Anyone going to the draft in Vegas?

12 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I went to the draft at the felt forum. Super cool.

Boomer was a demanding prima dona cxxnt. 

Joe theisman seemed cool. I screamed out”Joe! Who hurt you more? LT or kathie lee?”

He heard me and smirked.

The we took keyshawn. Keyshawn walked up the aisle towards me. He took off his new jet hat and threw it towards me. I swear to god the world went into super slow motion. The hats trajectory was dead on landing on my head. I put my hands out to snag it saying to myself, “omg! This hat is mine!” Then, a freight train barreled into my back. I was almost on the floor with dudes on top of me. The guy next to me got the hat.

true story

I was at this Draft as well and sat behind fireman Ed, got on TV for a few minutes when he led the cheers. Mike F walked the line beforehand, was fun chatting with him.  You are right about Boomer we got the uncensored feed on the FM radio giveaway and it was a blast to listen to… was a fun time.  

• Upvote 1

Canceled my reservation at the Cosmopolitan and will be at Paris with a view of the Bellagio fountains.  FYI - Rates aren't too horrible if you're a Caesar's Total Rewards member.

Based on the recently announced schedule and map it looks like the two main areas are the Red Carpet at the Bellagio Fountains and the NFL Draft Experience which appears to be tucked in the big parking lot behind The Flamingo, Harrah's and the LINQ.  This looks like it will be a pretty elaborate setup but I can say that as of last week there were no signs of anything being staged in that parking lot and nothing at the Bellagio Fountains yet (I was in Las Vegas for a work event at the Sands Expo Center last week).

Pretty much any hotel in the vicinity will work for people if you're still considering attending and thinking about where to stay, all in walking distance. Pro Tip - Request a high floor if you actually want to get some sleep at night. ?

NFL Draft Road Closure Map

• Upvote 2

On 3/29/2022 at 11:05 PM, jetstream23 said:

Canceled my reservation at the Cosmopolitan and will be at Paris with a view of the Bellagio fountains.  FYI - Rates aren't too horrible if you're a Caesar's Total Rewards member.

Based on the recently announced schedule and map it looks like the two main areas are the Red Carpet at the Bellagio Fountains and the NFL Draft Experience which appears to be tucked in the big parking lot behind The Flamingo, Harrah's and the LINQ.  This looks like it will be a pretty elaborate setup but I can say that as of last week there were no signs of anything being staged in that parking lot and nothing at the Bellagio Fountains yet (I was in Las Vegas for a work event at the Sands Expo Center last week).

Pretty much any hotel in the vicinity will work for people if you're still considering attending and thinking about where to stay, all in walking distance. Pro Tip - Request a high floor if you actually want to get some sleep at night. ?

NFL Draft Road Closure Map

Thanks for the info.  Planet Hollywood doesn't seem too far away. Decent walk but I can use the steps!

• Upvote 2

Started making a few lunch/dinner reservations.  Not that it's particularly hard to find a place for a bite but I'm expecting it could be a mob scene on Thursday and Friday evening at restaurants just before and just after the Draft.  So if you're looking for a "good meal" at a nice place I'd suggest hitting Open Table or contacting restaurants directly.

Reminder that the Draft starts at 5PM local time in Vegas on Thursday so I'm taking the wife to a late lunch at a steak place we like so that we're done at least an hour before the Draft.  Round 2 on Friday starts at 4PM local time so I'm booking a late dinner at one of our favorite Italian places that night at 9PM.  Can always cancel.

On 4/3/2022 at 11:59 PM, 4and10picks said:

Taking my 15 year old son Wednesday to Saturday. Can’t wait!

Awesome, that will be a blast!  Did you sign up on the one pass app or whatever the NFL is calling it?

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Started making a few lunch/dinner reservations.  Not that it's particularly hard to find a place for a bite but I'm expecting it could be a mob scene on Thursday and Friday evening at restaurants just before and just after the Draft.  So if you're looking for a "good meal" at a nice place I'd suggest hitting Open Table or contacting restaurants directly.

