MNF Ravens vs Colts

Just now, Beerfish said:

Who was the moron on tv saying it was obvious forward?  The play by play guy was incredulous

I wouldn't call it obvious, but while they did a horrific job of explaining the reason why, the argument is that due to the momentum that was already on the ball from their running, that while his hands may have been moving backward to pitch it, the ball itself actually traveled forward from the point of release to time it was touched.

Not sure if I'd really consider that to be clear and not necessary to call by any degree, but it still wasn't nearly as bad as what it looked like was coming, and letting the Ravens keep the ball, which would have been way worse.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I wouldn't call it obvious, but while they did a horrific job of explaining the reason why, the argument is that due to the momentum that was already on the ball from their running, that while his hands may have been moving backward to pitch it, the ball itself actually traveled forward from the point of release to time it was touched.

This is football, not physics class!!!! ?

• Haha 1

Just now, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

This is football, not physics class!!!! ?

Yeah, I'm not really defending it, and certainly would have been super pissed if that went against of the Jets, but that's the justification they're going for on this one.  To be honest, I'm not sure whether that even really goes along with how the NFL lateral rules are written, but that's just what they were (trying to) say.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Not sure if I'd really consider that to be clear and not necessary to call by any degree, but it still wasn't nearly as bad as what it looked like was coming, and letting the Ravens keep the ball, which would have been way worse.

that makes zero sense via physics and further more it was totally incorrect.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, I'm not really defending it, and certainly would have been super pissed if that went against of the Jets, but that's the justification they're going for on this one.  To be honest, I'm not sure whether that even really goes along with how the NFL lateral rules are written, but that's just what they were (trying to) say.

I was being cheeky but I concur. 

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Indianapolis is better than their 1–3 record, Baltimore may not be as good as their 3–1 record.

It’s been a while since we’ve seen a Baltimore offense with Lamar look so stuck in the mud. 

The colts are another team that’s gonna kick our ass - @Indy on Thursday night looks like a 30 point loss