2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

29 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Panarin and Zibanejad need to step up.

Panarin will not so don't count on it, his playoff performance wasn't nearly good enough last year either. Zibanejad has been so invisible you could barely tell he's in the lineup, he desperately needs to get going if the Rangers want to get back on track.

24 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

@32EBoozer what's with the dislikes? Is what I'm saying not true? Have you watched the last 2 games? If you haven't, I'll fill you in: The Rangers have been pathetic top to bottom except Shesterkin (that will probably change now that I said that).

It’s 2-2 and you’re throwing in the towel. That’s what’s up with the ?

Should I have given you a ?for your commitment to this team?

I understand you’re disappointed but this team is resilient. Devils are a very good team… you just don’t sweep your way to the Lord Stanley. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

It’s 2-2 and you’re throwing in the towel. That’s what’s up with the ?

Should I have given you a ?for your commitment to this team?

I understand you’re disappointed but this team is resilient. Devils are a very good team… you just don’t sweep your way to the Lord Stanley. 

Resilient? They didn't look very resilient in game 4 and I'm not saying they should've swept NJ but it would be nice if FOR ONCE the Rangers could wrap up a series in 4 or 5. Instead they drag it out every year and run out of steam because they've played so many games. About your commitment point, being critical of the team doesn't mean I lack commitment as a fan I want them to win just as much as everyone else does.

This first round has been very weird. If you were tell me the Panthers would win two games in Boston or that the Islanders would win an elimination game in Carolina or the Rangers get swept at home or Seattle would win 2 in Colorado I'd have said not a chance.

Just gotta gear it up for tonight. Mika, Panarin, Kane really need to come through tonight.

Always felt this was going to go 7 and I see no reason to change.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
31 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:
Well on our way to Jersey in 6. Fire Gallant, Kelly and the rest of the coaching staff. Panarin needs to go too. 

Where's Panarin going? He'd be tough to trade.

I agree and admittedly I haven’t thought it through but idc where he goes as long as it’s not here next season. 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:27 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don’t understand how some of you guys aren’t pissed. This season is a complete failure and our guys other than Igor have not shown up. 

Oh trust me I am shocked and pissed.

I also give the Devils a ton of credit they have figured out a way to pretty much shut the Rangers down. If the Rangers have any chance tonight they have to go out get the lead early and shut them down.

The one thing I am holding onto is that when the Rangers backs are against the wall they normally respond with a big effort. I expect to be gearing up for a game 7.

If they lose I can very easily see Gallant being shown the door.

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Aaron Rodgers in da house. Brought the mojo. Fourth star of the game ?

Take him to game 7 in a stretch limo

I was expecting this. AR is El Presidente as long as he remains the AR we’ve seen make football look easy. 
Would love to get his opinion of the Draft last night. He owes JD a Pat on the back as the Draft could have been a disaster for us.