Reminder that the Draft starts at 5PM local time in Vegas on Thursday so I'm taking the wife to a late lunch at a steak place we like so that we're done at least an hour before the Draft.  Round 2 on Friday starts at 4PM local time so I'm booking a late dinner at one of our favorite Italian places that night at 9PM.  Can always cancel.

We definitely have to meet up for the draft.  Good advice in here. I have to plan all that out, getting in Wednesday night. Pretty pumped, I haven't been out of the house in like 3 years.

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2022 at 1:08 AM, jetstream23 said:

Not yet, I’ll do that and then PM you.  Maybe we find a way to meet up.

I am envious of you guys.

Have a great time - the draft - vegas - should be a blast.

I will be in disney for the draft so we will see how that goes.

Yes - Boomer is an ass. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Only to Vegas once.  My favorite restaurant was Battista's Hole in the Wall.  FWIW.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Trotter said:

I am envious of you guys.

Have a great time - the draft - vegas - should be a blast.

I will be in disney for the draft so we will see how that goes.

Yes - Boomer is an ass. 

We were in Disney during the draft a few years ago. My son and I snuck off and found a bench in the Magic Kingdom to watch the first round from there! Enjoy.

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We were in Disney during the draft a few years ago. My son and I snuck off and found a bench in the Magic Kingdom to watch the first round from there! Enjoy.

was thinking espn club on the boardwalk but it is still closed due to covid

9 hours ago, Trotter said:

was thinking espn club on the boardwalk but it is still closed due to covid

I thought they closed that before Covid? Went there years ago, cool place. Loved the ESPN that was in Times Square too. Wish that one was still open.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:07 AM, jeffkitref said:

I was seriously thinking about going but airplane and hotel costs are going to be north of 1k. Is it really worth going to?

I just got back from Vegas.  If smoking weed is your thing, you’ll love it.  

Hotels and food can be dirt cheap if you research and plan ahead.  They try to give rooms away in Vegas.  You only pay high rates booking with short notice.  People who don’t gamble and party hard will find it a discount trip

3 hours ago, STLuLu said:

I'm thinking about it. Where you all plan on meeting up at?

TBD.  We should probably get some type of thread going in the Draft forum specific for those attending in-person.  I'm taking the wife to a nice lunch and then probably going over to that Draft Experience setup behind Harrah's and The LINQ.  It's free for fans but you need to register in the app ahead of time as @Maxman noted earlier in the thread.  I think using a thread or a private group message here might be the best way to coordinate a general area to meetup.  I'll pretty much be saying hi to any other Jets fans I see.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Hotels and food can be dirt cheap if you research and plan ahead.  They try to give rooms away in Vegas.  You only pay high rates booking with short notice.  People who don’t gamble and party hard will find it a discount trip

Really good point. I don't drink and I will gamble but its not a huge deal for me. So I will set aside x amount and when it is done I am fine not chasing it if I lose. Not partying saves a ton of $. I think I don't drink simply because I am cheap sometimes.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

TBD.  We should probably get some type of thread going in the Draft forum specific for those attending in-person.  I'm taking the wife to a nice lunch and then probably going over to that Draft Experience setup behind Harrah's and The LINQ.  It's free for fans but you need to register in the app ahead of time as @Maxman noted earlier in the thread.  I think using a thread or a private group message here might be the best way to coordinate a general area to meetup.  I'll pretty much be saying hi to any other Jets fans I see.

I hearby appoint you the official thread starter.  And plans starter.  :)

I can pin the thread or move it wherever you think is best. And I will make sure to @ anyone who said they would be there. Received some emails through the blog as well, I will email them the plan.  All you have to do is create the plan. Easy haha.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I hearby appoint you the official thread starter.  And plans starter.  :)

I can pin the thread or move it wherever you think is best. And I will make sure to @ anyone who said they would be there. Received some emails through the blog as well, I will email them the plan.  All you have to do is create the plan. Easy haha.

Thanks!

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor