Derek Carr

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Fields? His style of play isn’t sustainable, he already got injured. Not to mention he can’t even throw the ball

He has 13 passing TDs this season 

Your hero Wilson has 4

His completion % is 4 % pts higher than ZW’s

He rolled up 33 pts on Belichick in prime time and beat him

Zach Wilson produced 3 pts with 77 yards passing, 34 of which came on an under thrown duck Mims made a play on

Sorry, no offense (similar to ZW), but your IQ must be lower than ZW’s QBR

On 11/16/2022 at 4:30 PM, peekskill68 said:

Watched most of that Bills-Vikes game.  Cousins had some really nice throws.  Having Jefferson to throw to didn't hurt much either...

We have our version of Jefferson in Garrett Wilson..... Okay I know he is not on Jefferson level, at least not yet.  Still can only imagine his production with a legit quarterback. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/16/2022 at 4:28 PM, WhartonJet said:

Like you said, it would take something monumental but if he doesn't want to be a Raven Jackson will hold some leverage.  Multiple 1sts and more.  But I shudder to think about this defense and Lamar Jackson with our weapons.

Vegas odds on fav to win SB

On 11/21/2022 at 9:28 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He has 13 passing TDs this season 

Your hero Wilson has 4

His completion % is 4 % pts higher than ZW’s

He rolled up 33 pts on Belichick in prime time and beat him

Zach Wilson produced 3 pts with 77 yards passing, 34 of which came on an under thrown duck Mims made a play on

Sorry, no offense (similar to ZW), but your IQ must be lower than ZW’s QBR

Zach Wilson stinks and so does fields.  He predictably got injured after pretending to be Lamar Jackson for a month yay

17 hours ago, varjet said:

I think practically we would have to trade for Carr, which would be too expensive, unless we dare the Raiders to cut him.  I don't the Raiders do that. 

Jimmy G, for likely the same or less money, with no draft pick compensation, is a better deal, IMHO.  

Raiders are cutting Carr.  McDaniels has made it his mission to bring the 2000’s Raiders crap era back in full force

2 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Raiders are cutting Carr.  McDaniels has made it his mission to bring the 2000’s Raiders crap era back in full force

The Raiders will try to trade him.  They save $29mm on the cap if they trade him, with a $5.6mm cap hit.   His cap hit for the team trading for him would be $33mm in 2023 and $42mm in 2023 and 2024.  That could easily be the Jets as they carry Wilson as well into 2023.  

Someone will give the Raiders something, likely at least a couple of 1s, to make it worth the Raiders to take that hit.  

The question is what would JD give up for him, whether they grade Jimmy G as better, and how much would Jimmy G cost?  

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Raiders will try to trade him.  They save $29mm on the cap if they trade him, with a $5.6mm cap hit.   His cap hit for the team trading for him would be $33mm in 2023 and $42mm in 2023 and 2024.  That could easily be the Jets as they carry Wilson as well into 2023.  

Someone will give the Raiders something, likely at least a couple of 1s, to make it worth the Raiders to take that hit.  

The question is what would JD give up for him, whether they grade Jimmy G as better, and how much would Jimmy G cost?  

I want Brady.  McDaniels has turned that organization into a hot mess I wouldn’t be shocked if Carr was cut during the season

Given his contract bringing him in is not a bridge to a new era.  It is the era.  Hard pass.

I want a guy who is free and comes without a lengthy contract.  I do not mind paying him.  There were lots to choose from last year and we had little upside to offer the NFL. 

Now we offer Sauce, Garrett, Williams, Johnson, Hall, Reed, Clemons, Moore, Mims and many others.  Bwahahaha!

We can have our pick.  I will sign Gardner Minshew and draft Penix, Ward or Jefferson with our last pick in the draft.  We are a win now team.  

15 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

why would raiders get rid of Carr after they just paid stupid money and picks for his best friend at WR. Surely its easy to see he isnt THE issue in LV, and they clearly arent blowing it up.

This might be true...

But if he's available he would be an amazing get.   Jets woluld be insane not to make every effort to get him.  Put him with a good running game and a top 10 D...

And the Jets would be legit Super Bowl contenders.  

• Upvote 1