.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

are you all still buying?

what is best way for a newbie to buy/learn?

Stockwits is a good site but don't let them talk you into anything.  Its the equivalent of this forum but for stocks.

Motley Fool book can be bought on Amazon for 15 bucks.  Those guys are good.

I'm newish as well and learned a lot from reading 1 of their books catered to newbs.

Printing unlimited money and inflation are devaluing your money and it's at unprecedented levels over the past several years. It's another way of taxing you, kind of like how they raise the price of a box of cereal without raising the price by lowering the net weight of the contents.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1032048/value-us-dollar-since-1640/

Bitcoin fixes this. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, CTM said:

he's right. DC nitwits are nuking the currency because we are broke. Salaried people are ****ed already

Health care workers are getting it too.

Our reimbursements are tied to contracted rates with insurance companies.   Our reimbursements go down while salaries, equipment, rent, utilities all go up.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Printing unlimited money and inflation are devaluing your money and it's at unprecedented levels over the past several years. It's another way of taxing you, kind of like how they raise the price of a box of cereal without raising the price by lowering the net weight of the contents.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1032048/value-us-dollar-since-1640/

Bitcoin fixes this. 

CCP loves this.