Anyone going to the draft in Vegas?

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well, that is inappropriate and disgusting.

Anyhow, is anyone going to the draft to watch the draft?  Should be a lot of Jets fans there.

@GREENBEAN pack up the RV and head out.  :)

I was thinking of it but I talked to a few people that have gone and also listened to some of the Jets creators experiences at the draft and it doesn't sound like all that fun. And I do not really have the bladder for multiple hour lines and things like that. 

Not an age thing either. 30 years ago went to TS for NYE and that was just a horrid experience with ridiculous crowds no where to pee, (and cold unlike Vegas will likely be)

All that said if your son is really into it it might be a blast for you.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I was thinking of it but I talked to a few people that have gone and also listened to some of the Jets creators experiences at the draft and it doesn't sound like all that fun. And I do not really have the bladder for multiple hour lines and things like that. 

Not an age thing either. 30 years ago went to TS for NYE and that was just a horrid experience with ridiculous crowds no where to pee, (and cold unlike Vegas will likely be)

All that said if your son is really into it it might be a blast for you.

That's what I am thinking. My daughter has been away - student teaching in the Netherlands, my youngest son is away at college. I've been in the house and we don't leave much. Wouldn't be bad to get away for a few days and it is one of the rate optimistic Jet moments.

I think we would have a blast just being there. I am sure it is a sh*t show with lines and crazy people madness. We would be okay just sitting back and taking it all in. People watching and recording some crazy Jets fans videos along the way.

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I loved going to the Jets/Giants draft parties but they would end after their picks. I wish I had gone to a draft while they were in NYC. The energy with the fans was awesome in MetLife when the Giants took Barkley and the Jets fans realized we were getting Sam.

Here is my shameless plug, myself GreenBean and Oleary live stream the draft each year. It's a blast because we'll talk about the draft but the whole conversation revolves entirely around the Jets. Just a fun hangout while everyone watches.

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That's what I am thinking. My daughter has been away - student teaching in the Netherlands, my youngest son is away at college. I've been in the house and we don't leave much. Wouldn't be bad to get away for a few days and it is one of the rate optimistic Jet moments.

That stadium looks amazing, I definitely want to visit. There was talk of me having my bachelor party out there last year for the draft but no dice haha 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Where is a place to stay?  I was thinking about it where is the hest place to be?

That I have no idea about. I was looking at stuff on Expedia and the Wynn looked nice and wasn't too bad $ wise. But I really don't know.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks!

So it looks like the "red carpet" will be at the Bellagio Fountains but the draft itself will be at Caesars, which is just next to the Bellagio.  Cosmo would still be a good central location, it's a "vegas short walk" from Caesars, but it looks like you wouldn't be able to watch the draft from your Cosmo balcony.  (If you've ever been to Vegas you know what I mean by "vegas short walk")

Other places to stay in that same area would be Planet Hollywood, Paris, Cromwell, Ballys, Harrahs and the Link.

Wynn is a great hotel, but it's not walkable to where the draft is going to be and I would imagine getting a taxi/uber will be near impossible especially if they shut down the strip to traffic.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/nfl-draft/nfl-draft-plans-for-vegas-still-include-stage-over-bellagio-fountains-2522341/#:~:text=According to the NFL's plans,and onto Las Vegas Boulevard.

According to the NFL’s plans, top players expected to go high in the draft will be ferried to a stage over the Bellagio fountains where they will make media rounds on the red carpet and then be ferried off the water and onto Las Vegas Boulevard. From there a waiting vehicle will transport the players from the Strip, east on Flamingo Road and to the NFL Draft main stage set to be located outside of the Caesars Forum convention center.

• Upvote 2

Will be there from Thursday to Saturday.  Staying at Cosmopolitan w/ Mrs. JS23.  Last time we were at Cosmo the Mrs. got drunk off peanut butter and jelly martinis courtesy of @TokyoJetsFan ... but I digress. lol

I rebooted a thread in the Draft forum from 2020 when I originally hatched the idea of hitting Vegas.

Let's get some critical mass of Jets fans there this year.  It's a big one for this franchise.

EDIT:  Started this in the Draft Forum, I guess I'm too much of a rule follower, @Maxman ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

On 3/9/2022 at 2:55 PM, IndianaJet said:

So it looks like the "red carpet" will be at the Bellagio Fountains but the draft itself will be at Caesars, which is just next to the Bellagio.  Cosmo would still be a good central location, it's a "vegas short walk" from Caesars, but it looks like you wouldn't be able to watch the draft from your Cosmo balcony.  (If you've ever been to Vegas you know what I mean by "vegas short walk")

Other places to stay in that same area would be Planet Hollywood, Paris, Cromwell, Ballys, Harrahs and the Link.

Wynn is a great hotel, but it's not walkable to where the draft is going to be and I would imagine getting a taxi/uber will be near impossible especially if they shut down the strip to traffic.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/nfl-draft/nfl-draft-plans-for-vegas-still-include-stage-over-bellagio-fountains-2522341/#:~:text=According to the NFL's plans,and onto Las Vegas Boulevard.

