How much more time should Joe Douglas have?

DjHoldyHold

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

They were horrible picks.  I wanted Wirfs and Fields.  The NFL is set up for mediocrity by way of the salary cap and the order of the draft.  Everybody starts at 8-8 under the old 16 game season.  Coaching and QB's tip the scales one direction or another.  If we do not have 8 or more wins this year, you have to replace the HC or the QB or both.

image.png.18880816e6f7355d5bb3b025d3c4661e.png

So big deal, you wanted a RG when we were drafting a LT and that story isn’t over. You wanted Fields who was no better than ZW with a stronger roster and all that help having played at a big time college.  
Who came up with the ridiculous “everyone starts off at 8-8” nonsense?

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So big deal, you wanted a RG when we were drafting a LT and that story isn’t over. You wanted Fields who was no better than ZW with a stronger roster and all that help having played at a big time college.  
Who came up with the ridiculous “everyone starts off at 8-8” nonsense?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-progress-means-mediocrity-postseason-014500833.html

The roster additions look good of course the jury is still out on Zach their biggest acquisition and decision of JD’s tenure. But if all of those players can’t win games this season and it’s a third super bad season in a row under Douglas then you’d think that Woody who didn’t hire him might consider a change. I don’t know who they could hire that would have it over JD. I’d give him the 5 years. But the team needs Ws and it needs them now. If Zach is a bust he could bring everyone down with him. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The roster additions look good of course the jury is still out on Zach their biggest acquisition and decision of JD’s tenure. But if all of those players can’t win games this season and it’s a third super bad season in a row under Douglas then you’d think that Woody who didn’t hire him might consider a change. I don’t know who they could hire that would have it over JD. I’d give him the 5 years. But the team needs Ws and it needs them now. If Zach is a bust he could bring everyone down with him. 

Careful.... speaking honestly and objectively gets you shot around here.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He (Newsome) didn’t field a winning team his first 5 or 6 seasons.  

4th year .500, 5th year won SB but point taken. My comment was more that him taking Boler was a bad pick, yes, but I'm saying if you won a SB 3 years before that they'll let that slide, usually. Also a different time. Other aspects of the game/roster mattered way more than one position like it is now. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:46 PM, Jet Nut said:

You wanted Fields who was no better than ZW with a stronger roster and all that help having played at a big time college.

The ‘21 Bears did not have a stronger roster than the ‘21 Jets

And the ‘22 Jets have more talent than the ‘22 Bears

If you are talking about Ohio State, I strongly disagree with you that Fields was “no better” than ZW

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The ‘21 Bears did not have a stronger roster than the ‘21 Jets

And the ‘22 Jets have more talent than the ‘22 Bears

If you are talking about Ohio State, I strongly disagree with you that Fields was “no better” than ZW

The 21 Bears WRs and RBs were better.  
You can disagree with me all you want on Fields and ZW.  Not that I said it, so don’t know why you’re disagreeing with.