Kurt Warner is off his rocker

AFJF

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What he said is he has seen some throws he has never seen a Jets QB make. Which passes were those exactly? I'd really like to know. Ken O'Brien for all his faults threw a deep accurate ball. So did Brett Favre, and Vinny T. And I was being kind in what wrote. I didn't bring up his glaring inability to throw a short pass accurately.  And to be honest, no, I have not seen a special talent from Wilson. I was hoping I would but I don't  see it. Does he have talent, Hell yes. He has a great arm and a nice deep pass but that is about where it ends. His pocket awareness  is average at best, he makes boneheaded decisions just like Darnold did, he misses open receivers, and he holds the ball way too long a lot. 

Fortunately  all these things can be attributed to being a rookie but this guy is like having a shooting guard who hits 3 pointers but can't  make a layup. How absurd  is that?

You can believe whatever you want about the kid.  

The only thing I'm talking about here - is this need to attack anything positive said about him.   There is some reason for optimism and certainly some concerns...

But around here you're only allowed to attack him.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You can believe whatever you want about the kid.  

The only thing I'm talking about here - is this need to attack anything positive said about him.   There is some reason for optimism and certainly some concerns...

But around here you're only allowed to attack him.

He can fix that by winning games and cutting down on mistakes. Nobody is asking him to be a perfect QB but the guy is ranked dead last for a reason

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Still a bad pick though.

I hated that pick, still do.  Jets needed offense, not another DT.  

Nothing against Q - I like him and he may still turn out to be a good football player.  

You can't justa "take offense."  Who did you want to take in that draft?  Most of the board preferred Oliver because he was the kind of athletic freak we like.  We were probably "righter" than Maccagnan.  The offensive players taken in the 1st in that draft were Jones, Hockensen, Jonah Williams, Linstrom, Haskins, Bradbury, Noah Fant, Dillard, Tytus Howard, Josh Jacobs, Hollywood Brown, Caleb McGary and N'Keal Harry. 

Who are you taking?  Hockensen and Jacobs are kind of luxuries that probably don't do much here.  I took Linstrom at 22 for the Ravens and general consensus is that he was a bit of a reach.  He was one of the best offensive players picked in that draft.  The board was also very high on DK Metcal at #3.  We were laughed at when he dropped into the late 2nd.  I guess maybe we do know better than some NFL GMs.

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You can't justa "take offense."  Who did you want to take in that draft?  Most of the board preferred Oliver because he was the kind of athletic freak we like.  We were probably "righter" than Maccagnan.  The offensive players taken in the 1st in that draft were Jones, Hockensen, Jonah Williams, Linstrom, Haskins, Bradbury, Noah Fant, Dillard, Tytus Howard, Josh Jacobs, Hollywood Brown, Caleb McGary and N'Keal Harry. 

Who are you taking?  Hockensen and Jacobs are kind of luxuries that probably don't do much here.  I took Linstrom at 22 for the Ravens and general consensus is that he was a bit of a reach.  He was one of the best offensive players picked in that draft.  The board was also very high on DK Metcal at #3.  We were laughed at when he dropped into the late 2nd.  I guess maybe we do know better than some NFL GMs.

I'm trading down - or taking the BOPA.  call it a "reach" if you want.  The one thing I'm not doing is taking a DT - Oliver, Q or anyone else.

Under the Jet's circumstances - taking a DT there was professional neglect.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Darnold had some insane throws as well. They were just to the other team.

Especially Darnold’s first pass as a Jets QB. That was a thing of beauty. I tried to add the ‘highlight’ from YouTube but NFL films restricts use of it. I guess they trying to preserve the NFL product. ??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Still a bad pick though.

I hated that pick, still do.  Jets needed offense, not another DT.  

Nothing against Q - I like him and he may still turn out to be a good football player.  

More of a bad take today than 3 years ago.

Hes a stud player, far from the wrong pick

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Can you show me a video of this pass he made. I'm not talking about his pro day where he scripted all the throws and practiced them for like 2 weeks, i mean in the games he has played a pro. The deep throws I have seen for the most part were when he was rolling out and reset his feet before the throw

You mean the pass to Cole or the pass to Davis?  How about the Panther game, his first NFL TD?  He sets his feet?  The throw to Davis v GB, he set his feet?  

You actually believe to throw off platform 60 yard in the air passes all you have to do is practice them?  Did the rest of the Jets QB hopefuls not practice then?

You really want a video of those two fantastic throws?

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean the pass to Cole or the pass to Davis?  How about the Panther game, his first NFL TD?  He sets his feet?  The throw to Davis v GB, he set his feet?  

You actually believe to throw off platform 60 yard in the air passes all you have to do is practice them?  Did the rest of the Jets QB hopefuls not practice then?

You really want a video of those two fantastic throws?

Yeah,  I do. Please show me

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You can't justa "take offense."  Who did you want to take in that draft? 

Beat me to it, screaming "Offense" like we should walk away from the defensive player who you think is on top of your board just because.  You have to look at the draft, was there a player that we had to have who was worthy of the 3rd overall pick? 

For a lot of funny reasons some wanted Oliver.  Because his arm length and his leg length was Donald like or something like that

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We've won around 5 games since drafting him..

Yeah. Just what they needed. ? 

And?

You think hes the reason we've lost games?  And whoever you might dream up as a better pick who doesnt play QB would have lead us to what, 6 wins?

