Kurt Warner is off his rocker

AFJF

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Cool, kiss mine too tough guy, idgaf. We can kiss each other’s til the sun comes up for all I care.  Don’t like that someone calls you out on your toddler rants because you wanted Fields?  Than don’t make them. 

This is too funny. This really has nothing to do with Fields and every thing to do with someone saying Wilson has made throws no other Jets QB has made when that is totally false, but keep thinking this. I need the laughs. 

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There has to be a talent worthy of the selection for this to make sense + you can’t just “trade down” because it takes two to tango.  Even if they did manage to pull a trade down off, nobody thought guys like Metcalf or AJ Brown were first round picks so you likely wouldn’t have seen them get selected there anyway.  Hindsight is 20/20.

I really don't want to go back and forth on this - it's been 3 years and not much more to say...

Organizational neglect taking a DT there.....As I said, you either trade down, if you can't - then you reach and take the top offensive player on your board.....

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

the guy is ranked dead last for a reason

IMO, he’s ranked dead last because he’s a feral QB out there working with no coaching and no safety net. I read a stat today that Wilson is throwing it downfield a lot because he’s so “aggressive.” Where else is he supposed to throw it? At Tyler Kroft’s IR’ed corpse? His best receiving back has been inactive in every game, and his slot guy has been injured—why not throw it 20 yards down the field? It’s what he did at BYU—the last time he was receiving actual coaching. 

As far as Warner’s thing goes, the cutoff is 19 starts. If the kid still sucks at 19 starts, you have a major issue. Today is Start Six, coming off a Bye, against a compromised defense that got tuned up by Davis Mills. If Wilson is bad today, the team has to think about conjuring up a fake hamstring injury for him to give him a few weeks off to get his mind together.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is too funny. This really has nothing to do with Fields and every thing to do with someone saying Wilson has made throws no other Jets QB has made when that is totally false, but keep thinking this. I need the laughs. 

It has everything to do with Fields and I’m so sick of you and the rest of the contingent that wanted him pretending it’s not.  Every single thread that discusses one positive thing regarding Wilson is met with some snarky response or comments about how we should have “taken someone else” from the same f*cking contingent of posters who simultaneously claim “ohhhh I hope I’m wrong; I’m rooting for him to prove me wrong,  I want the kid to be goooood”, and you’re usually front and center on it.  Bullsh*t.

Get over it.  Justin Fields will never be a Jet.  It was decided in May.  You wanna watch him play for your favorite team so badly?  Go become a Bears fan.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I really don't want to go back and forth on this - it's been 3 years and not much more to say...

Organizational neglect taking a DT there.....As I said, you either trade down, if you can't - then you reach and take the top offensive player on your board.....

Fair enough.  Agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, he’s ranked dead last because he’s a feral QB out there working with no coaching and no safety net. I read a stat today that Wilson is throwing it downfield a lot because he’s so “aggressive.” Where else is he supposed to throw it? At Tyler Kroft’s IR’ed corpse? His best receiving back has been inactive in every game, and his slot guy has been injured—why not throw it 20 yards down the field? It’s what he did at BYU—the last time he was receiving actual coaching. 

As far as Warner’s thing goes, the cutoff is 19 starts. If the kid still sucks at 19 starts, you have a major issue. Today is Start Six, coming off a Bye, against a compromised defense that got tuned up by Davis Mills. If Wilson is bad today, the team has to think about conjuring up a fake hamstring injury for him to give him a few weeks off to get his mind together.

Feral QB with no coaching and no safety net. GD pastry right there son! 

41DD103E-6640-4007-AE10-87FCD264BBCE.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No, he made a throw on the run, you can throw on the run and be on platform. Darnold did this multiple times. Throwing off platform is having you feet set in the wrong direction for where you are throwing.  

He was off his feet, do you even know what youre arguing?  You said all his throws were with his feet set.  

