Big Board at 4

derp

The list with assumption Hutch and Thibs are gone.

My list: 

1) Neal

2) Charles Cross 

3) Trey Burks

4) Devin Lloyd

5) Ekwonu (putting him here if we make assumption Neal is gone but think Neal is top of the board) 

what I think their list is:

1) Neal

2) Ojabo (bleh)

3) Charles Cross 

4) Gardener 

5) Hamilton (bleh)

I think a lot of the draft will come down to how they view the edge position - if they like the prospects or walk away unimpressed  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

The list with assumption Hutch and Thibs are gone.

My list: 

1) Neal

2) Charles Cross 

3) Trey Burks

4) Devin Lloyd

5) Ekwonu (putting him here if we make assumption Neal is gone but think Neal is top of the board) 

what I think their list is:

1) Neal

2) Ojabo (bleh)

3) Charles Cross 

4) Gardener 

5) Hamilton (bleh)

I think a lot of the draft will come down to how they view the edge position - if they like the prospects or walk away unimpressed  

For purposes of the question the list shouldn’t assume anyone is gone, it’s just four players. One of the four would be available at four.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

1) Hutch

2) Okwanu 

3) Neal

4) Thibs

Starting to get worried about Thibs off the field. Seems like a weird cat. I'm sure I'll forget about it when I see his testing numbers. 

Of those posted I think this is the one that interpreted the question correctly - or people have some wild boards. Shame I never make any sense.

I actually think this might be my list currently too.

• Upvote 2

1) Hutchinson

2) Ekwonu

3) Thibs

4) Hamilton (I'm hating this even as I type it)

I'm very solid on my top 3 as of today (1/21), but I run into a real problem at #4.  My argument for Hamilton is that I truly think he's the best pure football player in the draft (ignoring position).  He also marries well with the Jets dire need for playmakers on D and their current hole at Safety.  The problem of course is that Safety is not a premium position, it's far away from the ball and there are limited opportunities to impact plays unless you scheme your Safety into a playmaking position (ex. what Seattle did with Jamal last year to essentially force his way into each play and get sacks).

But again, right now Hamilton's pure ability as a player puts him at 4 for me.  My other considerations were Karlaftis and Ojabo (too early but premium positions), Evan Neal (excellent player but not a great schematic fit for the Jets wide zone blocking system), and Stingley (best CB in Draft, premium position, some injury concerns and questions about his value in Saleh's system that seems to use zone more than man coverages).

I really want to trade out of #4 and then if the Jets are back in the 8-12 range there are like 5 players I'd love there.  LBs and WRs start to enter the equation for me in that area but I don't like a single one at #4.  Just too early for a WR like London or a LB like Lloyd or Dean.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

1) Hutchinson

2) Ekwonu

3) Thibs

4) Hamilton (I'm hating this even as I type it)

I'm very solid on my top 3 as of today (1/21), but I run into a real problem at #4.  My argument for Hamilton is that I truly think he's the best pure football player in the draft (ignoring position).  He also marries well with the Jets dire need for playmakers on D and their current hole at Safety.  The problem of course is that Safety is not a premium position, it's far away from the ball and there are limited opportunities to impact plays unless you scheme your Safety into a playmaking position (ex. what Seattle did with Jamal last year to essentially force his way into each play and get sacks).

But again, right now Hamilton's pure ability as a player puts him at 4 for me.  My other considerations were Karlaftis and Ojabo (too early but premium positions), Evan Neal (excellent player but not a great schematic fit for the Jets wide zone blocking system), and Stingley (best CB in Draft, premium position, some injury concerns and his value in Saleh's system that seems to use zone more than man coverages).

I really want to trade out of #4 and then if the Jets are back in the 8-12 range there are like 5 players I'd love there.  LBs and WRs start to enter the equation for me in that area but I don't like a single one at #4.  Just too early for a guy WR like London or a LB like Lloyd or Dean.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• Haha 2

Right now im very down on thibs (attitude/doesnt show up for the big game) hutch/ojabu ( one year wonders plus they helped eqch other)

so they are gone. My focus is shifting to jermaine from fsu that might turn out about as good as those guys but for an early 2nd price tag.

so:

1. Neal/the weird name guy (i like o line and very safe)

2. Burks/wilson/london

3. lloyd/dean (need lb bad)

4. Hopefully jj fsu

• Upvote 1