Its because of a roster lacking talent, not because of the most talented player we drafted 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF does this have to do with the passes we've seen out of Wilson in his first 5 games?  One throw in his 3rd season eliminates the talent we've seen from Wilson?

You see, this is exactly why I don't  waste my time with you. 

Here is what you posted

<<While on the run, with a flick of the wrist while off platform? 

No, not really and I go back to Namath forward>>

So you said you haven't  seen a Jets QB make an off platform throw, on the run with a flick of his wrist since Namath and I showed you a Jets QB did it last season so now the narrative is wtf does this have to do with Wilson's passes this season. Why can't  you jist say I was mistaken, I was wrong. My whole argument is Wilson has not made any pass we have not seen from a Jets QB before. Wilson has great arm talent. There, I said it. I never said he doesn't  but he has a ton of other issues

Honestly,  I am tired of this, it is the same garbage from you any time I respond. 

Try remembering  wtf you ask. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He could be playing like Aaron Donald right now and it would still have been a bad pick.

Don't agree with this whatsoever.  Everyone wanted Josh Allen, myself included, and time has looked favorably on that desire.

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You see, this is exactly why I don't  waste my time with you. 

Here is what you posted

<<While on the run, with a flick of the wrist while off platform? 

No, not really and I go back to Namath forward>>

So you said you haven't  seen a Jets QB make an off platform throw, on the run with a flick of his wrist since Namath and I showed you a Jets QB did it last season so now the narrative is wtf does this have to do with Wilson's passes this season. Why can't  you jist say I was mistaken, I was wrong. My whole argument is Wilson has not made any pass we have not seen from a Jets QB before. Wilson has great arm talent. There, I said it. I never said he doesn't  but he has a ton of other issues

Honestly,  I am tired of this, it is the same garbage from you any time I respond. 

Try remembering  wtf you ask. 

Serious question to you and the contingent that continues to sh*t on every single thread that has anything remotely positive to do with Wilson because you wanted Justin Fields (because this is exactly what it is); why don’t you just become Bears fans?  Seriously. Just make the switch.  This is the type of sh*t that has made this place unreadable.  What enjoyment do you get whining about not getting the other toy you wanted every.  Single.  F*cking. Day.  Doesn’t it get exhausting?  Because I’ll tell you what, reading it has been exhausting.

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I've told you before, if you dont to see someones responses, put them on ignore.

Youre a sensitive little poster who doesnt want anyone to disagree with even a mindless take like the ones that we all have from time to time here but all dont curl up in a ball and cry.  

12 hours ago, usanyj said:

This I absolutely agree with. Has Wilson frustrated me? Sure, beyond belief. But there have been some insane flashes, some throws that I’ve never seen a Jets qb make that gives me hope.

You mean except for last time and next time. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I've told you before, if you dont to see someones responses, put them on ignore.

Youre a sensitive little poster who doesnt want anyone to disagree with even a mindless take like the ones that we all have from time to time here but all dont curl up in a ball and cry.  

Way to go my boy. Let's focus on something totally irrelevant  to the issue being discussed,  that you can’t  even remember what you asked. 

I guess this means you lost this one. 

Not curling into a ball at all here but enjoying watching you twist yourself  into a pretzel. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Don't agree with this whatsoever.  Everyone wanted Josh Allen, myself included, and time has looked favorably on that desire.

On a team that just took a QB at #3 overall the year before, had no offensive talent and the worst OL in the NFL....

Bottom line, for me - you simply can NOT take a DT there - They should have been locked in on offense...trade down and take offense or just reach for the best offensive player.  I was the same way then as I am now with that draft....

I am sorry but I feel very strongly about this...

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Way to go my boy. Let's focus on something totally irrelevant  to the issue being discussed,  that you can’t  even remember what you asked. 

I guess this means you lost this one. 

Not curling into a ball at all here but enjoying watching you twist yourself  into a pretzel. 

How about this, just shut up and move on

You asked for example, I gave you some

You asked for a video, I gave you one

You need a big and baby talk, enough already.  

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Serious question to you and the contingent that continues to sh*t on every single thread that has anything remotely positive to do with Wilson because you wanted Justin Fields (because this is exactly what it is); why don’t you just become Bears fans?  Seriously. Just make the switch.  This is the type of sh*t that has made this place unreadable.  What enjoyment do you get whining about not getting the other toy you wanted every.  Single.  F*cking. Day.  Doesn’t it get exhausting?  Because I’ll tell you what, reading it has been exhausting.

You know what, kiss my behind.  Wilson has been horrible a lot more than good. When that stops, I will too. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

On a team that just took a QB at #3 overall the year before, had no offensive talent and the worst OL in the NFL....

Bottom line, for me - you simply can NOT take a DT there - They should have been locked in on offense...trade down and take offense or just reach for the best offensive player.  I was the same way then as I am now with that draft....

I am sorry but I feel very strongly about this...

There has to be a talent worthy of the selection for this to make sense + you can’t just “trade down” because it takes two to tango.  Even if they did manage to pull a trade down off, nobody thought guys like Metcalf or AJ Brown were first round picks so you likely wouldn’t have seen them get selected there anyway.  Hindsight is 20/20.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You know what, kiss my behind.  Wilson has been horrible a lot more than good. When that stops, I will too. 

Cool, kiss mine too tough guy, idgaf. We can kiss each other’s til the sun comes up for all I care.  Don’t like that someone calls you out on your toddler rants because you wanted Fields?  Than don’t make them.