2022/23 NY Rangers thread (Rebuild's Over)

TBJ

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I wasn't implying that Trouba take him out with a cheap shot. I was implying that Trouba needs to to what he gets paid to do. If you don't want him out there playing the body, then you have to bench him. Because that's what he does. I'm sure Devil's fans would love for the Rangers to put their skirts on and skate up and down the ice with the Devils. But that's a sure way for the Rangers to lose the series. They need to be physical. By the way, the only cheap sh*t I saw last night was that crap the Devils pulled where McLeod got the minor penalty.

Fair enough.  I misunderstood your post.  No worries.  

• Sympathy 1

@Lith

That was the game last night.  If you went home tied up at one each I think the team would really feel good about its chances.  Strange way the tying goal went in for them after what looked like being an epic 4-minute PK.

I still think the Canes are a bit of a paper tiger without Svechnikov.

7 hours ago, EM31 said:

@Lith

That was the game last night.  If you went home tied up at one each I think the team would really feel good about its chances.  Strange way the tying goal went in for them after what looked like being an epic 4-minute PK.

I still think the Canes are a bit of a paper tiger without Svechnikov.

Yup.  Last night was a crushing loss.  Unfortunately Sorokin had an off night at the worst possible time.  Couple of fluky goals, but that happens in the playoffs.   We had a lead in the 3rd and couldn't protect it.  

We gotta take two at home and put pressure on the Canes heading back to Raleigh, but its a big mountain to climb.

I would imagine you will get the Devils A-game after dominating game 1 the way you did.  Worst case scenario you head to the Garden even, which is still a pretty good spot.  Good luck tonight (I don't really mean that but you are being nice to me, so I am trying).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Last night was a crushing loss.  Unfortunately Sorokin had an off night at the worst possible time.  Couple of fluky goals, but that happens in the playoffs.   We had a lead in the 3rd and couldn't protect it.  

We gotta take two at home and put pressure on the Canes heading back to Raleigh, but its a big mountain to climb.

I would imagine you will the Devils A-game after you dominating game 1 the way you did.  Worst case scenario you head to the Garden even, which is still a pretty good spot.  Good luck tonight (I don't really mean that but you are being nice to me, so I am trying).

I have nothing against the Islanders unless your team is playing against mine in which case my opinion is quite different. As far as any rooting interest is concerned I am rooting for triple overtime in game seven of that series for obvious reasons.

The Devils are in a bit of a pickle because their natural inclination will be to give "maximal effort" from puck drop tonight. For a young team that has not been there before might put them at severe risk of taking silly penalties unless they get out to an early lead.  I expect them to give lots of attention to Chris Kreider in front of net on the PK which should lead to Mika's office being open for business all night long tonight.

In the end we will go as Igor goes and really everything else is borderline irrelevant.  So far so good on that score.  And oh, Kane is so well and truly done at this point that it is almost embarrassing to see him out there,  Vladi Tarasenko on the other hand, who is playing for his next contract is warming up to being as good as advertised in the playoffs.  Mikkola (the throw in on that deal) is also playing quite well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

I have nothing against the Islanders unless your team is playing against mine in which case my opinion is quite different. As far as any rooting interest is concerned I am rooting for triple overtime in game seven of that series for obvious reasons.

The Devils are in a bit of a pickle because their natural inclination will be to give "maximal effort" from puck drop tonight. For a young team that has not been there before might put them at severe risk of taking silly penalties unless they get out to an early lead.  I expect them to give lots of attention to Chris Kreider in front of net on the PK which should lead to Mika's office being open for business all night long tonight.

In the end we will go as Igor goes and really everything else is borderline irrelevant.  So far so good on that score.  And oh, Kane is so well and truly done at this point that it is almost embarrassing to see him out there,  Vladi Tarasenko on the other hand, who is playing for his next contract is warming up to being as good as advertised in the playoffs.  Mikkola (the throw in on that deal) is also playing quite well.

