Thru 3 rounds......

Leaving out Zack for the moment, both last year and this year JD went OL round 1 and WR round 2.  I couldn't be happier.  If he does this once again next year we'll finally be all set on that side of the ball.  

Maybe switching it up and going WR round 1 and OL round 2 next year is even better.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

The Jets draft and JDs career will be defined by ZW 

It's hard to say this draft is great or whatever until this dude balls out 

It's  going to be defined by AVT also after what he spent to trade up. There were some pretty good players in the third round. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  going to be defined by AVT also after what he spent to trade up. There were some pretty good players in the third round. 

i go both ways on the AVT trade up, but I think JD realized that there was a gaping hole or two at guard that if not filled would lead to a disasterous season for ZW and generally.  

Look at what Thuney signed for, on KC no less.  Guard is important, and AVT is a bargain if he can play well at LG for 4 years.   JD and company also obviously have more confidence in Fant than the fans do. 

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

i go both ways on the AVT trade up, but I think JD realized that there was a gaping hole or two at guard that if not filled would lead to a disasterous season for ZW and generally.  

Look at what Thuney signed for, on KC no less.  Guard is important, and AVT is a bargain if he can play well at LG for 4 years.   JD and company also obviously have more confidence in Fant than the fans do. 

Fant was fine last year I think JD has more confidence in Mcgovern then most fans do.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets draft and JDs career will be defined by ZW 

It's hard to say this draft is great or whatever until this dude balls out 

Agree. 

As much as like the avt and Moore picks, Wilson has to be good. But that’s always the idea.