TC Updates -- Wed Aug 4

Lith

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hopefully nothing serious.  Curious to see who takes first team reps today with him banged up.  Feeney or Lewis?

seems like from the tweet its minor but we'll see.  I think they'll be overly cautious with both he and becton as camp goes on. Even the slightest thing they'd rather get on top of the rehab rather than anyone miss extended time. 

• Upvote 2

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-10-rookies-to-watch-2021-nfl-preseason

WR, ELIJAH MOORE, NEW YORK JETS

Moore has been getting a lot of hype already in Jets training camp. While has the prototypical size and college deployment of an NFL slot receiver, his supporters have always pointed to his potential to do far more. The Jets brought in Corey Davis in free agency, but there are snaps to be had as the No. 2 receiver in New York, a role Moore could make a case for if his hype can translate to preseason games.

Moore earned an overall PFF grade of 91.2 this past season at Ole Miss. Almost all of his work was done from the slot, but he showed elite toughness and contestedcatch skills whenever additional opportunities came his way. Moore caught 73% of his contestedcatch targets during this past season. Few players catch as effortlessly without adjustment in tight quarters.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

seems like from the tweet its minor but we'll see.  I think they'll be overly cautious with both he and becton as camp goes on. Even the slightest thing they'd rather get on top of the rehab rather than anyone miss extended time. 

Oh, absolutely, I agree.  Don't want to push a guy even with a minor injury in early August.