Give the coaches credit and congrats to Sam

KO91

3 minutes ago, KO91 said:

Feel pretty good about this loss. Love how the coaches were able to adjust and made this a game in the 2nd half. 

Sam played well today. The guy was always a class act here and I hope he turns his career around in Carolina. 

Other notes:

Berrios is a stud. Would rather see him get playing time as opposed to Crowder who is gone next year 

I’d like to see Mims and Josh Adams get some burn on offense. Seems like those two (along with Berrios) always produce when given the opportunity

Rough game for AVT and Elijah Moore 

Really?  I saw different.  The game plan sucked they got 80 yards in 3 quarters.  When they threw the game plan out the window (way to late) they played better how does that make me feel good about the coaches?

• WTF? 1

I’m never happy about a loss.  Hell even last year I always rooted for a win despite the fact that some wanted to tank.  I have Always  like Sam and wished him well but I obviously wanted him to be bad in today’s game. But gotta give him credit other than the fumble he looked pretty good.  His pass to Robby was very good even though it made me pissed off at the time ?.  I’m happy we have Wilson but I think Sam will do pretty good in Carolina.  After all the crap he dealt with here and being a class act I wish him well.  But now it’s officially over and we can focus on Wilson who looked very good on the second half 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, KO91 said:

Feel pretty good about this loss. Love how the coaches were able to adjust and made this a game in the 2nd half. 

Sam played well today. The guy was always a class act here and I hope he turns his career around in Carolina. 

Other notes:

Berrios is a stud. Would rather see him get playing time as opposed to Crowder who is gone next year 

I’d like to see Mims and Josh Adams get some burn on offense. Seems like those two (along with Berrios) always produce when given the opportunity

Rough game for AVT and Elijah Moore 

Berrios is a stud?  In what universe? He is a JAG plain and simple.   Both of AVT and Moore missed all preseason so no one should be surprised that they struggled today. I'm not worried about them.   I agree about Mims and Adams. Especially Mims; I have no idea what Lefleur is doing keeping Mims on the bench when he is one our most impactful players.

• Upvote 2

Not feeling good about the loss, but I did see some things that made me excited about the future. I wasn't expecting a rookie head coach with a rookie QB to go out and blow the Panthers out of the water. The offensive line weren't bad...they were ATROCIOUS. Zach made some bad decisions, but you can see his ability to make a play with decent protection. Corey Davis had a bad drop, but his two TD catches and 97 yards receiving is a step towards justifying his signing. Defensive adjustments made the defense look respectable. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

CMC is a cheat code. This offense will do nothing without him. With that being said, Sam found him a ton and that’s what counts. Funny what some talent around a qb can do.

Yet he couldn't get to 300 yards and only put up 19 points.  That's not a good day for a QB in 2021.  We're just that bad.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Notice that "Mr. Stoic" Saleh was losing it a few times on the sidelines.  Shows you that preseason means jack sh*t.  Once the real games start, the pressure is just different and at another level.  

Well as he's said a lot, adversity is what makes a team a team.  So we'll see how he handles the adversity over the course of the season too.

I like that we played better in the second half and adjustments were made.. Wilson also looked good when he had time.  It's probably better to start the season this way so some delusional fans can come back to reality.  We aren't making the playoffs, we don't have all pros at every skill position, and JD isn't the messiah. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well as he's said a lot, adversity is what makes a team a team.  So we'll see how he handles the adversity over the course of the season too.

Let's hope.  My intent was to the deluded fans who actually believe performances in the preseason (plus media fluff pieces) mean a goddam thing.   The pressure(s) related to losing show a HC's mettle.   And exposes the flaws.  God knows what will happen.   Not saying Saleh's coaching caused this loss.  It was on ALL the coaches and especially the players who made a garbage team like Carolina (and a true POS HC in Ruhle) look good.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Really?  I saw different.  The game plan sucked they got 80 yards in 3 quarters.  When they threw the game plan out the window (way to late) they played better how does that make me feel good about the coaches?

Not really talking about the game plan. Felt the effort was there. A far cry from a year ago when they would have gone into the tank down 16-0 at the half on the road. 

The state of the roster is on Joe Douglas. Not a huge fan of the job he’s done as an older Jets fan. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet he couldn't get to 300 yards and only put up 19 points.  That's not a good day for a QB in 2021.  We're just that bad.  

Game script didn’t call for it. They didn’t really need to air it out. Not saying sam is or isn’t good but youre kidding yourself if you think sam looked anything like he did today last year. Sam looked like a competent qb today. It was night and day from any game last year to the game today.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, KO91 said:

Not really talking about the game plan. Felt the effort was there. A far cry from a year ago when they would have gone into the tank down 16-0 at the half on the road. 

The state of the roster is on Joe Douglas. Not a huge fan of the job he’s done as an older Jets fan. 

There was zero to be excited about today.  Zero!  I’ve seen the same sh*t I’ve seen the last 35 years losing.  You can argue but history is undefeated.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

I love Zach, glad we traded Sam. 

But clearly he is a good NFL QB and not nearly as bad as the haters here made him out to be. 

The 54th ranked QB out of 32 starting QBs in the league was clearly hyperbole by dudes with some weird issues. Yeah he was bad for us but he’s clearly not a bad QB, actually could be quite good. 

Will not be out of the league in a year or 2 like those dudes kept chanting. 

Would not be surprised to see him as a playoff QB someday. 

I’ll take Zach but some of you guys were strangely off about him. Never admit it.

But yeah.  

Feel the same way. I think the trade was the best thing fir both parties and I like what I saw from Wilson in the second half. Good Post ? 

• Upvote 4

What the Jets learned today is that they need to help their RT's need help.  Once they started using the TE's to help Wilson had more time.  I don't understand what people expected out of this game. There were rookies and 2nd year players all over the field, especially on defense, and they let up 19 points, 3 in the 2nd half.

The biggest issue on offense was the pass protection. They didn't throw away their game plan in the 2nd half. They finally gave Wilson time to execute the game plan.

The lack of a running game was disappointing but if you're the Panthers going against a rookie QB you focus on stopping the run and make the QB beat you.  I think we'll see that every week until Wilson makes them stop.

On defense they played well considering they're so young. Once the coaching staff took McCaffrey away from Darnold as an outlet they put a stop to the offense.  I have a feeling most teams will make Sam go elsewhere with the ball and he's going to struggle. 

All in all I think the Jets coaching staff did a good job adjusting. This game could've gotten away from them quickly. We saw that all last year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Game script didn’t call for it. They didn’t really need to air it out. Not saying sam is or isn’t good but youre kidding yourself if you think sam looked anything like he did today last year. Sam looked like a competent qb today. It was night and day from any game last year to the game today.

Agreed.  I could give a damn if Zach ever gets 300 yards as long as we win and he doesn’t make many big mistakes.  No matter what side of the fence you are on when it comes to Sam he did what he needed to do in order for them to win which is all you can ask for 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, extmenace said:

CMC is a cheat code. This offense will do nothing without him. With that being said, Sam found him a ton and that’s what counts. Funny what some talent around a qb can do.

Yes. That's why you gameplan to stop him and not let him be an option for the QB to dump off to all day up and down the field.