Off platform refers to arm angles and throws, has nothing to do with feet set, you added that to the mix

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you just made a bad take even worse, amazingly

What is it like to always be wrong and then act sanctimonious and angry about it?? 

Ever notice pretty much nobody agrees with your "takes"?

That's because they're bad. 

Have a great Sunday!

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What is it like to always be wrong and then act sanctimonious and angry about it?? 

Have a great Sunday!

I love Fidelio, but saying that you wouldn’t take an Aaron Donald type player that high is an “against the grain” take.  It’s not really up for debate.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don't  disagree  really but he has also shown an inability  to make the layups which is also hurting his numbers. There are other problems too. Someone pointed out Wilson makes a small jump when he throws  when he os not even being pressured and this goes back to BYU.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It has everything to do with Fields and I’m so sick of you and the rest of the contingent that wanted him pretending it’s not.  Every single thread that discusses one positive thing regarding Wilson is met with some snarky response or comments about how we should have “taken someone else” from the same f*cking contingent of posters who simultaneously claim “ohhhh I hope I’m wrong; I’m rooting for him to prove me wrong,  I want the kid to be goooood”, and you’re usually front and center on it.  Bullsh*t.

Get over it.  Justin Fields will never be a Jet.  It was decided in May.  You wanna watch him play for your favorite team so badly?  Go become a Bears fan.

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Have a great Sunday!

You think no one agrees with my takes?

Agree with posts claiming that if QW turned into Aaron Donald he still would have been a bad pick for us at 3 

Thats a take I'd make a stand with.   LOL go enjoy the game 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I love Fidelio, but saying that you wouldn’t take a Aaron Donald type player that high is a bad take.  It’s not really up for debate.  

But you’d agree he’s not Donald. More like Fletcher Cox, which is still pretty good, but not optimal value at 3, and they’re going to have to pay him elite money for what he does, which is not ideal

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  disagree  really but he has also shown an inability  to make the layups which is also hurting his numbers. There are other problems too. Someone pointed out Wilson makes a small jump when he throws  when he os not even being pressured and this goes back to BYU.

Definitely a lot of bugs in the system there

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Posting gifs isn’t going to convince anyone that you aren’t seething and filling a diaper every time you think about Joe Douglas picking Wilson over Fields, but it’s your bandwidth to waste I guess.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually this is a message board and thats how it works.

Youre just butt hurt whenever someone doest agree with you

No that is not how it works. I avoid you because you don't  k ow how to discuss  something without turning it into a thread killer and now you have your kid fighting your battles on top of it

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But you’d agree he’s not Donald. More like Fletcher Cox, which is still pretty good, but not optimal value at 3, and they’re going to have to pay him elite money for what he does, which is not ideal

Looking at the rest of that first round, I’ll take Fletcher Cox for sure.  What I would have preferred is trading UP into the 2nd and taking one of Metcalf or Brown, because the 3rd and 4th round were, IMO, a whole lot of “meh”.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I love Fidelio, but saying that you wouldn’t take an Aaron Donald type player that high is a bad take.  It’s not really up for debate.  

Agreed, but that's not really the point I was trying to make

What I'm saying is - the decision to take a DT was the wrong decision.  The player doesn't matter.  The situation the Jets were in they had no right to take a DT there.  

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No that is not how it works. I avoid you because you don't  k ow how to discuss  something without turning it into a thread killer and now you have your kid fighting your battles on top of it

Oh piss off.  I’m picking my battle because I’m sick of seeing you whine like a toddler, not because of anything or anyone else.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed, but that's not really the point I was trying to make

What I'm saying is - the decision to take a DT was the wrong decision.  The player doesn't matter.  The situation the Jets were in they had no right to take a DT there.  

As I said to T0m, I think the real move to be made in 2019 was a trade up into the 2nd, but that’s me.  I don’t there would be anyone complaining about that draft if we walked out with QW and one of Metcalf or Brown.

• Upvote 1