Thanks. I realized that after I posted it. Was going by what looked the nicest price wise and Wynn came up. But when I looked at the map it is far away.

I have in my cart right now, Wednesday night to late Saturday night and staying at Planet Hollywood.

The hotel looks really nice and price wise the trip is decent even with the flight.  The Vegas walk though is legit. My son is a personal trainer who lives in the gym. So it is time for me to hit the hit the treadmill to make that Vegas walk manageable.

Man you see the buildings and it doesn't look bad. By the time you get there its like what was I thinking lol.

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2022 at 3:27 PM, jetstream23 said:

Will be there from Thursday to Saturday.  Staying at Cosmopolitan w/ Mrs. JS23.  Last time we were at Cosmo the Mrs. got drunk off peanut butter and jelly martinis courtesy of @TokyoJetsFan ... but I digress. lol

I rebooted a thread in the Draft forum from 2020 when I originally hatched the idea of hitting Vegas.

Let's get some critical mass of Jets fans there this year.  It's a big one for this franchise.

EDIT:  Started this in the Draft Forum, I guess I'm too much of a rule follower, @Maxman ?

This is great news. I am definitely going as well.

I started mine in the draft forum, I just moved mine haha. I will merge them, thanks.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, mphtrilogy said:

Well, looks like I won the nyjets.com Grand Prize Draft sweepstakes contest and will be heading to the draft.  

Entered on a whim in January from the email newsletter and found out last week, I completely forgot I entered and they had to contact me twice as I didn’t see it at first and only had 3 days left to respond, lol.  My wife and I will be using the trip as a 30th anniversary getaway which was postponed in January.

My 18 year old daughter was lobbying hard for the trip as she is a football nut and wants to work in sports as a career, but it’s a 21 year age limit.  My wife is warming up to the idea of attending the first night of The Draft but definitely not her scene for sure, but 3 nights in Vegas for the prize so the whole trip should be fun.  Never  been to Vegas.

Gonna be rocking my Klecko jersey and my daughter found a David Harris jersey for my wife at the thrift store.

I’ll try and post a pic from the event.

real people do win these things …Crazy!!

Mike

That is awesome! Congratulations on winning.  I am definitely going with my son as well. Should be a great time.

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2022 at 3:27 PM, jetstream23 said:

I just realized your thread was from 2020, that is awesome. I made a corporate decision and this one is the Official #### haha.

I should be booking everything tomorrow. Pretty excited about this.

• Upvote 1

WAYS TO WATCH

The NFL Draft will be broadcast on NFL Network, ABC, ESPN and ESPN Deportes

Thursday, April 28 8PM ET

Friday, April 29 7PM ET

Saturday, April 30 Noon ET

DRAFT EXPERIENCE & THEATER

The 2022 NFL Draft will take the stage in Las Vegas at the heart of the Strip, with Draft Experience and the Draft Theater located behind the High Roller at the LINQ Promenade.

Draft Experience, the NFL's interactive football theme park, will feature participatory games and clinics, food & beverage, and exclusive merchandise at NFL Shop presented by Visa. Draft Experience will also feature virtual autograph sessions with NFL players, personalized digital photos, a 40-yard dash and vertical jump against NFL players on LED screens, a Super Bowl rings display, and photo opportunities with the Vince Lombardi Trophy!

Fans will also be able to view the Draft Theater as part of the experience, where prospects will take the stage to celebrate being selected to their new team. With the Theater situated directly adjacent to Draft Experience, viewing will be available of the stage itself and on multiple screens throughout the event site.

Draft Experience is free and open to the public from Thursday, April 28 – Saturday, April 30, running from 12pm – 9pm on Thursday and Friday and 8am – 5pm on Saturday.

Prior to attending Draft Experience, fans will need to register with NFL OnePass online or via our mobile app, which will be available for download in the coming weeks.

CITY OF LAS VEGAS

For more information on the city of Las Vegas, please visit the Visit Las Vegas website.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks. I realized that after I posted it. Was going by what looked the nicest price wise and Wynn came up. But when I looked at the map it is far away.

I have in my cart right now, Wednesday night to late Saturday night and staying at Planet Hollywood.

The hotel looks really nice and price wise the trip is decent even with the flight.  The Vegas walk though is legit. My son is a personal trainer who lives in the gym. So it is time for me to hit the hit the treadmill to make that Vegas walk manageable.

Man you see the buildings and it doesn't look bad. By the time you get there its like what was I thinking lol.

Planet Hollywood is a fun hotel. I’ve stayed there a few times myself. 

Go to Cafe Hollywood for breakfast and get the Loco Moco!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 12:30 PM, IndianaJet said:

Planet Hollywood is a fun hotel. I’ve stayed there a few times myself. 

Go to Cafe Hollywood for breakfast and get the Loco Moco!

Thanks I will check it out. Planet Hollywood looks pretty nice.

Anyone else going to be there? I just posted the press release from the NFL. I will merge it with this thread.

2022 NFL Draft logo

Are you going to the NFL draft in Vegas this year? If so, let us know, JetNation will be there. You can either email us or drop a note in this thread about Jets fans in Vegas.

