2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

14 hours ago, EM31 said:

Good games this evening.  Islanders have a real shot despite the game-1 loss

I find it hard to be optimistic as an Islander fan.  We just don't have the firepower to score more than 1 or 2 goals on this team.  We have no margin for error.  Only reason we were not shutout last night was a fluky goal.  We may be able to win a game or two, but I don't see us scoring enough to beat this team in 4 of the next 6.

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I find it hard to be optimistic as an Islander fan.  We just don't have the firepower to score more than 1 or 2 goals on this team.  We have no margin for error.  Only reason we were not shutout last night was a fluky goal.  We may be able to win a game or two, but I don't see us scoring enough to beat this team in 4 of the next 6.

As the game went on you were really neutralizing their crazy press.  When they are not in your zone for minutes on end they are really not a great or even a very good defensive team. Your team let in 2 power play goals and that is it.  Take heart

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

As the game went on you were really neutralizing their crazy press.  When they are not in your zone for minutes on end they are really not a great or even a very good defensive team. Your team let in 2 power play goals and that is it.  Take heart

Hope you are right.  Really looking forward to tonight's game.  Should be a great matchup with the Devils.  Two legit Stanley Cup contenders meeting in the first round.  NHL's playoff product is so damn good.  So many great first round matchups that are toss ups.

• Upvote 1

Very worried about this series.  The Devils are young, hungry and very talented.  The Rangers also have all the pressure.  We had a deep run last year and made the trades for Kane and Tarasenko.  We're going for it all. 

Meanwhile, the Devils have an excellent chance to have a deep run this year.  Game 1 is going to be huge.

Good way to start the post season. Lots of blocked shots last night and clogging lanes.  

I don't know what is going on with Kane. He must still be hurting a bit. He looked really slow out there tonight.

Devils did not come out ready to play first 10 minutes. I expect that to be a big change tomorrow night.

One other thing. Hughes is insanely fast. Rangers have to slow him down a little or make him think out there a little bit. That dude is scary.

• Upvote 1

Very dominant game 1 by the rangers. That goal by lindgren was insane. No idea how he snuck that in. 

I think the biggest difference maker in this series will be Igor. He’s really good in the regular season. He’s a beast in the playoffs. Also rangers have more experience. A good mix of youth and vets where devils are basically all youth. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, EM31 said:

Savor it for about five minutes then toss it away and start to think about Thursday night.  The Devils will not be this bad again.

Probably won’t allow 5 goals again, but you’ll also need the offense to play better as well. Rangers had it going on both ends of the ice.

Seriously?  What a terrible take and post.  
He hasn't been here long but is prolific at both.
Trouba is a guy known to lay out people with good, clean hits (for the most) especially in the playoffs. I came from a time when you could actually check a ******* guy without the other team jumping you. Maybe you like European hockey. But one way to slow down Hughes, who is a fantastic player, is to make him wary of getting smashed. If you want him skating up and down the ice untouched, that's on you.
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Trouba is a guy known to lay out people with good, clean hits (for the most) especially in the playoffs. I came from a time when you could actually check a ******* guy without the other team jumping you. Maybe you like European hockey. But one way to slow down Hughes, who is a fantastic player, is to make him wary of getting smashed. If you want him skating up and down the ice untouched, that's on you.

I like good clean body checking too, but I hate hits to the head.  My son played hockey and fear of concussions is real.  No player should intentionally hit another player's head with an elbow or shoulder.  Trouba is a head hunter.  Many of his hits are not clean.  He throws elbows at heads constantly.  Like this one

And this one

Why do that when it could be you or your teammate that gets hit with an elbow and misses weeks or months with a head injury.  You only get one brain. It's no joke.  

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I like good clean body checking too, but I hate hits to the head.  My son played hockey and fear of concussions is real.  No player should intentionally hit another player's head with an elbow or shoulder.  Trouba is a head hunter.  Many of his hits are not clean.  He throws elbows at heads constantly.  Like this one

And this one

Why do that when it could be you or your teammate that gets hit with an elbow and misses weeks or months with a head injury.  You only get one brain. It's no joke.  

I wasn't implying that Trouba take him out with a cheap shot. I was implying that Trouba needs to to what he gets paid to do. If you don't want him out there playing the body, then you have to bench him. Because that's what he does. I'm sure Devil's fans would love for the Rangers to put their skirts on and skate up and down the ice with the Devils. But that's a sure way for the Rangers to lose the series. They need to be physical. By the way, the only cheap sh*t I saw last night was that crap the Devils pulled where McLeod got the minor penalty.

• Upvote 4