Give the coaches credit and congrats to Sam

KO91

On 9/12/2021 at 4:45 PM, David Harris said:

Sam missed two gimme TD’s due to poor accuracy.  He’ll never be accurate. 

he’s a fame manager that will flash some very cool plays at times.  Will never be a top 10 guy.

On a team like that with those weapons, he won't need to be one.   ?‍♂️

Still, his inaccuracy in the Redzone won't have him in Carolina for long if that doesn't improve.  

On 9/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, STLuLu said:

Because that's all they needed. 

OOF!  U Right. 

On 9/12/2021 at 5:17 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Let's see if that remains the case against teams like the Bucs.  Hell, it won't be enough against Jameis and the Saints.

Why do you mention the Defending SuperBowl Champs as your go-to?   They don't face the Bucs until the final 3 games of the Season(they face them twice).   

Of course by then, we will know how good(or bad) Sam has been for that team....and hopefully, our Draft Picks are in the HIGH range by then, too.  

BTW, about Jameis and the Saints?

Looking closer at the numbers, Jameis threw for 148 yards.

The Saints overall had 148 yards passing and that is including a garbage time 50+ yard bomb.... Yes Winston had 5 TDs but he completed 14 passes and was handed the ball in the redzone 3 times.... Not all that impressed by him as he still looks like the same player he was in Tampa.

And now on top of that, there is recent news that their starting WR, CB, C, and DE are out this week....PLUS, Covid is a b*tch :

oof.   Imagine if Sam lost this game....I would laugh.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vin said:

Why do you mention the Defending SuperBowl Champs as your go-to?   They don't face the Bucs until the final 3 games of the Season(they face them twice).   

The bold is why I listed them twice.  Because you always have to consider the division when determining if a team can make the playoffs.  If the Panthers go no better than 2-4 in the NFC South, that will dramatically hurt their chances at reaching the postseason.  The Bucs will obviously be a big part of that.  The Saints too, and the Falcons are no push-over, even coming off of Sunday when they looked lousy.  

2 hours ago, Vin said:

BTW, about Jameis and the Saints?

Looking closer at the numbers, Jameis threw for 148 yards.

The Saints overall had 148 yards passing and that is including a garbage time 50+ yard bomb.... Yes Winston had 5 TDs but he completed 14 passes and was handed the ball in the redzone 3 times.... Not all that impressed by him as he still looks like the same player he was in Tampa.

And now on top of that, there is recent news that their starting WR, CB, C, and DE are out this week....PLUS, Covid is a b*tch :

It's not JUST about Jameis.  But he is a better QB than Darnold by a wide margin.  If he's the same player in NO as he is in TB, Sean Payton will be just fine with that.  Jameis threw for over 5,000 yards with Bruce Arians in TB.  

And even with all the players they'll be missing, NO is still a better overall team than Carolina.  Their defense is nasty good.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The bold is why I listed them twice.  Because you always have to consider the division when determining if a team can make the playoffs.  If the Panthers go no better than 2-4 in the NFC South, that will dramatically hurt their chances at reaching the postseason.  The Bucs will obviously be a big part of that.  The Saints too, and the Falcons are no push-over, even coming off of Sunday when they looked lousy.  

It's not JUST about Jameis.  But he is a better QB than Darnold by a wide margin.  If he's the same player in NO as he is in TB, Sean Payton will be just fine with that.  Jameis threw for over 5,000 yards with Bruce Arians in TB.  

And even with all the players they'll be missing, NO is still a better overall team than Carolina.  Their defense is nasty good.

Carolina's "D" is not exactly chopped liver here either. 

Jameis is not going to have as easy a time of it as he did against an obviously unprepared-to-play Packers squad.

But anyway, enough about other teams.    Let us focus on hoping that Saleh finds a way to prevent our young QB from getting killed. 

On 9/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, Lupz27 said:

Really?  I saw different.  The game plan sucked they got 80 yards in 3 quarters.  When they threw the game plan out the window (way to late) they played better how does that make me feel good about the coaches?

New HC, OC, DC.  Rookie QB starts. Youngest roster in the league.

What did you expect?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lol. Darnold performance good because "he did what he needed to do to win" but Winston performance bad because he didn't need to throw a ton of yards to score 5 TDs and shellac GB 38-3.

Man people are willing to twist any narrative to be right on the Internet about Darnold. 

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 4:29 PM, Lupz27 said:

Really?  I saw different.  The game plan sucked they got 80 yards in 3 quarters.  When they threw the game plan out the window (way to late) they played better how does that make me feel good about the coaches?

The 3rd quarter, when the Jets made the game a one score game?

On 9/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, STLuLu said:

Because that's all they needed. 

Thanks for clearifying, I didnt realize they only needed 3 points and weren't actually trying to score in the 2nd half  

I mean being up by one score, one, in the 3rd quarter is more than enough points to win a game, every team would also shut it down and not attempt to make it a 2 or 3 score game.  ?

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:48 PM, genot said:

I don't care if people like him. When you call him stupid, I think that's a real cheap shot. With no basis in fact.I don't understand the desire to continously  trash him. If he conducted himself like Adam's Yea. Darnold has always been the anti Adam's. 

Hes a good kid, agree.  He did nothing here to make people hate him and ridicule him for no reason

Most of his mistakes, throwing into coverage, not protecting the ball at all costs when youre in the red zone, taking dumb sacks when he's already just inside FG range points to his lacking football sense and that hes not the smartest person on the field.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes a good kid, agree.  He did nothing here to make people hate him and ridicule him for no reason

Most of his mistakes, throwing into coverage, not protecting the ball at all costs when youre in the red zone, taking dumb sacks when he's already just inside FG range points to his lacking football sense and that hes not the smartest person on the field.  

I agree he didn't play smart with the football here. It would be idiotic for me to say otherwise. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2021 at 8:53 AM, Jet Nut said:

Thanks for clearifying, I didnt realize they only needed 3 points and weren't actually trying to score in the 2nd half  

I mean being up by one score, one, in the 3rd quarter is more than enough points to win a game, every team would also shut it down and not attempt to make it a 2 or 3 score game.  ?

You're welcome. That's what I'm here for.

• Haha 2