Just a little bye-week fun..... <Bumped just for you know what and giggles>

EM31

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I let fake news fool me.  I didn’t know we’d get this guy.  I suggested field of dreams to JD.  

Now let me go back to my depressing start to the Football season.  

I was fooled, as well. 

I also thought Rodgers was a pipe dream. I’m pretty sure I said in another thread that he’d flat our never come here. Whoops. I deserve to be dunked on. 

On 11/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, Lith said:

My son and I had the same discussion about 3 weeks ago.  At the time, I would have been all in on a move to acquire Rodgers.  But now, I am not so sure.  He looks bad.  Its not just his receivers.  He made some awful decisions last week against Detroit, has missed open receivers fairly consistently.  

I like what we are building here.  If it turns out Zach is not the answer, I woudl prefer the approach that @slimjasi outlined above.  Get a younger vet who could potentially be here a while if he works out. 

I am afraid if we went all in for Rodgers, we would have buyer's remorse similar to what Denver is feeling right now. Cap and picks needed to acquire a guy on the downside of his career is too steep a price to pay.

This is a good, reasonable post.  Made sense at the time.

Kinda holds true now.

He's here now so let's go Rodgers, but I get your initial thoughts from 10 months ago.

• Upvote 1