We’ll Learn a lot Sunday about White & Knight

51 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's an under the radar loss, but I think Cedric Ogbuehi being out is really going to hurt.  I didn't get to watch him much directly, but the running game seemed to be coming around with him in there and Fant seems a bit more of a "finesse" guy.  Anybody know if he is coming back or done for the season?  It didn't seem a big deal with Fant and Mitchell coming back, but one injury away from Mike Remmers at tackle it seems a bit more concerning.   

I wondered this too and can't seem to find it anywhere.

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Didn't they just have their highest QB-pressure rate, without blitzing, following the loss of Von Miller? 

Not sure, If so I must have missed it.....

During the last matchup they didnt get much heat on Zach outside of Von Miller so hopefully the trend continues for MW and the offense this week....

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2022 at 8:16 AM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Man- losing Breece sucked!  But Knight has been playing at an elite level these past 2 weeks with over 5.5 yards per carry, the second most missed tackles & 2nd highest missed tackle rate, and over 100 all purpose yards per game.

Can he outperform against the Bills?  If so, it’s almost inconceivable to think of the embarrassment of riches we’ll have at running back when Breece gets healthy.

Mike White has shown he’s got a little gunslinger in him and is not just a game manager or check down Charlie that many fans were claiming he was after only a few starts.

Can he also show he can beat an aggressive press man blitzing defense, one of the top overall units in the NFL.  Avoiding the turnovers when he presses too hard?

Gentlemen, ladies, and theys among us::  it’s finally fun to be a Jets fan.  So many exciting story lines as we finish the season.

Do these 2 show us they are for real?

I think we've already learned a lot... I'm not sure "1 game" is the measure of White's effectiveness anymore. It's going to be where we are in January. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I think we've already learned a lot... I'm not sure "1 game" is the measure of White's effectiveness anymore. It's going to be where we are in January. 

I agree that's the much bigger part, can this guy take us to the playoffs?

Hey - always appreciate your football insights .... what are your thoughts on White?

Also, I'm loving the idea of getting him or whoever wins the job another first round WR in the 2023 draft.  What WRs do you like??

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I agree that's the much bigger part, can this guy take us to the playoffs?

Hey - always appreciate your football insights .... what are your thoughts on White?

Also, I'm loving the idea of getting him or whoever wins the job another first round WR in the 2023 draft.  What WRs do you like??

Honestly, I think White's been nothing short of amazing - given the Oregon trail he's traveled to be here. We have [barely] seen flashes of competence at QB since Pennington, and White has already hit that bar and nearly exceeded it 2 games this year... 

White's situation here is an analog for America's infatuation with hyperbole. Everything has to be the best, otherwise it's the worst. The outliers (ie. Mahomes) too often are seen as some kind of attainable/reasonable measurement of success. Instead of comparing him to Zeus, how about we look at "What's needed to win with White".... If he continues to play the he has, you can win on any given sunday with him. 

I love this WR class. Big time.... though i do see some overvalued guys (in december) at the top. We'll see where this is in 4-6 weeks. 

• Upvote 1