NFL Onepass Launches For Fans To Register For NFL Draft Experience In Las Vegas

The 2022 NFL Draft presented by Bud Light will take place Thursday, April 28 – Saturday, April 30 at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip

LAS VEGAS [March 28, 2022] – The NFL Draft Experience, the NFL’s interactive football theme park, will be free and open to the public in Las Vegas at the heart of the Strip during all three days of the Draft (April 28-30). The NFL Draft Experience and Draft Theater will be located behind the High Roller and the LINQ, adjacent to Caesars Forum.

For free entry to Draft Experience, fans are required to register for NFL OnePass at NFL.com/OnePass. Fans can download the NFL OnePass app to play games at Draft Experience, receive digital content and enter for a chance to win exclusive prizes, including a grand prize trip for two to Super Bowl LVII in Arizona.

To celebrate the next generation of the NFL as they take the stage in Las Vegas, NFL Draft Experience will offer fans the opportunity to participate in immersive exhibits, sponsor activations, take photos with the Raiders’ Vince Lombardi Trophies and enjoy the youth-focused Play 60 Zone. Fans will also be able to shop exclusive merchandise at the NFL Shop presented by Visa, all while taking in the sites and experiences of the lively Las Vegas Strip.

Fans will also be able to view the Draft Theater where prospects will take the stage to celebrate being selected to their new team. General fan viewing will be on a first-come first-served basis and is standing room only. The Draft will also be broadcast on multiple screens throughout the event site.

Draft Experience will also feature the 40-yard dash, a vertical jump against NFL players on LED screens, and Super Bowl rings display. Activations include –

• Play 60 Zone
  • Bud Light Draft Tavern
  • Invisalign Photo Frames
  • Super Bowl Rings
  • Raiders Vince Lombardi Trophies from Super Bowls XI, XV, and XVIIIDraft Experience attendees will also have the chance to score free autographs from current NFL players and Legends at the Panini Autograph Stage. The player autograph schedule will be announced closer to the event through the OnePass app.

At the conclusion of each day of the Draft, the NFL will host FREE concerts in the Draft Theater as part of the NFL Draft Concert Series presented by Bud Light. Concert viewing is on a first-come first-served basis and standing room only. Headliners will be announced at a later date.

The NFL Draft Experience is free and NFL OnePass registration is required to enter.  Draft Experience hours of operation –   

• Thursday, April 28: 12 PM – 9 PM PT (post-concert)
  • Friday, April 29: 12 PM – 9 PM PT (post-concert)
  • Saturday, April 30: 8 AM – 6 PM PT (post-concert)For more information on NFL Draft Experience and for the full list of interactive games and attractions, fans should visit NFL.com/Draft and download the NFL OnePass app at NFL.com/OnePass.

The NFL Draft presented by Bud Light will be broadcast live on NFL Network, ABC, ESPN and ESPN Deportes beginning –

• Thursday, April 28 8 PM ET / 5 PM PT
  • Friday, April 29 7 PM ET / 4 PM PT
  • Saturday, April 30 Noon ET / 9 AM PT

The post Going to the Draft in Vegas; NFL Onepass Info appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Sympathy 2

On 3/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, mphtrilogy said:

Well, looks like I won the nyjets.com Grand Prize Draft sweepstakes contest and will be heading to the draft.  

Entered on a whim in January from the email newsletter and found out last week, I completely forgot I entered and they had to contact me twice as I didn’t see it at first and only had 3 days left to respond, lol.  My wife and I will be using the trip as a 30th anniversary getaway which was postponed in January.

My 18 year old daughter was lobbying hard for the trip as she is a football nut and wants to work in sports as a career, but it’s a 21 year age limit.  My wife is warming up to the idea of attending the first night of The Draft but definitely not her scene for sure, but 3 nights in Vegas for the prize so the whole trip should be fun.  Never  been to Vegas.

Gonna be rocking my Klecko jersey and my daughter found a David Harris jersey for my wife at the thrift store.

I’ll try and post a pic from the event.

real people do win these things …Crazy!!

Mike

Get a fake id for your daughter, you can milk this for the rest of your life if you play your cards correctly.

• Haha 1

I went to the draft at the felt forum. Super cool.

Boomer was a demanding prima dona cxxnt. 

Joe theisman seemed cool. I screamed out”Joe! Who hurt you more? LT or kathie lee?”

He heard me and smirked.

The we took keyshawn. Keyshawn walked up the aisle towards me. He took off his new jet hat and threw it towards me. I swear to god the world went into super slow motion. The hats trajectory was dead on landing on my head. I put my hands out to snag it saying to myself, “omg! This hat is mine!” Then, a freight train barreled into my back. I was almost on the floor with dudes on top of me. The guy next to me got the hat.

true story

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Hotels near caesars: bellagio, cosmopolitan, the paris one and the italian one.

all superb but beware of the “vegas short walk” as someone mentioned. Things that look close are really far

Yeah it is scary what an optical illusion that is. Made that mistake in the past for sure.