Not sure how you could believe this as a Rangers fan. The icelanders are just as much of a rival as the debbies are if not more so.

9 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Not sure how you could believe this as a Rangers fan. The icelanders are just as much of a rival as the debbies are if not more so.

We are rivals when we play them.  Outside of that I Have no real feelings either way.  It has simply been too many decades if ever that both teams have been good at the same time.

14 minutes ago, EM31 said:

We are rivals when we play them.  Outside of that I Have no real feelings either way.  It has simply been too many decades if ever that both teams have been good at the same time.

No we are definitely always rivals. This is the first time I've heard a Rangers fan say they don't want them to lose on a nightly basis because they certainly want us to lose every game. If you aren't from the NY area I might understand but anyone who has to deal with a rivals fans is going to dislike them.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I feel you, but same division so even when they're not playing head to head there are implications.

3 hours ago, TBJ said:

I feel you, but same division so even when they're not playing head to head there are implications.

Maybe if we are good at the same time it might spice things back up but that has almost never happened.  Last time I checked Canes and Isles are both division rivals.

Devils are in a world of hurt right now. They have no answer for Kreider parked in front of the net.

As bad as Kane was Tuesday he has been much better tonight. 

And Gallant some credit they have shutdown the Devils speed game with the Neutral Zone trap. A fixture of those Devils title teams

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, EM31 said:

Well I went through four years of High School watching the Fookers eliminate the Rangers from the postseason. 81-84.

Hatred ain’t what it used to be since they had to wear those dopey fisherman jerseys. But still flunk’em

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Devils seem to be looking to hurt people now. Not a good look.

I kinda felt that way the while game.  Early, I think it was Severson, was pulling a ranger around by his shield.  I was surprised there was no call, but the more frustrated they got, the more and more they instigated.

I kinda felt that way the while game.  Early, I think it was Severson, was pulling a ranger around by his shield.  I was surprised there was no call, but the more frustrated they got, the more and more they instigated.
I get their frustration. They just got their ass kicked for the second straight game. Not sure they want to keep giving the Rangers power plays though.
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
8 minutes ago, hawk said:

I get their frustration. They just got their ass kicked for the second straight game. Not sure they want to keep giving the Rangers power plays though.

The refs did a good job.  It could have gotten pretty bad.  

That said, the Devils looked pretty bush league.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

The Rangers played about as good a game as you can play. That type of game wins you a Stanley Cup,

The Defense. the backchecking, was outstanding last night.

Still gotta get two more to advance but I feel alot better about them right now then I did Tuesday at around 6:55pm,

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/19/2023 at 6:51 PM, bicketybam said:

I'm sure Devil's fans would love for the Rangers to put their skirts on and skate up and down the ice with the Devils. But that's a sure way for the Rangers to lose the series. They need to be physical.

And yet as soon as the Devils tried to open the game up and skate up and down the ice the Rangers out scored the Devils 5-0

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:
And yet as soon as the Devils tried to open the game up and skate up and down the ice the Rangers out scored the Devils 5-0

It's still not something I'd want to do. The Devil's had plenty of scoring opportunities.

Things opened up but there was a lot hitting and scrappiness going on, on both sides, and that didn't serve NJ well, at all

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, shawn306 said:

The Rangers played about as good a game as you can play. That type of game wins you a Stanley Cup,

The Defense. the backchecking, was outstanding last night.

Still gotta get two more to advance but I feel alot better about them right now then I did Tuesday at around 6:55pm,

I feel better that Kane played a huge part.  If he plays like that moving forward, the Rangers are dangerous.

• Upvote 2

Kane is fine and he contributes. Then again I don't listen to the likes of Boomer Esiason and the rest.

Tarasenko to me was the key pick up. Just a tremendous competitor, and a leader. Tough as nails too. A good example to guys like Chytil and Kakko. Kane is a quiet leader.

That Tarasenko goal Thursday was brilliant, and he's come up big in both games

LGR

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1