Maybe Jets History ISN’T Repeating Itself

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That 8-8 record didn’t have much to do with coaching.  Rex was completely outcoached by basically every team with a veteran HC, en route to blowouts.  

And they had some bizarre wins that year, like the Bucs game where Geno was hit out of bounds for a 15-yard penalty that led to the game-winning FG.

wow you got some memory. how do you do it.? i imagine you get so mad that you go over and over it until its imbedded in your memory for life. were you the one who remembered Gastineau had that penalty in the Cleveland playoff game for the 80s? i just remembered we lost and it had something to do with a FG. 

i try not to remember the details of our misery. plus im pretty sure i was a teenager and only cared about getting laid. actually i still do.. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That 8-8 record didn’t have much to do with coaching.  Rex was completely outcoached by basically every team with a veteran HC, en route to blowouts.  

And they had some bizarre wins that year, like the Bucs game where Geno was hit out of bounds for a 15-yard penalty that led to the game-winning FG.

8 wins with Geno should get REX coach of the year…….?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

HOLEE SH*T!

STAN!!  After a Eminem song!!  Seriously! A rapper added a word to the Merriam Webster Dictionary.  

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!! This is why I try like hell not to converse in the d-bag world.

I guess I raised my kids right.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eminem-stan-merriam-websters-dictionary-entry-826557/

I actually knew that, but I only have myself to blame. 

7 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Disagree. If Zach plays poorly again next year then maybe. 

This roster will be SIGNIFIGENTLY better next year. Lions, Bears and Jaguars all again in Metlife. I don't know I see more wins out there. 

Progress will be third in a division, that contains New England, Buffalo and Miami, all three could make the playoffs. We have more holes than a Swiss cheese and the worst Defence I’ve ever seen. The Jets aren’t going to be competitive in the division next year.

On 12/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, Bungaman said:

Not only do we have one of the younger rosters in the league, we are playing those kids, AND it is the first year of new offensive and defensive systems. Our vets and the second year guys - as well as the rookies - were starting on square one. Lots of hesitation and thinking early in the year, as opposed to just executing. 

Next year, only the FA's (who are of course veterans) and the rookies will have to learn a new system, and they will have the benefit of their teammates as well as all the coaches not starting from scratch. The team, from coaches to players, should be better prepared for the start of the next regular season.

Excellent point!  How frustrating was it to watch the moron Gaze play 62 year old Frank "Don't Call Me Al" Gore!  Douglas and Saleh could have brought in a few veteran CB and we would have no idea if the kids are any good (they are!).

• Upvote 1