9 Games In, What's The Most "Jetsy" Thing That Has Happened So Far This Season?

44 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Serious question.

What made you think Lawson would be a monster pass rusher.  Guys had 11 sacks last 3 years.   That's OK, but i never saw him as a game changer.

I know he was beating Becton every play in camp, but...................

For once in my Jet fan history, I'm actually positive.  And I get this noise?   lol

I stand by what I said.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Serious question.

What made you think Lawson would be a monster pass rusher.  Guys had 11 sacks last 3 years.   That's OK, but i never saw him as a game changer.

I know he was beating Becton every play in camp, but...................

39 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I have a little secret for you-monster pass rushers don’t just hit FA. Lawson would’ve been what Corey Davis is to our offense.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

And his best season was his rookie season when playing across from all-world Geno Atkins who was nearly at the peak of his powers. Then he tore his Achilles after a terrible start to his second year and hasn't been the same since. And he is well below average on lateral agility -- which like 8 of the top 10 sack artists in the last few years have tested as elite in.

Cincy let him walk opting instead to sign Trey Hendrickson $65M over 4 years to replace him.

They made the right choice.

A story in four parts:

1) Jets go into the year with no veteran backup, insist on starting rookie QB.

2) Rookie QB struggles.

3) Rookie QB is injured.

4) Jets, who opted not to have a veteran backup on the team deliberately, trade for Joe Flacco.

Forget Wilson looking like a bust, the Mike White saga, Saleh's defense imploding, etc. The most Jetsy thing this year is going into the season with no veteran backup QB and then trading a draft pick for Joe Flacco when Wilson got hurt.

It's just the type of clueless, inept, indefensible move that makes you lose all faith that Douglas and Saleh have any clue what they're doing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

18 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A story in four parts:

1) Jets go into the year with no veteran backup, insist on starting rookie QB.

2) Rookie QB struggles.

3) Rookie QB is injured.

4) Jets, who opted not to have a veteran backup on the team deliberately, trade for Joe Flacco.

Forget Wilson looking like a bust, the Mike White saga, Saleh's defense imploding, etc. The most Jetsy thing this year is going into the season with no veteran backup QB and then trading a draft pick for Joe Flacco when Wilson got hurt.

It's just the type of clueless, inept, indefensible move that makes you lose all faith that Douglas and Saleh have any clue what they're doing.

Have an upvote.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

becton going down and rumors of him not being so dedicated.

He likes football. He just likes his momma's cooking a whole lot more. Jets should keep him locked in the weight room with a salad bar during the off season.